Pre-Sailing Cruise Party

O2BONDCL

Earning My Ears
Hello! There are a couple of families going on the same cruise together, and we wanted to have a Pre-Sailing Party.

Has anyone done this, and if so, what have you done? We want it to be themed, so we do plan on having Disney shaped cookies/brownies. We will look over deck plans and excursions and such.

Any other ideas?

That sounds like a great idea! Fun Fun Fun. Perhaps you can have a friend dress up like a Disney character, like Snow White. Or, all the adults can get the same Disney themed tattoo.

Have fun planning the party and the cruise! :banana:

Mike

We always try to have a pre cruise party when we travel with a large group. I have made a BBQ but changed the names of the items to Pirate names like

Castaway Cay Chicken Parm
Buccaneer Burgers
Yo Ho Ho Hot Dogs
Walk the Plank Flank Steak
Pieces of Eight Pasta
Shiver Me Timbers Tomatoes
Gangplank Green Salad
Treasure Chest Chicken Wings
Captain Black Jack Bean Salad

I made these ship cookies and ordered a Bon Voyage cookie cake:

P9280086.jpg

P9280079.jpg

Some decorations

P9280082.jpg

We always try to have a pre cruise party when we travel with a large group. I have made a BBQ but changed the names of the items to Pirate names like

Castaway Cay Chicken Parm
Buccaneer Burgers
Yo Ho Ho Hot Dogs
Walk the Plank Flank Steak
Pieces of Eight Pasta
Shiver Me Timbers Tomatoes
Gangplank Green Salad
Treasure Chest Chicken Wings
Captain Black Jack Bean Salad

I made these ship cookies and ordered a Bon Voyage cookie cake:

P9280086.jpg

P9280079.jpg

Some decorations

P9280082.jpg

How wonderful!

This has given me some great ideas. I've never even thought of a pre-cruise party, but I will NOW! (I love parties.)party:

How wonderful!

This has given me some great ideas. I've never even thought of a pre-cruise party, but I will NOW! (I love parties.)party:

A party is always fun!!! I do it as we usually travel with a large groups of friends of ours who may not know each other (we are the common denominator)...it is a good way for everyone to meet and go over everyone's expectations for the cruise.

I have also ordered a Bon Voyage banner from Oriental Trading and got nautical flag streamers and other nautical decorations and paper goods.

And of course my Captain Mickey Big Fig

MJ

The cruise ship cookies are so cute! May I ask where you found the cookie cutter? Any decorating hints?
Thanks!

We are having a door crafting party :) getting together with themed foods and doing up door decorations!! Can't wait!!

This is the cutest thing ever. Hoping to do a 2015 cruise with our friends when all our kids will be a bit older. They would love this.

We are having a door crafting party :) getting together with themed foods and doing up door decorations!! Can't wait!!

Sounds like so much fun! One day I wish I could cruise with other DCL lovers like me and do a pre cruise party. No one in family gets it. That would be so much fun making magnets, fish extender gifts, etc. together. :lovestruc

Those ship cookies are adorable!

What a great idea and I love all the themed items.

We are traveling in less then one month and will not have time to do a pre-party. I think we will do a post-party and have everyone bring their pictures and videos and swap items and talk about our cruise.

Linda

The cruise ship cookies are so cute! May I ask where you found the cookie cutter? Any decorating hints?
Thanks!

I used Nigella Lawson's sugar cookie recipe and I just mixed confectioner's sugar, very little water for the glaze and just added food coloring. I think I used a food color pen for the dots (portholes).

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/cut-out-cookies-recipe/index.html

I got my ship cookie cutter a few years ago in a small shop in New England but I have seen them other places. I am sure you could find one online.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter