• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pre-Opening ADR at MK

CookieGVB

S/D Cheerleader & SSB Tormentor
We are staying offsite in Indian Creek for the first time. We have an 8:00 ADR in the MK. Will the monorail run from TTR early enough to get us there if MK doesn't open until 9:00? I know resorts run early buses, even though the standard answer is that they start running an hour before park open.

What's my best course of action? Would I be better off valet parking at the Poly, since our night ends there at 'Ohana? Any advice would be appreciated.

I believe the resort monorail starts at 7am daily so you could park at TTC then take the resort monorail around in plenty of time but if I was ending my day at the Poly I would absolutely consider valet. We started our MK day at Chef Mickey and valeted at the Contemporary, heading back to our car 16 hours later. Sure, it cost a few extra dollars since I tipped both times but it was soo nice to have the car brought right to us at the end of the night.

Like kj2mom mentioned only the resort monorail will be running at that time. There were CMs directing us to the proper monorail the morning we had our ADR. It will make a couple (short) stops at the resorts and get you to MK. Remember to go the far left at the tapstiles where they check you in for ADRs. They start letting in around 7:45am.

I believe the resort monorail starts at 7am daily so you could park at TTC then take the resort monorail around in plenty of time but if I was ending my day at the Poly I would absolutely consider valet. We started our MK day at Chef Mickey and valeted at the Contemporary, heading back to our car 16 hours later. Sure, it cost a few extra dollars since I tipped both times but it was soo nice to have the car brought right to us at the end of the night.

OK - next question - if we valet at the Poly, will they honor the TIW "free valet" if we stay there all day, or is it only if you're within a decent time of your ADR? Do you pay for valet when you drop off, or when you pick up? Thanks!

Not sure, we don't have TIW but there is one set fee no matter how long you stay and you pay when you pick up.

Edit: Just looked up the TIW rules and this is what it says regarding valet (I think the key words are sole purpose):
Valet and Parking:

• Resort valet services are complimentary to Tables in Wonderland members, for the sole purpose of dining at one of the participating Resort restaurants. This privilege will only be extended to one vehicle per membership card. Present your membership card with a valid dining receipt from the participating Resort restaurant at the Valet Stand upon retrieving your vehicle. On Tables in Wonderland Block-Out dates, there will be a charge for parking and valet services.

Ok, thanks. I figured that would be too good to be true. It will be worth the $ for the sanity saved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter