Pre-Illuminations Cruise dinner

kitalyn414

Earning My Ears
Any recommendations for a tasty spot to grab dinner before an Illuminations Cruise? :boat: We have a group of 11 (6 adults, 3 kids and 2 toddlers) and are planning on staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I'd like to make the whole evening a special experience for our group. TIA! :thumbsup2

Since it is an Illuminations Cruise, I'd suggest dining in the Epcot Resort (YC/BC/BW/S/D) area, just to be that much closer to your departure point. And, I'd say choose a restaurant that accepts ADR's, and book one, so you can be more certain of eating 'on time'. Can't suggest any particular place over another based just on the age groups, but there are several excellent restaurants in that area, and a good variety of menus to boot.

Note: I would say cross off your list Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club. They do not take ADR's, and a party of that size will be difficult to seat together, in such a small location.

Maybe others on the board can help with a selection....

We are doing this on our 2nd night there to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary! We have 5 kids ages 15, 13, 11, 11, and 5 so I decided I didn't want to do anything to fancy since I have some VERY picky eaters. We will have an ADR( can't book it until monday) at 50's Primetime. We ate there the last time we where at WDW and all the kids LOVED it! I asked IOP to book it at 4:30 so we would be one of the first to eat, avoid the dinner crowds, and not have to rush through our meal. Then we will either just walk over to the Yacht club or take the boat over :banana:! This is one of the things that I am looking forward to the most on our trip!
We havn't seen Illuminations in a long time (the kids were very little the last time) and it will be a celebration cruise so they will decorate the boat and I have ordered a cake to! It should be a lot of fun and a great surprise for the kids because we are not telling them we are doing it!:woohoo:

We booked the Breathless for our Illuminations viewing, which we boarded at the YC dock. Dinner that evening was at the Cape May (ADR). No worries.

We're doing an Illuminations Cruise (two families -9 altogether). We're having dinner at Cape May Buffet before the cruise. It's just convenient since we're staying at BC and the other family is staying at YC. Tried to get LeCellier for that night but couldn't. We're at the beginning of our trip and our friends are at the end of their's.

I thought the Illuminations Cruise boat only held a maximum of 10? We've done this cruise twice and that's the limit we had both times, regardless of the age of the passengers (Breathless holds less).

We always do dinner at Epcot area because it's so easy and relaxing to just walk over to the marina after we eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter