• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Preference for FE gift-don’t read if you are on the October 19 Panama Canal cruise

mom4mad

Mouseketeer
would you prefer a larger laundry bag that has a drawstring but no handle, or a medium sized bag with a handle?

Last edited:
Never mind. Initial message deleted.

Last edited:
I like a larger bag with drawstring. I don't do laundry while on the ship, but I put all our dirty clothes in a large laundry bag with a drawstring, it keeps all the clothes in the bag and they don't fall out into the suite case. If I did do laundry on the ship, then I can see the one with the handles being better for carrying it.

Larger drawstring sounds more useful ON the ship, but the medium size with handles OFF the ship. I could go either way. I think it depends on whether you are hoping this will be used during the cruise, or routinely used at home?

I like the handle.

What a cute gift idea. I would love it if I was in your FE group!

I think either would be a nice and unique FE and don’t think you could go wrong either way. However, I think my vote would go towards larger with drawstring

Larger drawstring sounds more useful ON the ship, but the medium size with handles OFF the ship. I could go either way. I think it depends on whether you are hoping this will be used during the cruise, or routinely used at home?
My thought was to use it on the cruise as it is 14 nights long. Would be adding a couple of tide pods, dryer sheets, stain remover.

My thought was to use it on the cruise as it is 14 nights long. Would be adding a couple of tide pods, dryer sheets, stain remover.
I would definitely appreciate this gift! I would personally prefer the drawstring one, b/c it's all kind of tidily contained within the bag, nothing falling out or dirty undies visible to everyone while you're walking to/from the laundry room. I say this b/c I had to wander the Wonder trying to find a machine that would be free soon in June, and the system that shows you which are free or about to be free wasn't all that accurate. I went to 3 different laundry rooms! Anyway, another plus is that it can fit more. And also I wouldn't have to worry about jamming it under the bed or anything. But I'm envisioning the one with handles being a standing type, which may not be accurate. No matter which you pick, it's a great idea, IMO.

Not to be a debbie downer, but tide pods are very very dangerous for families with small children as kids think they are candy and biting one causes serious injury or death. Tide has had to change the packaging of tide pods to make it child proof, but if you take it out of the original packaging and put it in a zip loc, a child could access it. As a parent, I often let my kids explore our fish extender themselves since part of the fun for them is finding what is in there. Just wanted to make sure you are aware of the risk. You can buy individual packets of tide powder detergent instead, and if you have small children in your FE group, I would highly recommend doing so.

Not to be a debbie downer, but tide pods are very very dangerous for families with small children as kids think they are candy and biting one causes serious injury or death. Tide has had to change the packaging of tide pods to make it child proof, but if you take it out of the original packaging and put it in a zip loc, a child could access it. As a parent, I often let my kids explore our fish extender themselves since part of the fun for them is finding what is in there. Just wanted to make sure you are aware of the risk. You can buy individual packets of tide powder detergent instead, and if you have small children in your FE group, I would highly recommend doing so.
Fair point. If you do give the Tide pods, then print off a logo and instructions, including the warning to put around each one. If you have access to a heat sealer, you could seal the bag with that, to ensure it's not easy to get to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter