Predictions on if Annual Pass sales coming up for DVC Members

rgcook

Earning My Ears
Is it around this time that DVC announces some sort of sale/incentive to purchase Annual Passes? Does anyone know of anything coming up?

Prediction: no.

Last year was a very unusual deal. With TSL, and Galaxy's Edge upcoming, Disney don't need to boost sales.

There MIGHT be a small discount on some tickets but probably not. I heard on a different thread incentives aren’t usually released until December (?).

They had "platinum plus for the price of gold" and the 7 days for the price of 5 ticket last fall. The AP upgrade was offered specifically to urge water park attendance (typhoon lagoon and blizzard Beach) when volcano bay opened. The deals also were likely to boost attendance PRIOR to the new lands opening as they could see numbers lagging a bit with people holding off for the new experiences.

I agree that it's very, very unlikely there will be something comparable with galaxys edge on the horizon (no pun intended).

Prediction: no.

Last year was a very unusual deal. With TSL, and Galaxy's Edge upcoming, Disney don't need to boost sales.
I really hope you are wrong, but I doubt it. Ii would love to see another platinum plus for the price of gold sale this year. But with TSl just opened and SWGE opening next year, i doubt it will happen.

I really hope you are wrong, but I doubt it. Ii would love to see another platinum plus for the price of gold sale this year. But with TSl just opened and SWGE opening next year, i doubt it will happen.

The promos are usually designed for a specific purpose (to fill a gap). That deal was announced just as Volcano Bay opened... "Why pay extra for another water park when you can now go to ours for free? "

It worked out pretty well for me since we're doing epcot for NYE this year, but the water park competition is obviously the reason it was offered.

DVC has to "pay" something to parks & resorts for these member ticket incentives. So technically they can happen any time DVC wants to make a splash with members. But the amount they are asked to pay is certainly higher when park attendance is otherwise strong.

I did the Platinum thing last year - but did not use one extra benefit. We NEVER go during peak times. If it is a "blackout" time I don't want to be there. If I wanted to go to the waterparks I have several old non-expiring tickets that I could use.

I think the DVC ability to buy a Gold Pass (like Florida residents) is huge. That's enough for me.

Last year, the email about the Annual Pass deal came on July 7th last year (I still have the email).

I did the Platinum thing last year - but did not use one extra benefit. We NEVER go during peak times. If it is a "blackout" time I don't want to be there. If I wanted to go to the waterparks I have several old non-expiring tickets that I could use.

I think the DVC ability to buy a Gold Pass (like Florida residents) is huge. That's enough for me.
Same for us.

We enjoy the wave pool and lazy river, and have enjoyed our Platinum passes! NYE is sort of a must do for us!

Bobbi

Another driver could be if direct sales are slow and they want to by able to hype the perks. But currently that would not seem to be a need.

Another driver could be if direct sales are slow and they want to by able to hype the perks. But currently that would not seem to be a need.

Agreed. Right now, they are tracking to sell through CCV right around a good time to start selling Riviera. Even a little slow down might not be bad.

I think they gave given up on Aulani pushing.

We didn't use them last year (although we toyed with the idea of the waterparks). Our next set will cover 9 days over Easter break, though. And maybe we'll find some time to go to a water park too.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 13 month AP promo! We're going in December. Worse comes to worse, we'll buy a 10-day PH and upgrade it to a Gold AP once we're out of the black out dates.

...my poor memory is not as good as it used to be :faint:

No, I was correct! Our receipts show us getting the 13 mo AP on Oct 12, 2016, so Fall 2016.

Was it offered last Fall?? I thought the promotion expired Jan 2017. I know when we renewed last year, ours reverted back to 12 mo.

No, I was correct! Our receipts show us getting the 13 mo AP on Oct 12, 2016, so Fall 2016.

Was it offered last Fall?? I thought the promotion expired Jan 2017. I know when we renewed last year, ours reverted back to 12 mo.
IIRC, the promo for new AP’s ran from October through December 2016 (or maybe January 3rd?) and then the promo was extended for renewals through September 2017. The idea was that everyone should be able to get it once. We bought our first APs on 9/24 before the promo started, so we got the 13 months when we renewed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter