Pre Disney Cruise holiday at WDW?

oliverweagle

Mouseketeer
Hi there - I am sure that I posted last wek with this question but can not find my post for the life of me!

My DW and DS (9 years old - and ACTIVE!) are booked on a Disney cruise next March. I'm interested in staying 2 or 3 nights at a Disney Resort before the cruise. We have never been to Disney World before so we are baffled by all the choices! As far as DS is concerned, pools and water are his biggest draw - are these operational in March? He also enjoys rollercoasters. I would think perhaps a moderate resort - but am open to all suggestions! What would you think about the Majic Kindom as we would be first timers?

Thanks!

Ollie:goodvibes

It's a great idea to do this and get them totally immersed in Disney culture before the cruise. Since you only have a few days pre-cruise, my favorite moderate resort is Port Orleans. You can choose Riverside or French Quarter. They also have awsome pools that will be open in March. They also have the water parks that you might consider doing one day.
Even the value resorts have some cool pools. If it's your first time, just get into the spirit of the "WORLD" and embrace it. Everything is such a wonder when you go the first time! Enjoy.

Thanks alot for the info! I'll look into Port Orleans. A friend told me today about Coronado Springs which he said had a great pool too. I'll see what I can find - and see how the prices look!

Cheers,

Ollie

Definently stay at WDW before the cruise. Did you ever look at the land and sea option with the cruise? I agree that the moderate resorts would be best.. they are lovely and well priced. My favorite is the French Quarter; neat themed pool. Riverside is larger and has a better food court, plus bigger pool area. It's easy to catch a bus to any of the theme parks, and with Riverside and French Quarter, you can take the river taxi to Downtown Disney. They have a lego store there that might interest your kids

We did not look at the land and sea when we initially booked the cruise - and the prices of the cruise have increased significantly since we booked. As far as WDW, I know we are going in Spring Break, but I looked into the pricing for the three of us staying at CSR with a water view (with park hopper and water park) and no food package, and it was just shy of $2,000. Is that what one should expect at this time of year? - or am I missing something?

Thanks again,

Ollie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter