pre-date setting planning?

stitchfan18

DIS Veteran
My DBF (Soon to be DF) and I are planning an August 5, 2008 wedding. I've been dreaming of having a Disney wedding since I can remember, and we've already decided that we are going to have one next August. I know you can't book the date until it's a year out, but i'm so excited, I want to start planning it now! Is there anything I can do before August planning wise, or do I have to wait until we reach the year away mark?
Also, should I be expecting to call August 5, 2007 to book my location and time, or will most of the venues still be open if I wait for a couple weeks after we reach the year mark?
Thanks so much for any help. I'm new to this section to the board, but i'm sure it'll be very helpful over the next year and a half!

Hi,

Go to disneywedding.com. And make a wish book. It will give you lots of things to look at. Order the DVD. That's fun to watch too.

I would say that if you want a specific day, then call exactly at the year mark just to make sure you get what you want.

I called a few days before the year mark, and they marked down the date we wanted. Heard back with a confirmation a few days after the 1 year mark. Upon reflection, I should have waited until the 1 year mark exactly, cause the waiting nearly gave me a nervous breakdown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter