Pre-Trip Planning: Danielle's 2008 WDW Christmas Adventure

Well - exactly 20 weeks from now - to the minute - we should be on the bus heading back to AKL from our first day at the MK ... and getting ready for a food feast at Boma! Boma! Boma! ... :cool1:

That means only 139 days to go!! :dance3:

And we all know what that means: only 139 days to go - and I'm not packed yet!! :scared1:

OK - the cat just hacked up all over the carpet ... :sad2: gotta run ...

Later ...

Well - exactly 20 weeks from now - to the minute - we should be on the bus heading back to AKL from our first day at the MK ... and getting ready for a food feast at Boma! Boma! Boma! ... :cool1:

That means only 139 days to go!! :dance3:

And we all know what that means: only 139 days to go - and I'm not packed yet!! :scared1:

OK - the cat just hacked up all over the carpet ... :sad2: gotta run ...

Later ...

So close but so far away.............:santa:

Well, in an effort at team-building, espirit de corps, spreading the blame around ... :)

I put together a "draft touring plan" for our (meaning all 9 of us ...) day at the MK on December 7, with a goal of trying to reach some consensus on what our "priorities" would be for the day ...

Well, the only consensi [?] reached were::grouphug:

(1) We're gonna hit the Main Street Bakery for breakfast/snacks ...

(2) I'm crazy ... :crazy:

(3) We're gonna do whatever the kids want to do (yeah - like they know what they want to do ...)

(4) I'm really crazy ... :jumping3:

(5) The main priority is lunch at Cindy's Castle (OK - we're covered there ...), and

(6) I'm, really, REALLY, REALLY Crazy!! :jumping1:

[So - what else is new ...?]

So - in response to my effort at getting everyone involved in the planning and psyched for the trip - I get picked on by my DW, SIL, and DW's cousin ... [revenge will be soooo sweet ....:lmao: they'll never see it coming ... :rotfl2: ... just when they think they're safe ...pirate: ]

OK - so here's what I put together for our day, in general order of priority, time and weather permitting, assuming there aren't tooo many potty breaks, figuring on at least one major line somewhere, and hoping to run into Mary Poppins!! at least three times ... :

Magic Kingdom - 7 Dec 2008

(1) Arrive at MK ~ 8:15: Opening Ceremony - 9 am (MVMCP - 7:00 pm)
(2) Main Street USA – get Events Guide and Birthday Buttons for Danielle and Jim
breakfast/snack at Main Street Bakery

Option #1: Main Street USA - watch “Dream Along with Mickey” show
Option #2: Fantasyland – “Ariel’s Grotto”
Option #3: Mickey’s Toon Town Fair - “Toon Town Hall of Fame”

(3) 12:20 pm Lunch at Cinderella’s Royal Table

(4) 3:00 pm Dreams Come True Parade

*Family Fun Day Parade (optional; times? - check Events Guide)

4:30 pm Leave MK
6:55 pm Dinner at Boma

Fantasyland

Option #1: *Ariel’s Grotto (opens 10:00 am? - check Events Guide - only if short line)
1- *Dumbo the Flying Elephant (if short line)
2- *Peter Pan’s Flight (if short line – otherwise get Fastpass)
3- It’s a Small World
4- Mickey’s Philharmagic (Fastpass?)
5- *Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (if short line – otherwise get Fastpass)
6- Cinderella’s Golden Carousel
7- *Pooh’s Playful Spot (optional)
8- Storytime with Belle (optional; times? - check Events Guide)

Mickey’s Toon Town (opens 10:00 am? - check Events Guide)

1- *Mickey’s Country House and Judge’s Tent (Mickey)
2- *Toontown Hall of Fame (Characters)
3- *Minnie’s Country House
4- *Donald’s Boat (optional)

Tomorrowland

1- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (if short line – otherwise get Fastpass)
2- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club
3- Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
4- Tomorrowland Transit Authority (optional)
5- *Carousel of Progress (optional)
6- *Astro Orbiter (optional)

The three options depends on how long it takes us to stuff our faces and to get back into Fantasyland and thus, how long the line is to "Ariel's Grotto" - and if the kids even want to see Ariel - or any other Characters in Mickey's Toon Town ... or if they just wanna ride "iasm" 6 times in a row ... :scared1: (THAT ain't gonna happen!!) ...

So - am I crazy? ... Or Really, REALLY Crazy?!?

Until next time ...

Well, in an effort at team-building, espirit de corps, spreading the blame around ... :)

I put together a "draft touring plan" for our (meaning all 9 of us ...) day at the MK on December 7, with a goal of trying to reach some consensus on what our "priorities" would be for the day ...

Well, the only consensi [?] reached were::grouphug:

(1) We're gonna hit the Main Street Bakery for breakfast/snacks ...

(2) I'm crazy ... :crazy:

(3) We're gonna do whatever the kids want to do (yeah - like they know what they want to do ...)

(4) I'm really crazy ... :jumping3:

(5) The main priority is lunch at Cindy's Castle (OK - we're covered there ...), and

(6) I'm, really, REALLY, REALLY Crazy!! :jumping1:

[So - what else is new ...?]

So - in response to my effort at getting everyone involved in the planning and psyched for the trip - I get picked on by my DW, SIL, and DW's cousin ... [revenge will be soooo sweet ....:lmao: they'll never see it coming ... :rotfl2: ... just when they think they're safe ...pirate: ]

OK - so here's what I put together for our day, in general order of priority, time and weather permitting, assuming there aren't tooo many potty breaks, figuring on at least one major line somewhere, and hoping to run into Mary Poppins!! at least three times ... :

Magic Kingdom - 7 Dec 2008

(1) Arrive at MK ~ 8:15: Opening Ceremony - 9 am (MVMCP - 7:00 pm)
(2) Main Street USA – get Events Guide and Birthday Buttons for Danielle and Jim
breakfast/snack at Main Street Bakery

Option #1: Main Street USA - watch “Dream Along with Mickey” show
Option #2: Fantasyland – “Ariel’s Grotto”
Option #3: Mickey’s Toon Town Fair - “Toon Town Hall of Fame”

(3) 12:20 pm Lunch at Cinderella’s Royal Table

(4) 3:00 pm Dreams Come True Parade

*Family Fun Day Parade (optional; times? - check Events Guide)

4:30 pm Leave MK
6:55 pm Dinner at Boma

Fantasyland

Option #1: *Ariel’s Grotto (opens 10:00 am? - check Events Guide - only if short line)
1- *Dumbo the Flying Elephant (if short line)
2- *Peter Pan’s Flight (if short line – otherwise get Fastpass)
3- It’s a Small World
4- Mickey’s Philharmagic (Fastpass?)
5- *Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (if short line – otherwise get Fastpass)
6- Cinderella’s Golden Carousel
7- *Pooh’s Playful Spot (optional)
8- Storytime with Belle (optional; times? - check Events Guide)

Mickey’s Toon Town (opens 10:00 am? - check Events Guide)

1- *Mickey’s Country House and Judge’s Tent (Mickey)
2- *Toontown Hall of Fame (Characters)
3- *Minnie’s Country House
4- *Donald’s Boat (optional)

Tomorrowland

1- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (if short line – otherwise get Fastpass)
2- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club
3- Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
4- Tomorrowland Transit Authority (optional)
5- *Carousel of Progress (optional)
6- *Astro Orbiter (optional)

The three options depends on how long it takes us to stuff our faces and to get back into Fantasyland and thus, how long the line is to "Ariel's Grotto" - and if the kids even want to see Ariel - or any other Characters in Mickey's Toon Town ... or if they just wanna ride "iasm" 6 times in a row ... :scared1: (THAT ain't gonna happen!!) ...

So - am I crazy? ... Or Really, REALLY Crazy?!?

Until next time ...

Ieeeeeeeeee LIKE it!!!! Gonna borrow it. I'll give it back when I am done. PROMISE!

Hi just found your report.

One of my goals for the December trip is to find matching t-shirts again

Disney shopping has some great T-shirts on sale for 4.99 right now. I love the matching shirt pictures, what a great dad!!

4 MONTHS TO GO!!! :yay:

ONLY - 4 MONTHS TO GO!! :woohoo:

And do ya know what that means??? :rolleyes1

Only 3 months until Danielle's 5th birthday!! :love:

... and less than 2 months until Vicki's birthday !! :cheer2:

... so it's a little over 1 month until MY birthday!! :eek:

... and only about 1 month until Danielle starts kindergarten!! :scared1:

:dance3:

[So I'd better get to work on my touring plans ... :3dglasses ]

I went to Home Depot yesterday to get some lime green Mickeys (and some mulch ...) - but they were all out!!

Any color even close to "alien green" was gone (and you can't tell me people actually paint their rooms those colors ... do they??? :scared1: )

Must be a lot if us DISers out there ... :thumbsup2

Nuthin' new to report ... waitin' to see if there is a good Disney VISA deal ...

Hi just found your report.

Disney shopping has some great T-shirts on sale for 4.99 right now. I love the matching shirt pictures, what a great dad!!

Haven't had the chance to check Disney shopping on-line, but ...

I stopped by may favorite store in da whole world - the Disney Outlet in Jackson, NJ (and it's a REAL outlet!!) - on my way home from work tonight ... and picked up matching "Goofy" T's for me and the DD for only $5 each!

Well - mine's red, and her's is green - but they have the same design - but that also means we'll be wearing Christmas colors!! :santa:

They also had matching Pooh shirts for the DD and DW - but I passed cuz I didn't like them that much. Unfortunately, they didn't have the matching Minnie T in the DW's size ... :headache:

But that's OK - cuz the DW informed me she doesn't want any more Disney shirts ... What is wrong with her?!?

Oh, yeah - I also picked up another Grumpy short for me ... maybe I should go back and get one for the DW, too ... ?? :laughing:

Haven't had the chance to check Disney shopping on-line, but ...

I stopped by may favorite store in da whole world - the Disney Outlet in Jackson, NJ (and it's a REAL outlet!!) - on my way home from work tonight ... and picked up matching "Goofy" T's for me and the DD for only $5 each!

Well - mine's red, and her's is green - but they have the same design - but that also means we'll be wearing Christmas colors!! :santa:

They also had matching Pooh shirts for the DD and DW - but I passed cuz I didn't like them that much. Unfortunately, they didn't have the matching Minnie T in the DW's size ... :headache:

But that's OK - cuz the DW informed me she doesn't want any more Disney shirts ... What is wrong with her?!?

Oh, yeah - I also picked up another Grumpy short for me ... maybe I should go back and get one for the DW, too ... ?? :laughing:

Makes me so sad, our closest disney store is over 2 hours away!:sad1:

Makes me so sad, our closest disney store is over 2 hours away!:sad1:

I can relate: My Disney Outlet - and the regular store in the nearby mall - were on the original "hit list" - and I was major-league bummed - cuz I needed my weekly "Dis-fix" at the outlet ... but all turned out well, as they both have been saved ...

Stopped by Home Depot this morning for more mulch - and picked up a handful of Lime-green Mickeys!! :banana: (I was nice and left some for others to play with ...)

We just dont have one, they are planning to build some new outlets close to here and I am praying that they put in a Disney!!

I went to Home Depot yesterday to get some lime green Mickeys (and some mulch ...) - but they were all out!!

Any color even close to "alien green" was gone (and you can't tell me people actually paint their rooms those colors ... do they??? :scared1: )

Must be a lot if us DISers out there ... :thumbsup2

Nuthin' new to report ... waitin' to see if there is a good Disney VISA deal ...

My Home Depot only had blue and yellow...hope they restock before Dec. ;)

Hey, I just saved $357.72 by applying the new discount code to my existing reservation. Every dollar helps!!! You should try to see if it'll work for you!:banana:

Hey, I just saved $357.72 by applying the new discount code to my existing reservation. Every dollar helps!!! You should try to see if it'll work for you!:banana:

:woohoo: for you!!

What code was that? - I haven't seen anything for Dec yet ...

Go to this link, book the package with the link (don't pay, just see if it's available), then call the Disney Travel Agent. I tried it online first, then called, b/c if they said it wasn't available I was going to tell him it was. I get it for the first 3 nights of my stay which really helped.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/offerDetail?id=FY09FallOfferPage

Thanks - but it doesn't look like that will work for us ... :sad2: we're staying at AKL from Dec 6-13 ... double whammy Deluxe and blackout dates ...:eek: And since we REALLY want to stay at AKL, I don't want to switch resorts ... but I will check with my AAA TA anyway ...

I've finally caught up with the DIS "December Code Watch" thread ... and then I went online to see what I could do ... and there were no rooms available for those dates at AKL ... :scared: (which I guess means - unless someone cancels - my brother's family won't be staying at AKL for a couple of nights ... I told them to book it months ago!! :headache: )

Also, based on what I've seen on the "Dec Code Watch" thread - it looks as if ALL of the WDW resorts are booked for our week in December ... So much for a "less crowded" time of year ... :confused:

But still - it has go to be better than the "Not So Great Adventure" day we spent today ... I'll give a full report when I have the energy (still recuperating 5 hours after leaving the park ...) but it boils down to this: minimum 90 minute wait for any of the rides the DW and I wanted to do (none of which are worth a 30 minute wait IMHO!! :laughing:) ... so we stuck to kiddie rides for the DD (5 minute waits ...), had a decent lunch, saw the tiger show (very cool - bought some ice cream and got VIP seats ...), and the DD and I stood under the "water tower" and got soaked !!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

"Great Adventure" opens at 10:30 - we got there about 11 ... and the DW and I were "toast" by 3 ... :upsidedow

Good morning!! (or afternoon ... or evening ... whatever is apropos to when you are reading this ...:) )

Hit the Disney Outlet yesterday after work and picked up a few things for our trip:

Matching Minnie t-shirts for the DW and DD - in hot pink!! :yay:

And - I got a Lightning McQueen backpack for me to carry stuff around ... :rolleyes1

Used the 15% off coupon the Disney Visa folks just sent, too ...

It has two large compartments - one I can use for the video camera and dry clothes - the second for the wet stuff after Danielle "dives" into one (or more ...) of those interactive play fountains ... :lmao:...

... and a bunch of other little compartments to hold snacks, sunscreen, etc.

And - it's Lightning McQueen!! (pretty cool, huh?!?):cool2:

They also had Buzz and Pirates - but the Lightning backpack was the coolest (plus - in the movie - he got the Porsche!!) :woohoo:

In the next couple of weeks I'm gonna take stock of the stuff I've bought so far and see what else we need ...

Later ... :wizard:

P.S. DD starts Kindergarten after Labor Day ... which means no more "Daddy and Danielle" Mondays ... :sad1: ...

100 Days To Go!!! :cool1: :banana: :dance3::yay: :cheer2:

:scared: Only 100 days to go!! ... (boy - did those 80 days since "ADR Day" fly ... )

I know - I wasn't gonna start counting days yet (and I'm not ...) ... but someone on the All Ears site posted that they had 102 days to go (2 days ago ...), so that got me thinkin' ...

The only other "days" countdown I have is at 90 days - when I have to book my seats, etc. with Spirit ... then I'll be back to "weeks" ...

So let's see - :teacher: ... fortunately, I got an "A" in calculus, so 90 days from December 6 is ...

divide by 7 ...

subtract ...

nuthin' into nuthin is .... nuthin (that's for you Browncoats out there ... :lmao: )

add ...

uh - about 10 days from now ... give or take a handful (or two) of hours, a bunch of minutes ... and a few seconds ... :rotfl:

I'm almost done with the Epcot-FW summary ... but we're going camping this weekend (and taking the pluto: with us ...) ... so I'll finish it next week ...

Have a great "Al Bundy Day" everyone ... !!! (for you "Married with Children" fans ...) :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter