• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pre-boarding paperwork

mrsfuzzmo

DIS Veteran
OK so I am a pre-planner and like to be in control and have everything done and in hand and ready when it is needed. My biggest pet peeve is when someone stands in line for an hour, get to the front and then has their tickets in their luggage or purse and not filled out .......AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH! Anyway, I have heard that Disney has workers looking at your docs before you get in line to make sure that they are all filled out (Yes, mine will be, of course). Someone has mentioned that you should have all the right pieces "torn" out and ready to go.
Can anyone tell me exactly which ones need to be torn out? Don't we need the entire packet?

Maureen

Oooohhh. Good question, and I want to know the answer too!
Bumping and crossing fingers for answer :D .

We just got back today from the 3/4 Wonder. I can tell you that check in and out was the EASIEST thing I have ever done! I've spent more time in line at McDonalds.

You walk in the front door and put your carry on bags on the belt to be scanned. You go up an escalator and there is a round desk right in front of you. There are castmembers there that will go through your ticket book. Don't tear anything out, just let them do it. They will put it in order for the person at the check in counter. It only took 5 minutes!

I then took them to the check in counter and gave them our Birth Certificates, photo IDs and a credit card. Again this only took about 10 minutes. We were given some info about what to do as soon as you got onboard (lunch, ressies, etc) and then we walked around the terminal.

It was very organized.

Let me know if you have any questions. I can tell you that there is no place big enough to hide. They WILL make you get off the ship...I tried.

Thank you for the speedy reply Brer. Sounds like it could not get any easier -
except the part about getting off the ship :( .

Yes, you will birth certificates for everyone in your party. Those 18 and older also need photo I.D.

The lines at the terminal are much better now. Now DCL uses one line to pull from instead of having individual lines in front of each CM. Other CM's are working the line making sure everyone has their paperwork in order. It was a much easier process this time than before.

MJ

A tip to speed you along quicker is to not stop at the first table once you are at the top of the escalator. People tend to stack up at the first few tables when there is less of a crowd at the tables further inside the terminal!

Also, don't forget if you are a repeat cruiser, there is a special line that may or may not be shorter to get your KTTW cards. When we cruised a few weeks ago, there was no one in the Castaway Club line!!

Lisa

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. FYI - If you take the DCL busses (transfers) from the airport (or disney resorts) to the port, a Disney rep is on the bus & explains everything about the documents. They tell you which documents to tear out of your booklets, what order to put them in & also give you 1 blue envelope to put all ripped-out docs in, for your whole family. Just make sure you've completed them before you go.

After you enter the terminal building & go through security and up escalators, you wait in line, or if there's no line just go right to an available check-in person. There you present the blue envelope & your passports/birth certificates & they check you in. Then you get your KTTW (key to the world) id/room key cards & a business card sized card that lists your room number. The KTTW lists your dining rotation info: 1st/2nd seating and the order of restaurants (rotation). Make sure you check this.

We had a very smooth bus ride, check-in & embarkation. We were on the first bus, though, so we did have a wait (once we checked-in) to actually get on the ship. But we were one of the first people on the boat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter