Pre-tripping / pre-paring for 1st ever disney cruise

An update on the planning:

Since we are all coming from all corners of the US, we have decided to all stay at the Port Orleans the day before the cruise, and meet up for dinner at a restaurant "yet to be determined"

We are no longer taking Dinsey Transportation to the Port & back but have booked to Limos, a guy & girl limo. SO EXCITED!!!!!

We have also decided that during the excursion days, the boys really wanted to golf in st. Croix & St. Thomas, so us girls, are trying to debate whether to do beach excursions with the kids or some touring!!!

SEA DAYS those are directly for the kids to plan, except for little Jerzie, which we are still debating when the best time for her to have play time at Flounders.

We have also decided that we will not book PALO or SPA TREATMENTS :scared1::scared1: This could change those, but we do not want to force the kids into the clubs if they do not want to be there.

I will try in the next few days to have my friends log on and talk about some of what they are planning. Even those, most of it has been group planning, gives me an excuse to talk to my girls :cutie:

Oh this trip is just getting more and more wonderful! You will all have a blast.

The nice thing about staying at Port Orleans (Riverside or French Quarter) the night before the cruise, is that it's a lovely boatride to downtown Disney for some wonderful dining options (and a bit of shopping). I'm sure you are probably already checking out the DTD dining options, along with dining at the other resorts (DTD will be much easier and quicker to get to than going resort to resort).

ANT:

Looking at a 2011 President's Week Cruise....many moons from now.

My info is a bunch of bookmarks and copy and paste jobs....a mess but there is time to get in shape, I hope...need to put on CD I guess in case of comp failure

Tell the guys that the golfing is pretty on St Croix....you will find green grass surrounded by DEAD grass since the course is on E end of island and that is the arid end of island....

you can go to the Cultured Pelican for food/drinks and visit a friend of ours who owns the joint...he is MOST gracious and the place is VERY NICE!

If you are interested in doing this, PM me and I will put him on notice......:banana:

I'm going to do my best to keep this as short as possible:

My DH had to make a quick trip back to Cdn. for 3 days, so I used the time wisely!!! I decided to shop . . . but not just shop for anything. . . I shopped for our semi-formal / formal evenings. I found some really cute outfits for the kids and tuxs for the boys on formal night.

Here are some pics: (Ususally I would not make my kids wear matching outfits, but they really were to cute to pass up).

Girls Semi-Formal Night
140051251AGirlsDress.jpg

Boys Semi-Formal Night
ABoysOutfit.jpg

Girls Formal Night
AGrilsDresses.jpg

Boys Formal Night
Aboystux.jpg

Now, I have to find something just as cute fo me to wear, which means more shopping :rolleyes1 :banana: :rolleyes1

My friend Kristyn and her DH stayed down in Chicago with me. We decided it would be a good time to book their flight. Kristyn's Goal beat us to Orlando, and guess what she did by 15 mins. :eek: We have officially decided to meet at the airport, and start the adventure from MCO. PRAY FOR NO SNOWSTORMS!!!!

The adult boys in our group have decided to spend the Port days (st. Croix & St. Thomas) golfing. We therefore, had to find a way to get their golf clubs down to Florida, because heaven forbid if they had to use rental, it might screw up their game. :scared1: Anyways, Mel and her family live in Florida and will be driving to Orlando on the 4th of December, and graciously on her return home from the season has offered to take the boys golf clubs. The Pros & Cons to this: Mel returned home last week so her kids could start school, and she took the golf clubs with her. . . which means golfing season is officialy over in our household until our cruise (It is not like we have a long golf season in Minnesota, but I think this still calls for a dance) :yay::banana::cool1::woohoo::cheer2:

Last but not least, I found this cool calculator on the internet that will calculate when your Reservations can be made on. Our is September 21, 2009 for all our excursions, nursery, etc.

Here is the link: http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php

Don't forget us.....maybe there'll be more time to post after Labor Day?
Kids back to skule and all.........

There is not much to report right now, kind of taking a break from intensive cruise planning. I still have not read my Welcome Package, it is on my kitchen table that will grace us when we arrive home!!!! I think I will do the happy dance again.

The grandparents are also, graciously waiting the arrival for us to get home. I can't believe we have not seen them in almost three months, We drive by all the time, for a quick glance but no time to stop. They are planning us a welcome home party on the Wednesday after our return. This is when we will tell the kids we are going on Mickey's Ship.

The grandparents our creating these gift baskets filled with all things Disney, and essentials they will need on the cruise. At the bottom of the basket we are leaving them a note, that reads "We are going on Mickey's Boat on Dec. 5" and a picture of the Magic. The boys should be able to read it.

We also bought a 100 day countdown calendar, so we will start the calendar on that day also.

Other then that, we are just gearing up to go home. The boys will start school on September 15th, they are being home schooled right now, with a lovely tutor from the area. The girls will also start Nursery School on September 17th, that is going to be a hard day for me.

Well it has been a while,

WE ARE OFFICIALLY HOME! :cool1::woohoo::yay::cheer2:

It has been a crazy week, the boys started their classes at school on Wednesday, and the girls started Nursery school on Thursday (My babies are getting so big)!!!

We got home on Tuesday, just as my mom and dad were pulling in to the drive way to check if we made it home yet. It was to see them after 4 long months. There were hugs all around and we made our way into the house. The boys led the herd and waiting for us in the living room was 4 gigantic (I mean GIGANTIC) gift baskets, and a enevlope addressed to me.

Now, I have very poliet kids, they are very responsible and always ask before approaching new situations, they asked what they are for??? I told them, I don't know maybe it is for the neighbors, should we go drop it off. Ryder finally said, but it has our name on it. Well, then it must be for you. Dad, said go read the card. The boys sheepishly opened the car. The cards read "You are going on a MAGICal adventure... but first you have to call Grandma #1 & #2. Good thing, one set of grandparents was already there. Nolan phoned the other set of Grandparents, to say there is a big package and you have to come. Grandpa on the other line said it is not Christmas, Birthday, who would leave you a package. Nolan answer I don't know. Jeff's parents were there in about 5 minutes later, thank you because I don't think they could of waited any longer. Inside, the gift baskets was everything disney, they each got a disney movie, sand toys, activity books (disney theme of course), but at the bottom of the baskets of each was a photo copy of the postcard you get from Mickey when you confirm your trip). Emmie brought hers over to DH to read and they all went estatic. I went to bring out the countdown calendar I made for the wall, and explained what was happening , who was coming, when we were going.

IT WAS AN AMAZING TREASURED MOMENT... NOW THE REAL PLANNING BEGINS.

We are also going on the Magic on 12/5! I am extremely excited, but we have not told our kids yet, so I can't talk about it much.

I am so jealous that you found friends to go with you - we want to have friends join us, but for various reasons, have not found anyone to go with us yet.

I too have been planning FOREVER (since March). I love the PassPorter books.

We are actually arriving Dec. 1 and staying at the Contemporary's Bay Lake Tower. We have cruised before (all except DD4), but have been hoping to experience a Disney Cruise for years.

I look forward to reading more of your TR. I am now trying to decide what excursions to book on Monday. I am leaning towards booking a St. Thomas/St. John excursion on our own instead of through Disney. Have you considered that option?

Hmmm, maybe I'll create a TR too!

Keep it coming, I'm really enjoying your writing.

I FEEL LIKE I AM ON A CRAZY WAITING GAME WITH THE TRIP. I JUST WANT TO GET TO ORLANDO.

NEXT UP: CRUISE INTINERY!!!

I totally understand doing the pre-trippie even if your trip is in DEcember...
Im ready to do a pre-trip report for August 2010 for my first ever Disney cruise! :rotfl:

Enjoying your pre-trippie;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter