Pre-order BOG w/ celiac question

seb65

Mouseketeer
We are a party of 8. There will be 6 with a dining plan and 2 in a different reservation without the dining plan. Two in the party has celiac and absolutely can not eat gluten. Can we still pre-order? Or is it advisable that we order when we check in?
As an aside, can 6 pay with our bands/plan and the last 2 pay with cash?

They had gluten free options on preorder menu and I think they talked to us too. My husband was pleased with the experience and had no ill effects there. Good luck!

They had gluten free options on preorder menu and I think they talked to us too. My husband was pleased with the experience and had no ill effects there. Good luck!
So glad to hear! I am not the one with celiac, but I am the one in charge of making plans. So, I feel "responsible". I am going into the trip to go with the flow, as we all are, but I don't want anyone to get sick, either. As you probably know, cross contamination has awful effects!

We are a party of 8. There will be 6 with a dining plan and 2 in a different reservation without the dining plan. Two in the party has celiac and absolutely can not eat gluten. Can we still pre-order? Or is it advisable that we order when we check in?
As an aside, can 6 pay with our bands/plan and the last 2 pay with cash?

No If you preorder all 8 must be paid by the same method - i .e. one Magic Band, a credit card, or cash for all 8.

I've had both the GF waffles and french toast strips at BOG. The waffles are Van's, I believe. The french toast was a newer addition, and it was good. I've also had lunch and dinner there. I had no trouble pre-ordering. The chef has always come out to talk with me if I've needed him to, and has been great with customizing a meal for me. BOG is one of my favorite spots for GF in Disney. :)

No If you preorder all 8 must be paid by the same method - i .e. one Magic Band, a credit card, or cash for all 8.

Thank you for this! I will figure it out. Maybe they can just pay us back or buy two of us a quick service somewhere else.

I've had both the GF waffles and french toast strips at BOG. The waffles are Van's, I believe. The french toast was a newer addition, and it was good. I've also had lunch and dinner there. I had no trouble pre-ordering. The chef has always come out to talk with me if I've needed him to, and has been great with customizing a meal for me. BOG is one of my favorite spots for GF in Disney. :)

I am not at our 30 days yet- do gluten free options just pop up?

I am sorry- I have another question. Can it be everyone's magic band (the 6 of us) and then the extra 2 taken off of someone else's magic band? This is all so confusing!

Thank you for this! I will figure it out. Maybe they can just pay us back or buy two of us a quick service somewhere else.

I am not at our 30 days yet- do gluten free options just pop up?
I've pre ordered gluten free lunch with no issues. You go over your order with the cashier when you pay so there's no to see a chef or manager.
A notice comes up on MDE when your are able to preorder and I believe there is a button to view the allergy free menu. I can't remember from last year, but it's clearly marked. We will be doing lunch again in May and pre ordering again.
I am sorry- I have another question. Can it be everyone's magic band (the 6 of us) and then the extra 2 taken off of someone else's magic band? This is all so confusing!
I'm not sure I'm following, but whoever makes the reservation is the one who's magic band is scanned at check in and "responsible" for the whole reservation. (I.e.: pays, makes changes to the ressie, preorders) Individual magic bands are not scanned for everyone in the party. I don't know how it works with the dining plan since we pay out of pocket.
When you view the menu to pre order for everyone, make note of the prices and just ask the additional two people for the money up front. When it comes time to pay, use your dining credits for your share and charge the additional amount to your magic band or pay cash. I don't do the dining plan, but maybe someone who does will comment if that will work.

I'm actually pre-ordering right now. There is a link at the top right to click, then select your allergy and the menu updates to show the options available. When you add an item from there it will say Allergen - Wheat.bog-allergen.jpg

I've pre ordered gluten free lunch with no issues. You go over your order with the cashier when you pay so there's no to see a chef or manager.
A notice comes up on MDE when your are able to preorder and I believe there is a button to view the allergy free menu. I can't remember from last year, but it's clearly marked. We will be doing lunch again in May and pre ordering again.

I'm not sure I'm following, but whoever makes the reservation is the one who's magic band is scanned at check in and "responsible" for the whole reservation. (I.e.: pays, makes changes to the ressie, preorders) Individual magic bands are not scanned for everyone in the party. I don't know how it works with the dining plan since we pay out of pocket.
When you view the menu to pre order for everyone, make note of the prices and just ask the additional two people for the money up front. When it comes time to pay, use your dining credits for your share and charge the additional amount to your magic band or pay cash. I don't do the dining plan, but maybe someone who does will comment if that will work.

Thanks for your help!

Yes, just click wheat as the allergy option and your choices will pop up to preorder.

The only time I've had the chef come out is at lunch. He will remove the croutons and keep the cheese for me on the French onion soup and he will make the croque monsieur on GF bread, even though they are not listed as options on the menu.

It can be anybodys Magic Band, but not everybody's. If you pre order it is ONE source of payment for all 8 meals.

It can be anybodys Magic Band, but not everybody's. If you pre order it is ONE source of payment for all 8 meals.
Ok, since we are only there for four nights, none of us would have 8 credits on the magic bands, just 4 would be the maximum. I guess we won't preorder :/ Thanks so much for your help. We did not have any dining plan last time, so did not run into this issue. Thanks so much for your patience and help!

Ok, since we are only there for four nights, none of us would have 8 credits on the magic bands, just 4 would be the maximum. I guess we won't preorder :/ Thanks so much for your help. We did not have any dining plan last time, so did not run into this issue. Thanks so much for your patience and help!

I honestly don't know what they would do in this situation. Maybe someone will chime in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter