Pre-Planning for a Kindergarten Graduate Surprise Trip! **UPDATED 6/5**

Exciting mail delivery yesterday afternoon…. THESE BEAUTIES ARRIVED!

IMG_4363.jpg

This coming trip will be our 2nd time using the Magic Bands. During our 2013 trip, we didn’t really take enough pre-planning time to foucs on our Magic Bands (awful, I know). So we didn’t have the Bands shipped to our house, we didn’t pre-pick a color, we didn’t even pre-book any FastPass+!!!!! This time, we’re prepared! I’m Blue, DH is Grey and we chose Green for DS. I LOVE the colors — very bright and vibrant.

ADR UPDATE: We placed our “Be Our Guest” menu order yesterday afternoon, via the My Disney Experience site! OH MY GOODNESS — our tummies were definitely rumbling after that exercise! This will be our first time dining at the Beast’s Castle, so it was really helpful that pictures of the menu items appeared when we were adding them to our que. DH decided on the French Onion Soup, Carved Prime Chuck Roast Beef Sandwich with Pammes Frites and a Triple Chocolate Cupcake for dessert. I went with the Carved Trukey Sandwich with Pommes Frites and The Master’s Cupcake with Lumiere’s special “Grey Stuff” for dessert. Then for DS, we made the executive decision to order him the Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup with Pommes Frites, and a Master’s Cupcake :) He’s going to be in heaven! Now what room will we ultimately dine in? Decisons! The Grand Ballroom looks so inviting — but I would love to try the West Wing! Could be too dark and ominous for DS though ….. What do you guys think? Which dining room is the best?

In other ADR news, still no openings for the Star Wars Sci-Fi Dine-In Breakfast :( womp... womp.

Have a great day everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_4363.jpg
    IMG_4363.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 1
The count-down until "GO" time is winding down. We are at 17 days, 12 hours, 45 minutes! It's getting harder and harder to not let the secret slip to DS. DH and I are both bursting at the seams with excitement!

IMG_4475.jpg

And this morning, I subconsciously made pancakes in a hidden mickey formation....hee!

IMG_4403.jpg

and of course, it was accompanied by some coffee in one of my favorite Disney Parks mugs :)

IMG_4404 (1).jpg

Pretty soon it will be time to take the suitcases down from the attic and pack them on the sly from DS. Tick, Tock, Tick Tock :)

Have a great day DISers!

SUCCESS! By chance, I hopped onto the Disney Dining website and was FINALLY able to score a reservation for us at Star Wars Sci-Fi Dine-In Breakfast! WOO HOO! :banana: Thank you fellow Dis'ers for your sound advise of never giving up on an ADR. I am one happy camper! :darth:

Great!! Sounds like an awesome trip! My 5 & 7 year old kids LOVE S- May have to do SWW one year (going in early Dec this year as the in-laws are joining us & they don't do heat well). SWW dining options look amazing!

Joining in! We're going for our 2nd trip in November and trying to make it a surprise!

It sounds like a great trip!

Great!! Sounds like an awesome trip! My 5 & 7 year old kids LOVE S- May have to do SWW one year (going in early Dec this year as the in-laws are joining us & they don't do heat well). SWW dining options look amazing!

Thx! 2 thumbs up on your early December trip!!!! DH and I went to WDW in December 2009 and it was an AMAZING time of year to go!! The weather was so cool and comfortable. You're gonna have a wonderful time :)

We are almost one week until TRAVEL DAY! WOO HOO! Which means we are getting close enough to get a reasonable glimpse at the Orlando weather forecast...and womp womp womp :( every single day of our trip is 60% rain and thunderstorms. I'm hopeful that forecast will turn and we'll have some true blue sunny days coming our way. Trying to stay optimistic, any day in Disney is a good day! Fingers, legs and toes crossed for mother nature to be kind majority of our stay!

I live in NC and our forecasts often look that way, especially a week out. And we usually have some days where we see nary a drop of rain despite predictions. I would invest in some good ponchos though. =)

I love the shirts you have picked out for yourself and DS!

We are doing a BOG lunch next trip and I already looked at the menu - I think our order will match yours almost exactly!

I know warm months at Disney usually means afternoon storms - but I would count on getting lots done in the morning and trying to save indoor attractions for the afternoon!

I live in NC and our forecasts often look that way, especially a week out. And we usually have some days where we see nary a drop of rain despite predictions. I would invest in some good ponchos though. =)

Ponchos are definitely on the shopping list for this weekend. I'm not taking any chances!! :)

Hey Dis'ers....with 5 full days left on the ticker, DH and I decided that we could no longer wait! We had to SURPRISE our sweet DS with our Disney trip news this evening.

I wrote a letter for him to read aloud (putting the Kindergarten education to work!) and wrapped up some magical surprises... and then we called him into the room!!!

He was so surprised to see what was waiting for him... presents!?! Oh boy!

IMG_4599.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

SUCCESS!!! DS was super excited and so grateful. Lots of "Thank you Mommy and Daddy!" and lots of screaming and jumping for joy!!!

Here's a closer look at the loot :)

IMG_4608.jpg

IMG_4607.jpg

and bonus, he was super excited to have the GREEN band as his!

IMG_4606.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter