Pre-cruise Ron Jon Resort Info/experience?

sdptalk

Mouseketeer
We have a 2 bedroom booked for our pre-cruise stay in May. I have read some wonderful things about the resort...and some not so wonderful things.

Anyone out there with an experience to share?

Sandy P.

Yes, I do! :wave:

Ask away......we are a family of 4 with two kids...they were 6 and 8 at the time. We definitly spent more $$ to stay here...did 2 nights prior to (surprise! pixiedust: ) DCL cruise. The reason I mention the 2 nights, is there is too much to do there to get your $$'s worth if you are only spending one afternoon or night before the next AM getting on the ship.

It is a great way to start a vacation! Don't take the shuttle to the beach....get off your rears and walk the measly 1/4 mile to the wonderful beach/ocean!
Restaurant on site only serves dinner so be prepared with munchies or better yet, go down the street tothe grocery store and load up! Fridge and microwave in your room make this great!
Pools and water slide are fabulous! :thumbsup2
Clean and well done with mini golf, free movies, and very nice indoor children's play structure (like at Chuck E. Cheese or the like).

Call a cab (arrange through the excellent concierge lady) to take to the DCL terminal anytime you like the AM of departure! Cheap! :teeth: Great service and make sure you do arrange this ahead of time 'cause she knows there are only certain cab/taxi companies who are allowed in the Disney terminal for security reasons.

The only reason I wouldn't recommend this place is for people staying such a short time before the cruise....not worth he $$ then. Extend you vacation to 2 days prior to cruise and you will not be disappointed! ;)

We just stayed there in Feb for 2 nights and really felt the facilities were great. We stayed in a 2 BR suite as well and they are huge and we really enjoyed stretching out prior to knowing how cramped we were going to be on the cruise! I even did laundry the night before the cruise - it was only 2 days worth, but it helped us get through and I didn't have to do it on the ship (there was 2 packages of laundry soap and Bounce sheet in room for you to use). Kids loved the lazy river and slide although we didnt spend a lot of time there as it was unfortunately raining and cooled down the 2 days we were there. We did mini golf, basketball, tennis and walked the beach. We ate dinner at their restaurant which hit the spot. The kids also loved playing in the kids rooms and my DH watched a movie one night in their theatre. THere is lots to do.

we stayed there last month only for overnite. the price of the 2bdrm was about 300, but i did not think that was over priced, as we had 3 family groups (6 of us) and this allowed us to each have a little privacy but yet be together. was about the price of 3 separte hotel rooms would have been but more fun. wish we could have stayed long enough to check out the facilities. the rooms were great. had a rental car so did not have to worry about the shuttle/taxi issue. ate at the restaurant, it was good. was not open for breakfast, so hit mcdonalds (very busy place to go just before the cruise)

Oh, forgot to mention that you need to go to the top floor looking out (?south) towards the ocean the morning you leave and look out at your Magic or Wonder cruise ship! It is absolutely the most priceless video or still pictures you will take! SO fun to remember the first time you looked out and saw what FUN you were about to be had! :thumbsup2

Hi we stayed in a studio suite last May Prior to our cruise.
The kids loved it especially the pool we got an AAA rate of $99.00 per night.
There was plenty of room for the couple of nights the girls slept on the pull out (they were 8 and 9) and we felt we had a bargain.
We ate in the bar side of the restaurant and the food was good and the staff were really friendly.
Would definately stay there again it gets a big :thumbsup2 from us.
Chucklechops

Great Place! We were in a 2 br in Jan. Clean, well maintained, friendly staff, lots to do. The restaurant dinner was as good as any on the Magic. Easy to see the Magic/Wonder come into port at 4:30am. Staying there again in May.

Sue

Thanks again everyone! I was a little worried that we should have stayed at the Radisson, but I think the kids will have more fun at Ron Jon's.

We also stayed in the 2 BR. I booked about 11 months out and the rates were VERY good. I think is was about $224 for the night. We had 2 adults, 1 teen, and 3 children. There was more than enough room. You will love your stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter