Preferred hotel for night before cruise?

RadioFanatic

Mouseketeer<br><font color=6d6b70>SO not a jewelry
I would love to hear people's recommendations for a hotel to stay at the night before the cruise and why you pick that particular hotel - thanks!

First, define where you want to stay (and for yourself, answer why). The basic choices are WDW area (good if you will get there early enough to enjoy being there, out of the way and costly if you just need a bed for the night), the port area, and the MCO area.

We've stayed in all 3 on various trips. If I'm coming in late evening by plane, I prefer to stay in the MCO area. I don't like driving at night. This option works with ALL of the transportation options for the morning because I can pick up the rental car when I get to MCO or the next morning. I can use the hotel's complimentary shuttle to get to and from MCO if desired, and I can have a car service pick me up at the hotel.

The port area is more expensive, but if I'm driving, there's no need to get near MCO...thus port area works for that.

SO...if we know where you want to stay geographically, we can suggest favorites in the various locations.

We've stayed at the Hyatt and it was wonderful. If we can't get a hotwire rate next time we were thinking the Residence Inn at the airport b/c we have 5. Has anyone stayed there? It gets good review on trip advisor and includes breakfast so I thought it might be a good airport alternative.

We usually stay at WDW before our cruises but since we are out of points... we are staying at Ramada Celebrations in Kissimmee. I did Priceline and got it for less than $50 for one night. Since we don't arrive in Orlando until almost 6pm, it didn't make sense to spend big bucks for a hotel such as a value at WDW. Oh, we are doing a one way car rental also, so no issues with transport.

We are close enough to WDW to do Chef Mickeys for bfast before heading to the port area.

It just depends on what you want- beach, land, close to WDW. etc.

We don't want to stay at WDW because we are doing that for four nights after the cruise. We just want an easy and stress free night at a place that has a nice pool and possibly breakfast included (but that is not a must). It's just DH, our 2 year old and myself. It would be the Saturday night of thanksgiving weekend, 2010.

We are looking to stay in the PC area the night before our cruise in April 2011. We are also doing WDW after cruise. Flying in on a Saturday afternoon. Would love to hear comments on PC area hotels...

If that is all you are looking for then the Radisson at the port is great. I think it was 115 for us. This included free parking for the length of the cruise, a very good breakfast, A GREAT Pool area, and a free shuttle to and from the ship!

I would love to hear people's recommendations for a hotel to stay at the night before the cruise and why you pick that particular hotel - thanks!

We are cruising in April 2010.... We booked 2 rooms at the Radisson at the port. You could get the cruise package for $139 it includes breakfast for 2 and you are guaranteed to get 2 dbl beds. The hotel is just beautiful! The pool has a water fall too! It got great reviews on Trip Advisor. You could also opt for the $116 room rate.... you don't get the guarantee of getting 2 dbl beds, (might get 1 king) but that could work for you, your hubby and 2 yr old. Then the hot breakfast buffet is only $8.95 each for you and your hubby, free for your 2 yr old. You also get a FREE shuttle to the ship. This is THE CLOSEST hotel to the ship. They get you there in 10 min. flat.... heard this from more than one person on these boards. Take a look at the pics on the site. There is also a few other places to eat very near by. McDonalds across the stree (could also do breakfast there.) Also a Italian/pizza place named (Kelsey's) next door, and Zachary's family rest. too.

http://www.radisson.com/hotels/flcocoa?s_cid=se.ggl.RAD_kw021642

Hope this helps! Let us know!

thanks! now if I stay at the port, how do I get there from MCO?

Here is just a question? Why is it so important to stay close to the port if the ship doesnt leave until 5pm? I mean if check out is at noon, and 10 minutes to get there, doesnt that leave alot of down time?

We are doing the 4 night Dec 5th, 2010 and am gathering all the info I can right now! Thanks

The ship may not leave until 5, but there is plenty to do onboard that first day. Start with lunch, run around and do any ressies you want, and then just explore the ship....that could take a week in itself!! You can get into your room around 1:30, and you have to be there for the evacuation drill...I believe that is 4pm.

Getting to the port a bit early and sitting in the terminal is part of the fun to me...I love to see all the kids so excited...and the adults too, of course! :banana:

We are cruising in April 2010.... We booked 2 rooms at the Radisson at the port. You could get the cruise package for $139 it includes breakfast for 2 and you are guaranteed to get 2 dbl beds. The hotel is just beautiful! The pool has a water fall too! It got great reviews on Trip Advisor. You could also opt for the $116 room rate.... you don't get the guarantee of getting 2 dbl beds, (might get 1 king) but that could work for you, your hubby and 2 yr old. Then the hot breakfast buffet is only $8.95 each for you and your hubby, free for your 2 yr old. You also get a FREE shuttle to the ship. This is THE CLOSEST hotel to the ship. They get you there in 10 min. flat.... heard this from more than one person on these boards. Take a look at the pics on the site. There is also a few other places to eat very near by. McDonalds across the stree (could also do breakfast there.) Also a Italian/pizza place named (Kelsey's) next door, and Zachary's family rest. too.

http://www.radisson.com/hotels/flcocoa?s_cid=se.ggl.RAD_kw021642

Hope this helps! Let us know!

Actually the closest hotel to the port is the Country Inn & Suites. The Residence Inn is right next door and the Radisson a little ways down. We always stay at the Residence Inn and love it, especially the location, you also get free breakfast every morning and very large rooms.

We have stayed at the Fairfield Inn near the airport several times. They have free shuttle to/from airport. There are several eateries within easy walking distance (two are just across the parking lot) and pricing was reasonable. Some of the times we stayed using points and some we paid ($70-99) range I think.

Last couple of cruises and upcoming cruise we have/are staying the Hyatt at the airport. We always fly in the day before but usually arrive early evening. It's great to not have to wait for a shuttle but just check in and go upstairs to crash for the evening. Having our luggage picked up in the room and deliver to our cabin on board is really great!

This coming cruise I booked the rooms through DCL as part of package so it was included in the total cruise cost. I chose to do this as elderly parents are coming with us. They will be wiped out just from the flight so this will be much easier for them. DH and I figure we can go down get something for a light dinner and bring back to the room.

And it's great to just walk downstairs the next morning and get on the bus for the port.

We always stay at the Holiday Inn wherever we travel. Almost always we travel with my parents and my Dad has some type of corporate account. With that said we stayed at the Holiday Inn by the Port last time and that is where we will be staying this time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter