Pre-Visit Nightmares? (Thanks to Dis!)

BuzzBelleMom

DIS Veteran
I know someone posted on this a while back, but after spending hours on the Dis over the weekend, I had the worst nightmare about our upcoming trip.

They had coloring tables outside of MK, where you could wait until there was enough space to be let into the park. You had to then go through a weird, winding corridor where a woman in a red vest asked if you had reservations. The regular PP card now cost a dollar, and you had to pick that and PP+ up at MSB which had been combined with the photo kiosk.

We got on a large Avatar-like ride that you could walk around on and look down at the scenery, but it might have been near BOG.

My aunt appeared and did not like the ADR's I had made, nor the hotel I had chosen.

DH was being loosey-goosey with whether or not he wanted the Buzz Lightyear PP+ photo - he always agonizes whether or not the one he bought is the best. In the nightmare, he did not want them at all.

So, what else was my nightmare missing?:crazy2:

The scientist guy from phineus and pherb having his goons hold you down while he injects poison into your legs that makes them burst into flames from the inside out.

But that's just me, nightmares are a personal experience.

I thought I was the only one who had pre-trip nightmares..:lmao: Mine usually consist of everything going wrong at the resort, us getting sick, and we never make it to the parks :confused3

Nope I have the we will miss the flight.
Weather so bad they close the parks.
Hotel not good and DH blaming me.
And lots more its totally natural given all the preparation we put in.
I try my best to stay off the boards just before we go so I don't see all those negative ones about bad CMs etc. that way I don't have as many apart from missing the flight

I have nightmares about getting lost in the parks, but I usually get them after I get home.

I had a nightmare that me and DBF didn't pack anything. We arrived at our hotel with nothing and then realized it :( Didn't bring any tickets, money, nothing:scared1:

I always dream that we're there and I can't find the hotel room, just endless corridors, or that I find myself far away from the hotel and have to walk and I can't remember where it is. I also dream that all I want to do is ride Space Mountain but I either can't find it, or when I get there it's a completely different ride. A couple of times I dreamed that I'd just gotten back from WDW and we didn't have a good time or didn't get to see anything.

Funny, I *never* dream about any other vacation I take. :rolleyes2

I'm not going for over nine months and I've already dreamt we got there without luggage or food. (We drive.)
Then suddenly we've "been" there but it's time to come home and we hadn't done anything.

I always have pre-trip nightmares for months leading up to it! All sorts of things go wrong. I've started taking this as a sign that I get too stressed out about vacations before-hand. I have them before almost any trip, but they are much more frequent and disturbing leading up to a Disney trip.

One of the common themes is the resort not being at all what it was supposed to be - often it turns out to be this really old, creepy building with cobwebs everywhere and we end up getting lost in strange, dark corridors trying to get to our room. :confused3

I also dream that we fall into some sort of coma-like sleep while we are there, and wake up realizing we have slept through several days of our vacation.

And of course there are the dreams where uninvited relatives start showing up and ruin all our fun :eek:

Fortunately (knock on wood...) none of them have ever come anywhere close to coming true.

Well, a nightmare or dream could be a future prediction, but more than most of the time, they only exist in your head and nothing bad will happen. I've never had any nightmares about going, but the last time we went, it actually rained pretty hard and it sucked because all the characters had to disappear... :( But if I was to have a Disney nightmare, it would most likely be about Mowgli's Palace... >_< You see, I kinda like horror, so I'm a little bit into internet creepypastas, so I found out about Mowgli's Palace... It's this deserted Disney attraction somewhere in like Korea or something and... Well... I shouldn't repeat all the ugly, grizzly details on these forums. But if you look it up, it is SCARY.

One of the common themes is the resort not being at all what it was supposed to be - often it turns out to be this really old, creepy building with cobwebs everywhere and we end up getting lost in strange, dark corridors trying to get to our room.

Are you sure you haven't booked at the Hollywood Tower Hotel? I heard the place looks it hasn't been cleaned for half a century! The elevators are pretty flaky too according to reviews here. Still, everyone seems to love it!

Matt

My Disney nightmares normally consist of me forgetting my camera charger or the battery but since i got my dSLR its grown into me forgetting to pack my lenses and just taking the camera body. its a reoccuring nightmare which i hope never comes true.

I dreamt we'd be on our cruise 2 days and had done nothing but relaxed and were not getting anything for the cost if the cruise. "We could have relaxed at home!" I yelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter