Pre-hotel stay the POR question

loser1824

In love with Pixie Dust!
Hello Friends,

I have a question and I am hoping ya'll might be able to help me. Our package to stay at POR starts on a Monday. We are flying in on a Saturday and are looking for a place to stay for a couple of nights. We have discussed staying at AOA or staying off property and renting a car. This is my question -

How do we get from AOA to POR? Are there any options aside from a taxi or dragging our luggage to DTD (or another park) and then to POR?

Or

If we stay off property and rent a car at the airport could we hop on the Magical Express to take us to POR?

Has anyone has great success in doing either of these?

Thanks! :)

Bell Services will move your bags for you. You will not see them until after official checkin time at POR, though, so be aware you will have NO access to them.

You cannot take luggage on the Disney resort buses, by the way.

You could get yourself back to the airport and then take DME, if you wanted to. Some people feel more comfy if they give the DME people a flight number that matches the time they'll be at the airport, but most DME CMs don't need that, because they know that some people take DME on days different from when they actually arrive.

I would stay on property so you don't have to rent a car. Then you can either have Disney transfer your bags or do what I do with a split stay, just take a cab to the new resort, check in (even if its early) and if your room is not ready at POR, you can leave your bags with them and go enjoy the parks. We often do a resort day when we switch resorts and hang out at the pool at the "new" resort.

But personally I think its easier to not bother with renting a car then taking it back to the airport and taking the ME to POR. That is a time consuming process all the way around.

A cab from AoA to POR would be around $15.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter