Pre MHP Dining

scooch

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice, we're heading to MHP on the 19th and are looking for some ideas on dining before the 3pm early admission. Any suggestions that might be nicely halloween themed, I was thinking of maybe Trader Sam's for lunch. We have a 3yo and 5yo...

Thanks in advance :)

David

You can still bring the kids to Trader Sams! They might not allow them to sit at the bar, but I'm sure they can sit in the "restaurant" area.

Have Fun!
Kriss:tink:

I didn't really think any of the restaurants were all that Halloween-themed (some might have a few Halloween or Halloween-colored decorations or have a view of the in-park decorations), so I would pick a place that had a menu that appealed to you and your family.

I haven't really had much luck getting a table at Trader Sam's without a pretty lengthy wait, but there is the Tangaroa Terrace next door as a fall back. Otherwise, select DL restaurants have a HalloweenTime menu offering (e.g., the Flat-Iron steak at Cafe Orleans).

In Disneyland there are a couple of table service alfresco options that would give you park and people views...Carnation Cafe (ask for a table close to Main St)...We love the gazebo table, it's the perfect spot to people watch and catch the Dapper Dans. Riverbelle Terrace or Cafe Orleans as figment suggested. They may not have a themed menu; however you get the park and people ambiance before the party. We had a 3:30pm reservation at Riverbelle Terrace before the Blue Bayou parade package opened up just for this reason. The sweet sound of single digits...6 sleeps....

Trader Sam's drinks on the patio with the family with Tangaroa Terrace food options is also a good choice, but remember the 10-15 min walk and lines to get in for 3pm at DL.

Last edited:

Denny's on Harbor. Getting through security on the Harbor side will be easier than on the DTD side prior to a party.

Thanks for the tips, think ill trader sams and then go to the tangaroa terrace (didnt know about that one) if its too difficult to get a good table. My try and get there for opening at 11:30 before it gets busy.

Thanks for the tips, think ill trader sams and then go to the tangaroa terrace (didnt know about that one) if its too difficult to get a good table. My try and get there for opening at 11:30 before it gets busy.
You can get food from Tangaroa Terrace and bring it with you to Trader Sam's if you want something from both places. We've done that often when sitting outside at Trader Sam's. I'm not sure about doing that when sitting inside, but it probably doesn't matter if you are buying stuff from both places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter