• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pre-order Photography Package??

kelseyledare

Mouseketeer
First timer on a Disney cruise here so I had a question.

I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on pre-purchasing the photography packages. I thought it seemed like a great idea, but yikes at the price! I'd probably get one of the digital options.

Thanks in advance!!

Depends on length of cruise, do you have children with you? If you have kids you might want to buy their pics with characters. That might make it worth it.

I always pre purchase and get all the digital photos. It is a really good deal. Last time on my 4 night cruise I received 143 pictures. However if you do pre purchase and find that you don't get as many pictures as you would like you can get a full refund making it risk free.

To clarify, I'm on the Fantasy Eastern Caribbean for 7 days. The all digital package is $295 including the 15% advance discount. How many photos do you think I'd get? We have two children, 7 and 10.

You will get every picture you and/or anyone else in your stateroom takes, so if during those 7 night you and anyone else in your stateroom take 300 pictures you will receive a CD with 300 picture on it. Throughout the day there are many different areas set up to take pictures with different back drops and even props, the photographers come around during dinner and take pictures as well There are also candid shots taken at CC. I made sure to ask my servers to ensure the photographers came to my table each night as well. There are dozens of character meet and greets where photos are taken, you will get all of the pictures taken at those as well. During 1 character meet I would have my DS take a couple of pictures alone with Mickey for example then I would join in and get a picture then my DH would join in for a picture so in 1 character meet we would leave with about 4 pictures taken, if we see 4 characters in a day that is easily 16 pictures with just the characters. It is a bit time consuming, so if you know your family dose not like really like to take pictures it may not be worth it.

To clarify, I'm on the Fantasy Eastern Caribbean for 7 days. The all digital package is $295 including the 15% advance discount. How many photos do you think I'd get? We have two children, 7 and 10.
You lose no money, if you opt to pre-purchase. And you'll save money by pre-purchasing the full CD. If the number of photos it seems you will be getting (once on the cruise) isn't what you'd like it to be, you can cancel the package, and purchase either individual photos, or a smaller package. You have to make this decision by the last full day of the cruise.

Last edited:
We pre-purchased the photo package on our 7 night cruise and it was worth it. We took lots of photos and I wanted them all. The option of getting the refund if you decide your don't want it is great.

We are 5 of us in two room. Do we have to buy two separate package? I only see the one reservation # can put in the order form.

We are 5 of us in two room. Do we have to buy two separate package? I only see the one reservation # can put in the order form.
Each room must buy their own CD (all cruise photos). Only exception is if the two rooms are one nuclear family (mom & kids in one room, and dad and kids in the second).

If not nuclear family, as long as one room purchases the full CD (and you can do it at the lower pre-cruise price), the second room can purchase a full CD at 50% off, once onboard the ship.

Each room must buy their own CD (all cruise photos). Only exception is if the two rooms are one nuclear family (mom & kids in one room, and dad and kids in the second).

If not nuclear family, as long as one room purchases the full CD (and you can do it at the lower pre-cruise price), the second room can purchase a full CD at 50% off, once onboard the ship.

Thank you for the quick response.

DM and I purchased the everything package on the EBPC cruise this past October. We found it to be worth it, to an extent. It made us take more pictures than we would have. I think our next two cruises (wish they would do a deal for B2B cruisers), we may just get the digital version and purchase a few extras. Don't forget you also get a discount on the frames and maybe other purchases at Shutters. I know, it is a drop in the bucket, but it made my day at the time, I was purchasing the frames anyhow, so it was an added benefit. I really enjoyed being able to take the digital photos and add them to my photo book, it made it that much more special. Plus, it was pre-paid and if we really just did not want to take pictures, well, it was refundable. We ended up with great photos and lots of them! 2 adults had over 160 photos on a 14 night cruise. We did not stand in all the lines and just took pics when we had time to kill/lines were short, etc. If you have kids that love the characters, I imagine it is even more worth it. 1 regular picture is 19.95, so you do not need many pictures to make up the price.

wish they would do a deal for B2B cruisers)
It's my understanding that B2B cruisers can get 50% off on the second leg of their cruise. I believe you have to show that you were on the previous cruise (KTTW card? departure bill?)

Do you also get the hard printed copies of the pictures, along with the CD? For the $295??

How about if Mom and Dad are in one room and Grandma and Our Son in another?
Thanks

How about if Mom and Dad are in one room and Grandma and Our Son in another?
Thanks
If your room (Mom & Dad) purchases the full CD, you can include your son (as long as he is a minor). Any photos taken that include either Mom, Dad, or son will be on the CD. Any photos taken of only Grandma will not. That being said, there have been cases where Grandma's photos were included.

I'm surprised by the people with hundreds of photos - how does that happen? I've never had more than 30 or 40 (even on a 7 day) and I feel like we're always lining up for something! We see most of the characters, usually see a photographer at dinner a couple of times, and have seen a photographer at Castaway Cay and still it's nowhere near that many. I usually get a CD with 15 prints (I think that's the option they give on board if you want some digitals) and that's sufficient to get the good ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter