• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pre-cruise day in Miami

dalgal101

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving in Miami about 10:30am the day before our cruise in March. We are renting a car for the day. Any suggestions for activities for the day and restaurants? Me, dh, ds12 and ds8.

I'm a little curious about this, too. We get in to Miami at 4:15pm the day before our cruise. So far we are just sticking with airport and cruise port shuttles, but I wouldn't' mind renting a car for a couple of hours if we found out there was something worthwhile to do in the evening.

another vote for the everglades. Due to your timing I would go to Shark River Valley (east on hwy 41) vs several hours south to the Flamingo area (but the Ahinga Trail (everglades) near the parks entrance outside of Homestead has great animal viewing)

The tram tour is very good. If you can't reserve a seat, you can walk and see a lot of birds and alligators.

P5050050.JPG

or Turtles
P1000120.JPG

I think the Everglades sound nice, my concern is my oldest is highly susceptible to Mosquitos. He will have 40 bites per leg when someone else in the same area get 2 and this is with bug spray. I would hate for him to be covered with bites for the cruise, he scratches them until they bleed. Anyone done the zoo or the monkey jungle? We did a tiger sanctuary in Branson and it was fabulous. This sounds similar.

Miami has a nice zoo--it's spread out but you can rent pedal carts to get around--and there's a marvelous horticultural garden called Fairchild Gardens which is a marvelous place to wander.

I think the Everglades sound nice, my concern is my oldest is highly susceptible to Mosquitos. He will have 40 bites per leg when someone else in the same area get 2 and this is with bug spray. I would hate for him to be covered with bites for the cruise, he scratches them until they bleed. Anyone done the zoo or the monkey jungle? We did a tiger sanctuary in Branson and it was fabulous. This sounds similar.

Surprisingly enough on both of our treks into the everglades, we did NOT experience a bug or mosquito problem.

DW's doctor says that taking clariton beforehand and during and afterwards helps protect from the inflammation that occurs from bug bites. Heard here a few days ago that B12 reduces the chance of getting bit.

Same for us, and we took an excursion on an airboat. There must be enough creatures that eat 'em. Thanks for the B12 and Clariton suggestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter