Pre-ordering at BOG

once its 30 days prior to your ADR you log into MDE and go to your BOG ADR.
to the right there will be a place to click on that says preorder.
once you click on that it will give you all the food options.
you just select what you want and save it and then when you go to BOG they will look up what you ordered and confirm that its correct and you'll pay or use a dining plan credit.

i preordered for my BOG lunch in march for an ADR in april.
it worked fabulously.

I know it must save time, but honestly, I don't know what I'll feel like having that day (we have two lunches booked for our trip first week of September with free QS dining).

We're going to wait and see what sounds good!

I know it must save time, but honestly, I don't know what I'll feel like having that day (we have two lunches booked for our trip first week of September with free QS dining).

We're going to wait and see what sounds good!

you can preorder anywhere from 30 days prior to 5 MINUTES prior to checking in for your ADR so why not just pre order anyways?
then you can still save time.

I may do that on MDE then, right before our reservation!

We're going to see how our first lunch goes, then decide if we NEED to do another lunch! It looks lovely for a nice break. Wish they served wine! They'd make a killing on me! Yes, I know at dinner, but the dinner options don't appeal to me and we have free qs dining.

you can preorder anywhere from 30 days prior to 5 MINUTES prior to checking in for your ADR so why not just pre order anyways?
then you can still save time.

:thumbsup2 Agree with the saving of time!

We pre-ordered just a couple days before our lunch two weeks ago and it turned out to be a huge time saver. The line to get in to order that day was stretched all the way across the bridge, and we were able to bypass that line and go right in.

When does the line to order start backing up? We had an 11:45 am res on May 18 and there was only one person ahead of us. Ordering (for our party of 5) took less than 5 mins.

When does the line to order start backing up? We had an 11:45 am res on May 18 and there was only one person ahead of us. Ordering (for our party of 5) took less than 5 mins.

i think the PP was actually confused as to what line was getting backed up.
BOG accepts walk ins and that line does reach all the way across the bridge.
if you have a lunch ADR you walk on the left side of the bridge and if you have already ordered you are direct to a CM that just confirms your order.
if you did not preorder you are directed to a kiosk which may have a line in front of you but its not the same line as the line that spans the bridge.

if you have a lunch ADR you walk on the left side of the bridge and if you have already ordered you are direct to a CM that just confirms your order.
if you did not preorder you are directed to a kiosk which may have a line in front of you but its not the same line as the line that spans the bridge.

I was wondering about that. There were quite a few people standing on the bridge (waiting for their ADR time?), and I overheard several people asking if there was any availability.

There weren't many people actually ordering food (one or two parties at each kiosk), even though the dining areas were pretty full. (We sat at one of two open tables in the west wing.) Based on our experience, pre-ordering didn't seem necessary.

Oops!
I guess that explains the long line. Do you know if all those people eventually do get in? Just wondering since we met up with friends while at MK on the 20th and they would have loved to have eaten at BOG but were told they couldn't get in without a reservation.

Oops!
I guess that explains the long line. Do you know if all those people eventually do get in? Just wondering since we met up with friends while at MK on the 20th and they would have loved to have eaten at BOG but were told they couldn't get in without a reservation.

i would think anyone on the bridge is let in.
there are CMs at the bridge that would turn you away if there was no more walk up availability.
my suggestion for walk ups would be to plan to get there earlier rather than later.

How does pre-ordering work with substitutions or special requests? Also, do you apply the DDP when you pre-order or when you arrive at the restaurant?

If it ends up that the DDP changes come to pass, and I want to sub a soup for the dessert, would that be possible to do with the pre-order system?

Thanks!

How does pre-ordering work with substitutions or special requests? Also, do you apply the DDP when you pre-order or when you arrive at the restaurant?

If it ends up that the DDP changes come to pass, and I want to sub a soup for the dessert, would that be possible to do with the pre-order system?

Thanks!

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the DDP rules to change. But you can use a snack credit for soup (that's what we did). The cupcakes are also really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter