Pre-trip report:Title: Your Paying? Then I'm going.

SamanthaL

<font color=purple>I got the cute kids AND <font c
Let me start off by saying I have never done this before so be patient. I decided to start off the report by doing a pre-trip report BEFORE we go. We leave Nov.3 and will be at the BCV in a 2 bed-room villa until Nov.9. O.K. here it goes:
CAST:
Nana: 85 in this trip (not always patient, but very attentive to DD and always good to me)
Sophia:3 (My DD's 2nd trip)
John: 37 ( a great DH and DF)
Samantha 31 (mom to Sophia, wife to John, granddaughter to Nana)

Let me start by letting you in on how this trip got started. 8 of us took a trip in Dec. for 10 days and stayed at the OKW. Nana was invited. Did she go? NOOO. She just didn't want to.
When we got back she was upset she didn't go and wanted to see Sophia enjoy the rides. Nana," When will you be going again"? Me," Not for a few years. We are buying a house and having a second baby. I just don't have the money".
Here is where I get the look of disgust that Nana does well. Nana," What if I pay for it"? Me, " It is very expensive, especially if you want your own room". ( She always wants her own room.) Nana's repeats the look of disgust. Nana," What do you think I saved my money for"? Me," So your paying for the whole thing"!? Nana," Yes, so just book it".

Next step: She picks the Poly, 2 standard rooms. No maybe the Poly 2 conciege rooms. No the BWI 2 standard rooms. No a 2 bedroom villa at the BCV. I rent points from my new friend Kristin. Hi, Kristin. That is settled.

We book our flight and pray every day that her anxiety meds work their magic on the plane.

Nana picks the restaurants. She reads the menus and for some reason the choices she makes do not follow any of the dietary rules she is supposed to follow. I hope I can convince her to eat at least ONE piece of baked chicken during that week.
I know we will have a good time. It will, however, be a bit of different trip. Let me just say, Cinderella will not be the only princess in attendance that week!

;)

Oh I am sooooooo looking forward to those trip reports. It'd be like taking my mother so I've got to see how it turns out. Sounds like she's having fun picking the resort & restaurants and I know she'll have a blast. But, you're right, it will be a different trip for you. Just enjoy your mother at WDW. I wish I could get my to go, but then again I don't....she can be sooo negative sometimes. Anyway, I'll be watching for your reports!

Hi jennymouse- Nana is my grandmother and Sophia's Great Grandmother. My Mom is easy as pie!:)
Thanks for the good thoughts. Negative is the perfect word to describe her sometimes. I love her dearly, but other people don't understand her so sometimes it's embarassing (sp?).
If anyone is in WDW that week and an elderly woman insults you, please forgive her. She tries REALLY hard.;)

I know that your nana may not want to do it....but try to encourage her to get a wheelchair....we did and it was the best thing we did.....we could use it as a chair or as a holder of all the pkgs....but most of all my mother in law could go to all the parks knowing that she won't be pooped out........I am anxious for your report too.....

pumba- We actually have already rented an ECV. That way we won't have a carriage and a wheelchair to push. Nana likes the thought of being more independant.
I hope to be expecting by the time we go so if I don't have to push anything it would be great. ( let's face it, there will be enough pushing soon enough right?).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter