Pre cruise nights in San Juan?

mcrabeck

DIS Veteran
Hi- Looking to cruise out of San Juan in February, anyone have recommendations for a 2 night pre cruise stay? Thanks in advance!

We've stayed on the beach and in Old San Juan. We like Old San Juan much better. We stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan, which is within walking distance of several restaurants, shopping, the forts, etc.

Depends on what you want to do there.

If I wanted the beach I might stay at embassy suites because it's walking distance. Old San Juan I would stay at the Sheraton or at hotel el convento.

We thought he middle ground would be nice and stayed at the Caribe Hilton. What ended up happening was that it was a taxi/Uber for everything, with nothing in walking distance.

We'll do el convento in the future.

I think bumbershoots advice is good, if you are looking for beach time I would stay in the condado area, if you're looking to explore a little more then stay in old San Juan.

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort for four days after my Disney Cruise and it was wonderful. It was right on the beach, staff was great and I had a great ocean view room. At the time of my visit the nightlife dancing in the hotel was very popular with some of the locals. As much as I enjoyed this place the next time I find myself in San Juan I want to stay at Hotel El Convento in Old San Juan. I had drinks at that hotel one evening and it was beautiful and the location was prefect for the things I like to see while visiting San Juan.

We also stayed at Caribe Hilton. We were only there for 1 night and there were enough restaurants on property that we were fine (Benihana, Italian). In fact, that was some of the best Italian we've ever had - funny enough. I would easily stay there again.

We stayed at the Sheraton already mentioned. Entirely because it was paid for with Starwood points. It was just OK, but totally fine for a couple of nights. Super close to everything.

Did anyone find a deal for El Convento. When we priced it out, it was very expensive and we need two rooms. That was for late January when all of the hotels are more money.

Did anyone find a deal for El Convento. When we priced it out, it was very expensive and we need two rooms. That was for late January when all of the hotels are more money.

Believe it or not, the prices started coming *down* the closer we got to our xmastime trip. If I hadn't been emotionally invested in staying where I'd chosen I would have changed.

We have always enjoyed Condado Plaza Hilton.

We've stayed here and really enjoyed it. Short taxi ride or a bit of a long walk to old town. Beach is nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter