• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pre trip report.. with pictures :)

I can hardly wait to hear more about your trip.

We got off to a late start but we made it to the airport with time to spare. DD and I took some pictures while we were waiting for the plane. I have not uploaded any from her camera yet so i will probably add those later :)

SL382314-1.gif

Once we arrived we got our rental car.. which I let DD pick out because she was being such a good girl. Amazing what a nap on a plane will do hehe.

She picked the lower end of what we could've rented but it was sparkly like pixie dust. It was a silver car that had just been washed lol.

Within minutes she was asleep again.

SL382318.jpg

This was nice since there was a lot of traffic. Basically stop and go for awhile.

I apparently don't have all my pictures uploaded because I am missing part of the next set.. UGH I'll edit this post tomorrow. :confused3

Well anyways we got to HOJO and the princess had presents on her bed. I don't know how that happened ;)

After she explored her goodies we took the long (HA) walk to Disneyland.

SL382319.jpg

SL382324.jpg

SL382325.jpg

We rode Snow White first.

SL382326.jpg

SL382327.jpg

Then DD wanted to go on Pirates.. which had NO LINE.. so we rode it three times in a row without getting off!!!

After that we headed over to the haunted mansion and DD got to go on that for the first time. I was so excited to see her reaction to all of it.

Then we headed to Downtown Disney for dinner. We ended up at the Jazz Kitchen. DD has been talking about beingets since Princess and the Frog came out so we had to get those as well. We each had one and headed back to the hotel.

Headed to bed now.. will edit and add more tomorrow. :wizard:

How wonderful!! I will never understand how Pirates is so slow. I love that ride.

Looks & sounds like a fantastic 1st evening in the park! Great car seat your DD has *I'm a bit of a car seat geek :upsidedow

Looks & sounds like a fantastic 1st evening in the park! Great car seat your DD has *I'm a bit of a car seat geek :upsidedow

It was thanks :) Yes, although I did find out her carseat weighs like 25 lbs!! She will be in it till she is six and sixty lbs so its a really nice one. Although it looks like I need to raise the back a little bit. My friends always get annoyed that I insist on taking my own car because I hate to move it. Now I can tell them how much it weighs and maybe they will get it! LOL

Ok so lets back track a little bit.. There were a few pictures to post that didn't get posted before the last update.

It was arranged to have HOJO have a gift made, for both my daughter and my nieces. Here is what HOJO did for them..

IMG_7668.jpg

IMG_7669.jpg

From what I understand it was pretty decently priced and when my DD walked into the room and her face lit up.. It was just so rewarding to see her excitement.

My SIL had gone to the character wearhouse to get surprise gifts but she was not impressed with what they had. So we skipped that.

Today was our big family day..

We started off at Goofy's Kitchen. The characters all came to our table. Not as much interaction as last time I thought but the children were all pleased. The food was amazing as usual and all of my family was really impressed.

Here are some pictures from GK.

IMG_7680.jpg

IMG_7686.jpg

IMG_7700.jpg

IMG_7713.jpg

Now you will hear several times on Day two about my nieces..
Almost 7 and 2 1/2 my DD is 5 so they are all like super close..
Here they are...

IMG_7724-1.jpg

My nieces are on the top and bottom and my DD is in the middle.

Also at GK joining us are my brother, and his girlfriend (parents to my nieces[duh :) lol ] ) My father and his wife. My aunt and uncle and there two kids. Twins, 18 months.

IMG_7702.jpg

IMG_7690.jpg

IMG_7727.jpg

The rain began to pick up at this point.. now me thinking DD would be fine with a poncho (as I didn't think it would be too bad) realized I was wrong. My brother had to go back to the hotel for something he forgot so I had him go into our room (BROVO to HOJO for our ajoining rooms) and get the rain jackets I had packed. He took a cab and then took the shuttle back (funny story on this later). He was back at the ticketing counter just as we were getting there. The people who didn't have tickets got them then and away we went.

I had made arangements to meet my cousin and her family at the castle so that was the first stop. We chated for a while and then I suggested we get a picture done of all of us since the PP person was right there.

IMG_7743.jpg

and my aunt and her family..

IMG_7744.jpg

My cousin's kids had never been to DL either so it was a first for them and my nieces.. I asked them what they wanted to ride first. My cousins son is scared of FL dark rides but really wanted to go on pirates.. My niece wanted to go on Haunted. So I said how about Pirates and then Haunted.. and away we went. My Aunt and her family headed to Toon Town as her kids were needing to run around.

On our way there we walked past BTMR.. which dd LOVES...

IMG_7747.jpg

IMG_7761-1.jpg

Once we saw the water were could hear Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen (sp) doing some Mardi Gras stuff. Which of coarse we stopped and watched...

IMG_7755.jpg

IMG_7754.jpg

IMG_7758.jpg

IMG_7765.jpg

IMG_7756.jpg

IMG_7764.jpg

IMG_7768.jpg

IMG_7763.jpg

IMG_7752.jpg

IMG_7750.jpg

IMG_7773-1.jpg

Next up... The FIRST ride, and for some.. the last, The baby center, 3 trips to the Jack store and more!!!

Please hurry back. You have a lovely family and I am really enjoying your trip report. :goodvibes

Ok so last we left it we were headed to pirates. Keep in mind this was the ride chosen to be 5 peoples first disneyland EVER ride. Which I think is cool because I love this ride. I'm not sure how it happened but some of us were in one line and some of us were in another so we got seperated from my cousin a little bit.

My brother stayed back with my youngest niece as he knew she would not like it. She was also sick so had to go the baby center every 4 hours for breathing treatments.. more on that later.

This would be my SIL and oldest niece on the ride.

IMG_7799.jpg

After the first drop that smile was GONE! It scared the crud out of her. She soon eased up but was a little antsy about this ride now. and was ANTI riding anything with a drop. She is a very timid kid though so I kinda figured this.. Maybe next time.

So after we got off we waited for my cousin. We figured she wouldve already been off but we didn't see her. We went into the Jack store as my SIL and brother are big fans. Then we headed to Haunted Mansion.. we thought maybe my cousin had gone to meet us there. But she wasn't.

Since there was NO LINE for HM away we went...

IMG_7802.jpg

IMG_7824.jpg

I checked my phone when I got off and my cousin had sent me a message..
her son FREAKED out on Pirates and refused to do ANY other rides. They spent the rest of the day in Toon Town playing and rideing the train around the park. I felt soo bad for them.

By this time my niece was done with her breathing treatment and we decided on IASW. This was my late gmas favorite ride, and my moms. The only thing she asked for was a picture of her gkids on this. At this point my brother was informed of the Jack store and he and my father went to go there and said they would "meet" us at IASW.

In line...

IMG_7830.jpg

IMG_7832.jpg

IMG_7835.jpg

IMG_7837.jpg

As we are about to get on the ride my youngest niece gets scared..
I think this is just the funniest picture.

IMG_7836.jpg

IMG_7843.jpg

IMG_7846.jpg

IMG_7848.jpg

IMG_7860-1.jpg

So for my oldest niece and SIL this was there third ride, and for my youngest niece it was her first!

IMG_7862.jpg

Once we are out we look up to see my father and brother.. way to dodge the ride boys!

IMG_7866.jpg

My brother was worried the weather was going to go worse so he wanted to go to Toon town so my niece could play and get to do stuff..

IMG_7871.jpg

back to ...

DSCN1826.jpg

My DD and I split up at this point as she was REALLY wanting to go on a roller coaster. We went to GGC while everyone else played in TT.

P2250008.jpg

P2250004.jpg

P2250006.jpg

P2250012.jpg

P2250005.jpg

P2250003.jpg

P2250016.jpg

P2250017.jpg

DSCN1801.jpg

DSCN1809.jpg

DSCN1812.jpg

DSCN1807.jpg

DSCN1821.jpg

DSCN1816.jpg

Since the weather was still decent we headed back to FL.

Keep in mind at this point my brother had not been on ANY rides. And DD and I had been on only four!

So my brothers first ride.. Story book! We decided to gear what we could do towards my nieces since DD and I had been before and DD may be going back in July, plus we still had two more days she and I were going (or so I thought) DD enjoyed them but she is a coaster fan FOR SURE!

P2250025.jpg

P2250026.jpg

P2250035.jpg

P2250029.jpg

P2250040.jpg

P2250044.jpg

My father had to leave at this point to get to a wedding rehearsal dinner.

P2250050.jpg

Then took a bathroom break and pictures lol

P2250063.jpg

P2250065.jpg

P2250067.jpg

So very cute. I think the little one crying about Small World really cracked me up. I am sure once she was in there she was okay with it.

Can you post a few more details about the hojos gifts? Did you call in advance and set it up? Was it added to your bill or a seperate charge all together?

Looks like your entire group had a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter