Pre-Disney 1st-timer observation

Alex2kMommy

<font color=purple>I'm going a little nutso myself
So our first trip to Disneyland is a couple months away, and I am reading everything I can get my hands on, taking copious notes, and getting very excited about our vacation!

I'm beginning to plan our daily schedules, and found myself really, really wanting to see and do things that surprised me! Such as ride the teacups, the Dumbo ride, Splash Mountain...did I mention I get motion sickness and never ride these kind of things at home?? So I'm planning to get pills to prevent the motion sickness. OH! And I can't wait to lay eyes on Sleeping Beauty's castle!

So why am I so determined to do certain things? I figured it was because the kids would love them! I'm doing it for them. But then DS5 said he didn't want to ride the teacups, nor does he want to do Splash Mountain - I was horrified!

Then it hit me... These are all the things they used to show at the beginning of the Wonderful World of Disney hour on TV when I was a kid! I dreamed of doing these very things, and never got the chance. Until now!

So if you're at the park in April and wondering why there's a 40ish woman on the teacups or Dumbo all by herself, that will be me, living out a childhood dream. I CAN'T WAIT!!! :teeth:

When will you be there Alex, my dd 5 and I will be visiting for our first time in April, you are welcome to join us for the tea cups and Dumbo, we shant be doing Space Mountain. I am hoping we will do Splash Mountain.

I bet when your DS sees the actual rides there in the park you wont be going alone! :teeth:

Joanne1968, it looks like we will just miss one another, as we arrive on 4/23. Thank you for the offer, I would have loved to watch your DD's face on the rides.

I'm holding out hope that SnowBrite is right. He has never been to an amusement park before, so I'm hoping he just doesn't know what they are, and when he sees all the happy kids on them he will change his mind...and make Mama's day!

Wow... doesnt this just scream to us, to be careful of what our kids watch? I remember those tv shows too... and I just wish todays kids were exposed to only innocent stuff like those days. The worst thing I saw on TV was when Marlin Perkins showed a antelope getting chased down by a mountain lion!
(THAT was trama enough for any 4 year old! ) :scared:

Oh, gosh, Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom! I haven't thought of that in decades! Yes, that was pretty traumatic every week, wasn't it? :eek:

Hey, we'll probably be there around the same time. We get there April 25th.
I have been the same way as you. My poor husband keeps telling me I'm getting way more excited about this trip than my poor kids are. They are excited, don't get me wrong. But I am THRILLED. I've bought 2 different guides and have been making lists of what we'll be doing each day, so as to fit everything possible into 3 short days!
But they'll thank us later, right? :lmao:

Thats a shame we will miss each other Alex. I am way more excited than dd, I am not including her too much in the planning because, a five year olds time frame just doesnt work the same as a 37 year olds.

I am doing the same, reading guidebooks and online references, creating a notebook of information and getting revved to go! DH thinks I'm going a bit overboard, but looks on in amusement. DS5 is excited about some things, and about others (I am sure he will enjoy) he just says, "No, I don't want to see that." Annoying...but not enough to dampen my enthusiasm. Eight more weeks!!!

WHOA! Joanne1968, weren't we both 'Earning Our Ears'? I just noticed we are now labeled 'Mouseketeer'! What happened?

Goodness Alex I hadn't noticed, I may have to buy some golden ears now! I think that proves I am spending too much time here, I think maybe I should go to work now.

:cool1: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo:

Have a great trip! My BIL gets motion sickeness on rides too and he swears by ginger tablets ( you can get these any any health food store) - he says it helps with the motion sickness without the drowsiness from the Dramamine. Maybe take both and see if the ginger may work if not try the Dramamine.

Have fun!1 We are taking our first trip to DL in June :teeth:

Alex2kMommy said:
But then DS5 said he didn't want to ride the teacups, nor does he want to do Splash Mountain - I was horrified!

Our boys won't ride the teacups, but they LOVE the Francis Ladybug ride in DCA. It's the same type of spin around ride, but you don't go as fast, and it's shorter. Much more enjoyable for the younger crowd, I think.

I may be a little optimistic, but I'm hoping to do darn near everything that any of us wants to do! Thought DH might be interested in the thrill rides, but he says not so much, except for a couple he remembers from his youth. I was thinking for DS1 we'd do whatever he is allowed to do, and use the baby swap for whatever he can't. DS5 I was picturing him doing everything baby brother can do, plus most things he was eligible height-wise for, but he apparently has his own mind...darn it!

A friend is giving me a video of some DL footage; not sure exactly what it is, except that it shows rides and plays music from the rides. DS5 is having a little trouble with the descriptions of rides, I think, but when he sees the commercials on TV, he squeals, "I want to do that! And that!" So we'll see, he may come around to my way of thinking after all. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter