• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pre-Paid Photo Package?

poohj80

Got Hunny?
Hi all!

We are getting SO excited for our first DCL cruise next month, but have a ton of questions for you vets.

A co-worker mentioned she read something about a pre-paid photo package (similar to pre-purchasing the Photo Pass CD at WDW). Can someone tell me if there is such a thing and, if so, the details?

Thanks so much!

PJ

Sorry , I can"t answer your question, but I would love to know the answer to this also

When you get onboard, Shutters, the ships photographers, offers packages. These packages include so many 8x10s and so many 6x8 photos to mix and match throughout the cruise. If you buy a package and can't fill the number, you can get a refund for the difference. The packages save money over buying individual photos.

My tip, pick the package for the number of photos you think you would buy and then buy the next package up. We had to upgrade our package last year, the photos are just too hard to resist.

When you get onboard, Shutters, the ships photographers, offers packages. These packages include so many 8x10s and so many 6x8 photos to mix and match throughout the cruise. If you buy a package and can't fill the number, you can get a refund for the difference. The packages save money over buying individual photos.

My tip, pick the package for the number of photos you think you would buy and then buy the next package up. We had to upgrade our package last year, the photos are just too hard to resist.

We actually did this too, they are very hard to resist. :love: :love: :cloud9: :cloud9:

I've seen the price lists for the packages before, can you only buy these packages at the start of the cruise? You can't wait until then end and see which pictures you like and buy them as a package?

You can select a package at any time.

If you select at the beginning of the cruise you receive a small card which they will mark of photos as you select them. You can return photos and pick others if you choose. If you don't completely use all your package they will drop you to the next lower package.

If you wait till later in the cruise you may want to stack your photos (place all your photos together in one stack on the photo rack). There was a period when Shutters asked that photos not be stacked but it has continued to be the norm. Anyway, once you have a collection of pictures then purchase those as a package.

The Shutters team will help you pick what is best for your photo needs. Of course they will try and steer you to larger packages.

Go to the alphabetical FAQ section and select "SHUTTERS" There is a photo of the packages and prices.

The photo sizes are 6x8 and 8x10. I wish you could get a 6x8 without the Disney border.

No...you can't get them in digital...and no on the changing sizes. If the picture was taken as an 8 x 10, you can only get it as an 8x10, same thing for the 6x8. Shutters really needs to come out of the dark ages, imo.

We bought a package and had no trouble filling it, and if you want more, you can upgrade at any time also.
One tip I have is to not wait until the end of the cruise to go look for your pictures. Towards the end, they start to put the pics in bins and it is very hard to look for your group that way. I saw lots of people complaining about it, but really it was their own fault for not looking earlier.
I tried to go every day and switch my package out, and also to discard the ones I definately didn't want (eyes closed, weird expressions, etc) to make more space. We also stacked ours, even though it said not to.

Go to the alphabetical FAQ section and select "SHUTTERS" There is a photo of the packages and prices.

The photo sizes are 6x8 and 8x10. I wish you could get a 6x8 without the Disney border.

Actually I found out after our last cruise that you can request that Shutters reprint any picture without the border. :) It will be the same size as with the border.

Regarding getting a package early in the cruise or waiting. On the 3 and 4 day cruises waiting may not be too bad BUT on the 7 day or longer cruises pictures are put into boxes when more room is needed later in the cruise and even if you stack the pictures they may be moved or end up in the box. The fact that Shutters lets you do unlimited exchanges now unlike in the past when they limited it to 2 or 3 makes it easier for you to just collect all your pictures, have Shutters note how many you took on your card, and then compare them in your room. If you want to return some that you don't want to keep they will give you a new card with the updated total so that you can get more pictures when they come out. This is much better IMO than laying them all out on the floor in Shutters or outside in the hallway. If you end up not wanting as many pictures as the package you selected Shutters will refund you the difference. They were very helpful to me when I had more pictures than the large package and figured out that it would be cheaper for me to do a 6x8 package and an 8x10 package instead of doing two mixed packages. That is great customer service IMO. Doing that saved me about $30.00. :)

On our recent trip they swiped out card for the formal photos and most of the charater photos. The ones they took at the table etc we stored under our stateroom number. They use a facial recognition program to sort the photos. So if they are not on the wall you can get them printed.

They are looking at setting up the digital photos like Photopass so you can order after the trip.

On our Jan cruise on the Magic, they had photo kiosks available that you could swipe the room card given to photographers and it would pull up the photos taken. They still had all the photos printed, but this gave us a quick and easy way to tell what photos we had to look for on the walls! :rotfl: We could also check them sooner than they were printed and put up, as well as make a note of which ones we thought we liked without having to dig for them in Shutters.

The kiosks do allow you to order prints as well, I think - we never actually did any of that. We just checked the shots there so we could figure out if we had them all off the wall. I would actually prefer to use the kiosks, select the prints I want, and have them delivered to my room. Last night mob scenes would be a thing of the past!

Amanda

I wish they would just do something like photopass, don't understand why they don't?
Can't be too difficult since they already have it in DL and WDW

I want my pictures in digital format so I can do with them what I want

I wish they would just do something like photopass, don't understand why they don't?
Can't be too difficult since they already have it in DL and WDW

I want my pictures in digital format so I can do with them what I want

Now that would just be too easy Huh...But I do think they still have a contract with shutters maybe that is what is holding up things. Not sure. I love photopass and would also like it on the ship as well. Write to DCL and let them know. It would also save from wasting paper by printing pictures people may or may not want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter