Pre-Cruise hotel close to MCO

PinkMagnolia

I love the Haunted Mansion
I'm looking for a smart pre-cruise hotel close to MCO. Our flight will be getting in during the evening. We're a family of four with twin DS12. We'd like to spend in the $150-ish range (but would love to spend less!)

I'm looking for a hotel with:
2 Queen-sized beds (doubles won't work for us)
Free Shuttle from MCO to hotel
Free breakfast
Don't need an awesome pool as we *probably* won't use it

I'm looking for a smart pre-cruise hotel close to MCO. Our flight will be getting in during the evening. We're a family of four with twin DS12. We'd like to spend in the $150-ish range (but would love to spend less!)

I'm looking for a hotel with:
2 Queen-sized beds (doubles won't work for us)
Free Shuttle from MCO to hotel
Free breakfast
Don't need an awesome pool as we *probably* won't use it

Just stay right at the airport at the Hyatt MCO.

We have stayed at both the Residence Inn near MCO and the Hampton Inn Gateway village. Both have free shuttles and both were great stays. RI was within walking distance to a chili's and Hampton Inn was near a Bonefish and Carrabba's within walking distance. We stayed on points both times so I'm not sure of prices but I would recommend both.

Staying at MCO Hyatt would be fabulous, but I'm really looking for something that meets all the criteria above. With 2 bottomless pit 12-year olds, a complimentary breakfast is awesome :) and something I'm willing to take a short shuttle for.

I will look at the suggestions above - thanks - my head is just spinning from looking at hotel reviews, so if there are any other suggestions of positive experiences from family travelers, I'd love to hear those too. Thanks again!

I was looking at the Hampton Inn and Suites at the Airport. This might work for you.

Just stay right at the airport at the Hyatt MCO.

Only they have double beds and no free breakfast.

OP, there are many suite hotels about five minutes from the airport. Residence Inn, Homewood Suites, Country Inn and Suites. They are basically all the same and for only one night, I wouldn't ruminate over it too much

Last edited:
Just to follow-up, I ended up booking the Hampton Inn - Orlando International Airport on T.G. Lee Blvd for CAN $122 (taxes in). It meets all our needs - Complimentary airport shuttle, hot buffet breakfast, and Queen beds. Looks like the rooms have been recently updated and has lots of good reviews.

In case someone else finds this thread, we are trying the Homewood Suites by the airport. Free shuttle, free breakfast, looks newly updated, and shares a parking lot with a Longhorn Steakhouse. We chose this hotel because, for the price of 1 room at the Hyatt, we were able to get a 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms. This allows my daughter to go to bed early while the adults continue to hang out and having 2 bathrooms in the morning is a big deal. We are willing to shuttle bank and forth for all the other benefits.

We just stayed at that Hampton on TG Lee Blvd. 2 weeks ago before our cruise. We had no issues and my kids loved the free breakfast. For the price I thought it was worth it

We just stayed at that Hampton on TG Lee Blvd. 2 weeks ago before our cruise. We had no issues and my kids loved the free breakfast. For the price I thought it was worth it

How did you get to PC? We booked our room with this Hampton Inn for our cruise this summer and booked the Bon Voyage package through the hotel for transportation to PC from the hotel and then from PC to MCO. I haven't been able to find any feedback about others who have gone this route. Thanks!

How did you get to PC? We booked our room with this Hampton Inn for our cruise this summer and booked the Bon Voyage package through the hotel for transportation to PC from the hotel and then from PC to MCO. I haven't been able to find any feedback about others who have gone this route. Thanks!

We rented a car from Alamo at Orlando airport. We drove to PC from the Hampton the next day which was about 45-50 minutes. We left the car at Disney's parking lot which was $120 for a 7 day cruise. You can get some cheap car rentals at Alamo and it was SO easy. We will definitely be doing this from now on. It was such a time saver. We were off the ship and driving to Walt Disney world after the cruise in minutes.

We rented a car from Alamo at Orlando airport. We drove to PC from the Hampton the next day which was about 45-50 minutes. We left the car at Disney's parking lot which was $120 for a 7 day cruise. You can get some cheap car rentals at Alamo and it was SO easy. We will definitely be doing this from now on. It was such a time saver. We were off the ship and driving to Walt Disney world after the cruise in minutes.

Thanks! The room/transport package is $178, so I think we'll stick with that. Just wondered what your experience was if you'd gone this route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter