Pre-ordering Photopass

sgaktwins

Earning My Ears
If you preorder the photopass--do you get the photopass card in the mail before your trip so that you have it in advance?

I have looked at the FAQ's on the site and even gone as far as to register and place my order, but I can't find the answer to this question. It says after you place your order, you will have a credit in your account to be able to order the CD after you get home--just confused as to how it works if you preorder. TIA!

sgaktwins said:
If you preorder the photopass--do you get the photopass card in the mail before your trip so that you have it in advance?

I have looked at the FAQ's on the site and even gone as far as to register and place my order, but I can't find the answer to this question. It says after you place your order, you will have a credit in your account to be able to order the CD after you get home--just confused as to how it works if you preorder. TIA!

When you get to Disney and actually get a pic taken by a Photopass Photographer they will scan a card and hand it to you. You will then hand that card to subsequent photographers to scan when they take your pic. When back from your trip, you log into Photopass site and enter your card number. If you've acquired more than one card, if your party splits up for instance, you can enter all card numbers to combine on the same account, and then you can add borders, etc. and then they will send you the CD. It will help if you take a pic of the number on your card (s) so if you lose it, you still can retrieve your pictures on the site. All this, I believe, has to be done within 30 days of the close of your trip.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

DisneyClown said:
When you get to Disney and actually get a pic taken by a Photopass Photographer they will scan a card and hand it to you. You will then hand that card to subsequent photographers to scan when they take your pic. When back from your trip, you log into Photopass site and enter your card number. If you've acquired more than one card, if your party splits up for instance, you can enter all card numbers to combine on the same account, and then you can add borders, etc. and then they will send you the CD. It will help if you take a pic of the number on your card (s) so if you lose it, you still can retrieve your pictures on the site. All this, I believe, has to be done within 30 days of the close of your trip.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

You are correct. We have always gotten the photopass and always preorder it. We take the photopass card that we have either gotten in our Mickey mail or we get one when we first get there and have our picture taken by a Disney photopass photographer. Then when we get home we plug in the code on the card and edit the pictures by adding borders and what not and then order the cd. It's already in there under our email address and works great! Easy to use too!

You would think I've never done this before...I registered the card in the pre-trip packet but for some reason I can't find where to pre-order the cd, help!
TIA
sss

Jumping in with a photopass question. I don't have the money right now to preorder. I know I can still have photos taken and buy them later. Can I order a full CD later? Can I use the card to get ride pictures too? Thanks!

If you buy the premium pass, you get a voucher. When you arrive at WDW, Go to photopass place and get your premium card.

The reg photopass you do as the above post mentioned

How do I order the CD though? I am almost done editing my pictures, it shows PhotoCD prepurchase 1 credit, so what do I do when I'm done editing the pictures. How do I get them on the CD and shipped to me? Do I have to add each picture to the cart after I edit it?

Also, can I upload my personal pictures, add borders to them and have those on the CD too?

sss said:
You would think I've never done this before...I registered the card in the pre-trip packet but for some reason I can't find where to pre-order the cd, help!
TIA
sss

You would go to disneyphotopass.com.

jnoble82 said:
Jumping in with a photopass question. I don't have the money right now to preorder. I know I can still have photos taken and buy them later. Can I order a full CD later? Can I use the card to get ride pictures too? Thanks!

Preordering saves you money. It will cost more after your trip. I believe they no longer offer the old photopass but I could be wrong. With the new photo pass + you can add your ride photos, and yes you can order the whole CD later.

Gumbymom said:
How do I order the CD though? I am almost done editing my pictures, it shows PhotoCD prepurchase 1 credit, so what do I do when I'm done editing the pictures. How do I get them on the CD and shipped to me? Do I have to add each picture to the cart after I edit it?

Also, can I upload my personal pictures, add borders to them and have those on the CD too?

You can add your own pics and edit them as well then just order the CD. All your pics will be on it, edited and unedited. Since you have the credit, you can just proceed to checkout. You shouldn't need to add each pic.

TIA
sss

Here's the pre-order site for the regular PhotoPass CD:

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

Here's the pre-order site for the PhotoPass + CD:

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/wdwphotopassplus.aspx

You can order the CD later (although you only have 30 days to upload your pictures after they're taken and then another 30 days to purchase something), but it costs $50 more than if you pre-order.

A regular PhotoPass card won't let you add ride pictures to the CD; you'd have to purchase the ride photos in order to get them added. If you were to pre-order the PhotoPass + CD (or purchase it when you get there), then you would get a card that would allow you to add ride photos without having to purchase them.

I'm going to jump in with a question! With Photopass Plus, do you have to use the card they send in the mail? Or can multiple people on our trip have multiple cards to add just like on regular Photopass? Also, are the time windows the same? (30 days to upload and 30 days to edit/order?) Thanks!!

clynngibson said:
I'm going to jump in with a question! With Photopass Plus, do you have to use the card they send in the mail? Or can multiple people on our trip have multiple cards to add just like on regular Photopass? Also, are the time windows the same? (30 days to upload and 30 days to edit/order?) Thanks!!

They don't mail a card, they mail a voucher. You turn in the voucher for one pp+ card. You only get on pp+, put you can link regular pp card to the account. Only the pp+ card can claim the extra photos (rides, meals) . Some have said you can take a picture w you phone and use it,but I havent done it.

They don't mail a card, they mail a voucher. You turn in the voucher for one pp+ card. You only get on pp+, put you can link regular pp card to the account. Only the pp+ card can claim the extra photos (rides, meals) . Some have said you can take a picture w you phone and use it,but I havent done it.

Thanks! That's what I was guessing.

You can add your own pics and edit them as well then just order the CD. All your pics will be on it, edited and unedited. Since you have the credit, you can just proceed to checkout. You shouldn't need to add each pic.

I a confused, I have read on here (and you confirmed) that I can add and edit my own pictures and they will be on the CD, but where you order the CD it says otherwise. I don't want to waste my time uploading my pictures (it took a couple of hours just to upload 60 pictures and I have a bunch more) and to add boarders (which really aren't that great for ones own pics anyway), if they're not going to be on the CD anyway.

So have things changed recently, is it different if you pre-buy the CD or do they tell you they won't be on there but they do put them on anyway?

photopass_zps343cff96.png

Gumbymom said:
I a confused, I have read on here (and you confirmed) that I can add and edit my own pictures and they will be on the CD, but where you order the CD it says otherwise. I don't want to waste my time uploading my pictures (it took a couple of hours just to upload 60 pictures and I have a bunch more) and to add boarders (which really aren't that great for ones own pics anyway), if they're not going to be on the CD anyway.

So have things changed recently, is it different if you pre-buy the CD or do they tell you they won't be on there but they do put them on anyway?

Sorry to confuse you. Maybe it has changed recently, perhaps with the new PP +. I know you used to be able to add your own. Hopefully someone on here knows for sure. If you're able to upload your own, maybe you can then just place those in your cart with your edits, to order along with your CD. Sorry for the confusion!

I am confused, I have read on here (and you confirmed) that I can add and edit my own pictures and they will be on the CD, but where you order the CD it says otherwise. I don't want to waste my time uploading my pictures (it took a couple of hours just to upload 60 pictures and I have a bunch more) and to add boarders (which really aren't that great for ones own pics anyway), if they're not going to be on the CD anyway.

photopass_zps343cff96.png

I don't know where DisneyClown might have read that you can get your personal pictures put on a PhotoPass CD, since all it says on the PhotoPass site is that you get all your PhotoPass pictures on the CD. (You can however upload your personal pictures and buy prints of them with borders on them for 19 cents apiece.) Also, there's no reason to spend $20 on a copy of the CD when you can just make your own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter