• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pre-cruise paranoia??

DisneyMamaMG

WDW Veteran
The DIS has been such a great source of planning/packing info for our families first cruise - we leave in 11 days for a 4 day Wonder trip. I've been totally excited about this for months, but all of a sudden, I'm in panic mode that someone is going to get sick or something is going to happen that is going to ruin the whole thing. I'm now obsessively reading threads about jellyfish stings and seasickness instead of all the fun stuff. Am I the only one that gets nutty like that?? :scared1:

You are not obsessive at all! Even after 62 Disney cruises, we had a fit of paranoia today about our flights and changed 'em to the day before for our cruise this weekend. It seems to be human nature to worry that something can go wrong. Don't be surprised if you have dreams of oversleeping and missing the boat or something similar.

But once you are on board, you can breathe a sigh of relief and it will all be worth it. :goodvibes

I know exactly how you feel as I am feeling the same paranoia - I am convinced that something is going to go wrong and ruin the trip we have been 2 years planning!

I feel both better and more normal! Thanks for your replies - I think it's just a part of the whole vacation process. I'm sure we'll all have fantastic times on our cruises!

:flower3:

I felt the same way. I had been wanting to go on a Disney cruise for so long. It took 2 years of planning, excitement, and saving. The closer the cruise got, the more nervous I got that something would happen. Like one of the kids breaking a leg, one of us getting sick and not being able to go. The tiniest headeache, or scratchy throat got me worried. When my DS told me a day before the cruise he had a stomach ache, I just about cried. :rotfl: I kept asking him "are you ok? are you feeling better? how bad does it hurt? does anything else hurt?" Thank goodness it was nothing. I guess what I am trying to say is, it's normal! Well, at least for me it is! :thumbsup2

It is normal to feel this way...especially considering how far in advance you start planning and paying. I get like this always before big trips. More so especially with cruises. You'll feel so much better once you get on board! Hope you have a wonderful cruise!! :)

No roller-blading, no climbing the tree in the front yard, if you have the slightest headache/earache you will swallow Tylenol!, no sleepovers the week before (might share germs) ... nope not paranoid. Not me.

No roller-blading, no climbing the tree in the front yard, if you have the slightest headache/earache you will swallow Tylenol!, no sleepovers the week before (might share germs) ... nope not paranoid. Not me.

I always set 3 different alarm clocks the night before we leave so that I don't oversleep and miss the plane. :lmao:

I always set 3 different alarm clocks the night before we leave so that I don't oversleep and miss the plane. :lmao:

:rotfl2: I set 4 'cuz of the same thing (and make sure that one of them has a battery back-up in case the power should blip)!

I force my kids to get Airborne for at least a week before we go to WDW - I'm sure it will be the same before the cruise!

I force my kids to get Airborne for at least a week before we go to WDW - I'm sure it will be the same before the cruise!

Another Airborne junkie here! We all take it for a week before we go anywhere. Also, I severely limit the amount of sugar DD eats before a vacation for two reasons: 1) Sugar decreases your immune system. 2) On vacation, I tend to let her have whatever she wants, within reason of course. You'll be fine..have a great time!!!

I had a dream (well it was more like a nightmare) once that I missed getting back on the ship while we were at Nassau. I was stuck there and I didn't have my passport with me. (In my dream, we had to have passports for traveling on the cruise) I was just standing there screaming for the captain to turn the ship around and come back and get me. The weirdest thing about it was that I had to get on an elevator to get back on the ship! :confused3 I know, it was a very strange dream.

So, yes, I am part of this group that nearly has panic attacks prior to their cruise vacation! :sad2:

Airborne is the best! I got over a vicious sinus infection not too long ago, so I will have plenty of it in my luggage. I prefer the gummi lozenges rather than the stuff you drink.

Me too! My dreams get pretty wild a couple of weeks before the cruise.

The first time my sister cruised with me, my brother-in-law was to drive us to the airport. He wanted to 'just run to the office' for a few minutes before coming back and picking us up. Sister screamed "NO!" and practically sat on him till it was time to go. :lmao:

Sounds like me! I start threatening DD "Don't you get sick!". Right now I'm trying to clear up a case of double swimmer's ear, and we don't leave for almost 3 weeks!

The DIS has been such a great source of planning/packing info for our families first cruise - we leave in 11 days for a 4 day Wonder trip. I've been totally excited about this for months, but all of a sudden, I'm in panic mode that someone is going to get sick or something is going to happen that is going to ruin the whole thing. I'm now obsessively reading threads about jellyfish stings and seasickness instead of all the fun stuff. Am I the only one that gets nutty like that?? :scared1:

Looks like we will be on the same cruise Aug 24-28. :goodvibes We have been planning our first cruise since February and I've made note of all the great Dis hints, and made many lists, etc. (You'd think we were traveling to a 3rd world country where we couldn't get anything we may have forgotten.)Now I am in panic mode because we leave for DW this Sat morning and still have so much to do. :scared1: Six months have flown by. But ready or not we will be on that plane.:cool1:

Janet
:moped:

I just returned on the 10th from our 1st Land/Sea and was in my usual panic mode before ANY trip!!:scared1: I find that the older I get the more I worry about sickness, not getting everything done, forgetting things, weather, etc. I am fine when I get there, until I have to pack to come home!! This was especially true on the 3-night cruise when I had to have suitcases out at 11!:scared1: I just made it after dinner and show and spent most of the night stressing! We plan to do a 7-night in 2010 so I hope that it will be less hectic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter