Pre-Rant: Event Winners!

Good Luck to everyone team's. I have seen such creative rides though so It's going to be hard for the judge's LOL

I have been on so many of the rides out there and let me just say WOW! I am humbled by all of you that have created these rooms. I am on a team myself but have no anticipation of winning. The choice is going to be a difficult one and I wish everyone luck. I am happy with my green chair and have never been so excited to be a member of such an amazing group of team mates. I had a blast, just like I did with Everest (oh yeah, did not win in that one either) and will do any competition out there if it means hanging out with a group of Disney nuts like me. :cool1:

ok heres the facts.. 200 teams signed up.. 18 teams get prizes.. obviously somebody's gonna be unhappy since they didn't win.. thats why they're giving a prize to everyone who signed up.. i really don't think we should be making assumptions on what "might happen" when the judging hasn't even ended yet.. and 6 months later from the everest event isn't really a good time to complain..

1. What does the movie themem have to do with everest? Hmm.. they used everest slide pieces! The whole point was to be creative, not to do the same everest idea.

18 out of 200 will win. If you joined a team for the win only, not very good odds and probably not the best thing to do. I did do the everest event. I worked hard and spent every single credit I have. I went down to 1 measly credit. Worked weeks on my rooms, and lost. Yes I was disappointed, I wanted to win, I spent my credits and my time hoping for the win. But at the same time, I had the most incredible team in the everest competition, the BEST! We had fun, we chatted late into the night, laughed and had fun. We had so much fun WITH EACH OTHER, that even though we all said we wouldnt do a competition again, lo and behold, we joined this one. Besides our Yeti begged us to join. And this time, we DID DO IT for fun. We didnt spend a ton of credits, we didnt spend alot of time and brain power making our rooms, at least I didnt lol, and we had a blast! We are not in it this time for the win. The lack of stress was so nice. We built with no pressure and it was all fun. Win or lose, I still consider our team winners. I personallly do not need VMK to acknowledge our ride. I suggest nobody joins a team strictly for the win. I am happy with my green beach chair. Hope they announce winners soon and give out the participation prize.

THANK YOU TO MY TEAM FOR MAKING THIS THE BEST RIDE COMPETITION EVER!!!! You guys rock my socks off! Glove you!! Hugs and Kisses

CoolDisGirl said:
THANK YOU TO MY TEAM FOR MAKING THIS THE BEST RIDE COMPETITION EVER!!!! You guys rock my socks off! Glove you!! Hugs and Kisses
Thank you, It would not be as much fun without you there. And I would note - again our ride was prety good and this time short and sweet.

I missed this event. :( But, I'm sure that all of the teams did great, I think that we may see some winners we know. ;)

Their all winners in my book. "choke, choke, cough"

What a lousy thread topic this started out as, but I'm glad I read all the posts anyway. Leave it to most of the Dis'ers to turn it around and applaud their fellow team mates and other teams!

I would like to give a huge shout out to my team.......WDW Pool Hopping! We had the best time creating our theme, rooms and helping each other out every chance we have. That is what this is all about.......friends helping friends and rooting each other on! I have met such an amazing group of friends from coast to coast and across the pond that would do anything to help one another!! No prize won, earned or given could possibly come close to that.

There are so many great teams out there and although I didn't get a chance to ride them all, I saw some amazing rooms on the ones I did ride. Great Job to every team who took the time to sign up and create their one of a kind rides. That is what makes VMK so much fun.
Sure there are a few rotten apples here and there that try to ruin the fun for others.....sadly that is life.....virtual or real!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter