Pre-Purchase & Upgrade Question

RGLakatos

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone!

I am sorry if this sounds ridiculous but it is a question that has been on my mind.

What happens if you prepurchase an item that is suppose to show up in your stateroom upon entering the stateroom for the first time on your cruise but you upgrade your stateroom. Do you have to tell the people you prepurchased from that you have a different stateroom or will that portion of the Disney Cruiseline that you preordered from inform the cruiseline so that you do receive your items in a timely manner?

I am not sure if this makes sense to anyone or how it would work as I am thinking about ordering something for our cruise from Disney Cruiseline but am afraid that if I perform an upgrade when I check in that the items will not get to us at the start of the cruise itself.

Thanks for any help!!!

Roy

It finds it's way to you once you are onboard! We upgraded at port in July and my parents had ordered some treats and things for the room and it all showed up shortly after we were able to get our room without me saying anything!

It just depends. When we upgraded in October, our Stateroom host seemed really busy. We went to the other room and got our luggage and just so happened to see the original room host a few doors down from the original room, we explained the situation and he let us in to get me rainforest pass (nobody else had booked the room). No matter what, it will find it's way to you, you might just have to ask.

things can slip thru the cracks and/or some people are rude.

There was a poster here who ordered in-room gifts and changed staterooms and apparently the people who then occupied their room just kept the in room gifts that were clearly not intended for them.

Yes, this is rare so it is always a good idea to let your new stateroom host know you had ordered gifts so they can track them down.

MJ

Thanks for all the help.....I really want things to go seamlessly as this is our first Disney cruise and am already thinking about booking onboard before experiencing the first cruise!! I don't want to be running around looking for things I ordered so I might just purchase optional things on the cruise.

Does anyone know where onboard to purchase the beer mug and is there anything special for first time cruisers with Disney that are given in the stateroom like pins or keychain or anything? How do they make first time cruisers feel special if its their first cruise with Disney??

We upgraded at the port for one of our cruises, and getting our luggage and our CC gift was kind of a pain. I'm sure the stuff would have eventually made its way to our new room, but we wanted our luggage, and the fastest way to get it was to go get it ourselves. To be honest, we just knocked on the door and told the people that were occupying it that it was our original room and we were checking for luggage. They were really nice about it and gave us our CC gift and all of the stuff that was ours.

It was kind of a pain, but if we were to get a good deal on an upgrade at the port again, we'd still jump on it. Disney will make sure you get your stuff. You just have to be patient, and that's something I'm not always good at. :rotfl:

Susan

Thanks for all the help.....I really want things to go seamlessly as this is our first Disney cruise and am already thinking about booking onboard before experiencing the first cruise!! I don't want to be running around looking for things I ordered so I might just purchase optional things on the cruise.

Does anyone know where onboard to purchase the beer mug and is there anything special for first time cruisers with Disney that are given in the stateroom like pins or keychain or anything? How do they make first time cruisers feel special if its their first cruise with Disney??
You will just purchase the beer mug from one of the bars or places that serves alcohol.

As far as making you feel special....I'm not sure you'll get anything extra, but the cruise itself is pretty special.:goodvibes They will announce your family as you board the ship. That itself made me cry like a baby the first time we sailed. LOL!

If you decide to do another Disney cruise in the future, you'll be a member of the Castaway Club and will get a gift in your stateroom on future sailings. Hope this helps.

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter