pre order photo pass

kmermaid

DIS Veteran
Just a heads up that it seems that you can still get the preorder photopass for 99.00. Here is the site:
The e-mail is below if someone needs it:
Here is your link to the Disney Photopass pre-vacation offer: http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx
Have a wonderful vacation.
Jennifer Pappas
Disney Photo Imaging Guest Support Team
407. 560 . 4300

Now my question is does this expire? I would like to use this for my trip next summer 2013.

it does not expire, but you cannot get a refund after 90 days so if you think you may end up not using it or not being happy with the product and want your money back I wouldn't order this far out and risk that.

FWIW we have done photopass cd 10+ times and never felt like we didn't get our money's worth.

No I don't see me wanting my $ back for it. I would just like to be in the pics for once! I always wanted to do it so I did it. Besides the summer 2013 is with my friend and her family we will be celebrating both our daughters graduations from high school.

No I don't see me wanting my $ back for it. I would just like to be in the pics for once! I always wanted to do it so I did it. Besides the summer 2013 is with my friend and her family we will be celebrating both our daughters graduations from high school.

Not trying to talk you out of PhotoPass, it can be worth it for just $99, but remember you can always hand your camera to the CM with the character for a picture. Just about every M&G I've done with a PP photog also had a character handler CM that would do this.

At least for the sept trip I wanted the photo pass for MNSSHP. And it is one less thing for me to carry and possibly lose.

The photopass cd is DEFINITELY worth it! I've gotten the pre order every trip but 1, and on that trip we ended up seriously regretting it (and considered buying it just for the action shots we'd gotten with flynn :rotfl2:) And if you're considering splurging and getting photo book too, DO IT, the books are amazing!! And then you don't have to fight with photos & books & junk later.

Also be aware that yes, you can hand your camera to someone to take a picture, but the lighting in most meet & greets is going to look WAY better with the photopass camera, ex; tiana & naveen pictures always come out really red on my camera because of the lighting!

I read yesterday when I got the photo pass that I had six months to return the pass if I don't want it. So those going in Sept may want to go ahead and consider a purchase.

Thank you so much for posting this! I pre-ordered my pass yesterday for our late September-early October trip - will it still be good? :confused3

Seriously debating pre ordering this....this will be our first trip

husband thinks it a waste of money (but he could care less about pics)

I am always the picture taker and never get to be in pictures... when i leave the picture taking to my husband at christmas or birthdays or what not I am always dissapointed he doesnt care so he doesnt really try to take good pictures and if he gets 5 pics that is good enough for him!

My question is on average how many pics am i looking to get? I dont plan on tracking anyone down and we are doing several character meals so dont plan to do to many meet and greets. So i am just wondering if it will be worth it for us.

I just plan to take my point and shoot camera which does good pictures but it is finicky sometimes in low lighting

Thank you so much for posting this! I pre-ordered my pass yesterday for our late September-early October trip - will it still be good? :confused3

Yes, it will still be good, you just won't be able to get your money back if you decide you don't want the cd, so take lots and lots of pictures:) My family better smile nicely or I will not be happy.

Seriously debating pre ordering this....this will be our first trip

husband thinks it a waste of money (but he could care less about pics)

I am always the picture taker and never get to be in pictures... when i leave the picture taking to my husband at christmas or birthdays or what not I am always dissapointed he doesnt care so he doesnt really try to take good pictures and if he gets 5 pics that is good enough for him!

My question is on average how many pics am i looking to get? I dont plan on tracking anyone down and we are doing several character meals so dont plan to do to many meet and greets. So i am just wondering if it will be worth it for us.

I just plan to take my point and shoot camera which does good pictures but it is finicky sometimes in low lighting

This is the exact reason why I love PP. When I do ask my DM to take my pix it usually doesn't come out very well.

As to how many photos you'll get it depends on how active you are seeking out the photographers. If you stop at every PP photog you see you'll get a lot. We get quite a few and last year there wasn't a single character one. DD12 doesn't like to take them anymore. :confused3

BTW, you can always ask the photogs to take your pix using your camera. They will happily oblige. But just know that they ones they take are usually better, and they take more.

I preordered mine already for our Oct. 2012 trip.

Im thinking about getting the PP myself but Im concered we won't have enough pictures taken to make it worth wild. We are going for 4 days into the parks and I don't want to stand in line all the time to have pictures taken.

So how does it work...they give you a card and they load every picture to your # right?

We have done PP several times and have gotten over 100 pics each time. We don't actively seek out the photographers but they are located in all of the scenic spots at each park,not just with the characters. You will get a card that you keep with you and each time the PP photographer takes a pic,they scan your card and that is how the pics get loaded to your card. It's easy!

As a PP poster mentioned .... is there lines you have to wait in to get the Photographers to take your picture?

And as to the money back guarantee.... if i get home and I dont have enough pictures that I feel like makes it worth the $99.00 and want a refund.... What if there is one or 2 pictures you want do i still have the option to buy one or two ?

My daughter is doing BBB .. i know they have an optional imaging package ... if i get the PP prepaid package will they take photos and the photos be on there?

We pre-ordered the PP for our trip..its our first trip and its one less thing to worry about. We aren't very good at taking photos and want to do some of the MagicShots. Also about the BBB question, we are doing Pirate's Leage(so not sure if same rules apply) but if you buy the Pirate's League photo, they will load them onto your PP. So its possible thats how it works with BBB.

We pre-order a cd for our 2011 Christmas trip because we did not order one last time in 2008. It was one of the best things we did for our trip. The lines are usually very short. We got great shots all the way down Main Street and on the side of the castle. Each park has photographers in some of the best places. Buying the pictures individually can be very pricey. We got 360 pictures for $99. We can print them anywhere for much cheaper that Disney will. We will be pre- ordering before each trip from now on.

I preordered today too. I had read a couple of places that the pre-order was going up to $129.95 and forgot to order before today so I was very happy to get the $99 price.

I find that the PP photogs get better pics in the character meet and greets. My camera just doesn't seem to like the light in there and I can't get good shots with either of my cameras. The borders are also fun and look good in my Shutterfly photobooks.

I just pre ordered and my confirmation states I have 90 days from the date of pre purchase to request a refund. So yes, you can cancel if you don't think you got enough pics to make it worthwhile as long as you are in the 90 day window. You can order individual pics but the price was sky high IMO. Something like 12.99 for one picture. I never really had to wait for a PP photographer unless I was waiting for an autograph. There are plenty of them around the parks.

As a PP poster mentioned .... is there lines you have to wait in to get the Photographers to take your picture?

And as to the money back guarantee.... if i get home and I dont have enough pictures that I feel like makes it worth the $99.00 and want a refund.... What if there is one or 2 pictures you want do i still have the option to buy one or two ?

My daughter is doing BBB .. i know they have an optional imaging package ... if i get the PP prepaid package will they take photos and the photos be on there?

The photographers are at many of the M&Gs and scattered throughout the parks. Lines are hit or miss. Normally no more than 3-4 families at a given photographer. Obviously may be longer if it is a M&G. The longest line is at the Osborne Lights. The photographers don't take pictures while the lights are dancing, and everyone wants their picture taken. Those lines can take a while. The photographers in front of the icons (castle, hat, etc) are usually lined up down the street. So maybe 6-10 photographers between the flag pole and the partners statue taking pictures. If one has a line, odds are the next one won't.

The pre-order is just prepaying for the cd, so you get it at a discount. You can order other things in addition, or choose to get the CD refund and then just order other prints. Doesn't matter. But the break even point on a CD pre order is usually about 8 pictures. If you like 8, then the pre-order is usually a better deal.

They have "studio" locations for the BBB. Anyone can use them, but BBB gets priority. Essentially its like a school picture. They have a few props, a few backdrops, and they take a handful of pictures. DTD is over by guest relations next to Team Mickey, and MK used to be over where the Mickey/Princess M&G are now, not sure if it is still there or if they moved it. You shouldn't need to do the photo package to get the pictures taken. But the package will give you prints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter