• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prayers for peace and calm in Ferguson, MO

I understand you're statement. You're correct. ANYONE who assaults an officer should understand the potential consequences that might occur because of those actions.

That being said, let me ask you, and everyone else who agrees with, you a question... why must death be the end result for being PUNCHED IN THE FACE? :rolleyes:

He wasn't shot for punching Wilson in the face. He tried to get the gun and it fired. And Wilson said Brown had reached in his pants for what he thought was a weapon and thus fired. Then stopped. Brown continued the action and Wilson fired again.

Brown was not shot for the punch to the face.

Death did not have to be the end result. But Brown's actions unfortunately made that the result.

There were no hands up surrender. That is a completely fabricated story.

Watching a press conference today. The step father repeated over and over again last night burn this place down. But won't take responsibility for saying it. His Lawyers are justifying it.

Thugs and lowlifes of the town, burned it down and now people are demanding someone take responsibility for it. They're saying the Governor or Mayor did nothing to keep Ferguson safe last night.

Who's responsible for it? The lowlifes that burned it down that's who. This is unbelievable. Tonight is going to a nightmare across the country.

So we have--police are awful, they must agree to our commands for protest. And because the police kept a low profile, now they cry sour grapes.

Quite honestly, had martial law been instituted, they would be whining for not being permitted to protest peacefully.

And the police chief hero guy--said the town needs to take responsibility.

I think this is the evidence photo of the actual 'toy' gun in the incident.
cleveland-police-officer-shoots-12-year-old-boy-04600e4e02eb25eb.jpg

My 9 yr old was just walking by while I was on this thread and said "is that an airsoft pistol?" How does he know that!?! Guns all look the same to me...

He wasn't shot for punching Wilson in the face. He tried to get the gun and it fired. And Wilson said Brown had reached in his pants for what he thought was a weapon and thus fired. Then stopped. Brown continued the action and Wilson fired again.

Brown was not shot for the punch to the face.

Death did not have to be the end result. But Brown's actions unfortunately made that the result.

There were no hands up surrender. That is a completely fabricated story.

And Wilson's story sounds fabricated also. But, he is the only one of the 2 that can tell it.
Why did Michael Brown, an 18-year-old kid headed to college, refuse to move from the middle of the street to the sidewalk? Why would he curse out a police officer? Why would he attack a police officer? Why would he dare a police officer to shoot him? Why would he charge a police officer holding a gun? Why would he put his hand in his waistband while charging, even though he was unarmed?

None of this fits with what we know of Michael Brown. Brown wasn't a hardened felon. And while he might have been stoned, this isn't how stoned people act. The toxicology report did not indicate he was on PCP or something that would've led to suicidal aggression.

Which doesn't mean Wilson is a liar. Unbelievable things happen every day. The fact that his story raises more questions than it answers doesn't mean it isn't true.

But the point of a trial would have been to try to answer these questions. We would have either found out if everything we thought we knew about Brown was wrong, or if Wilson's story was flawed in important ways. But now we're not going to get that chance. We're just left with Wilson's unbelievable story.

And Wilson's story sounds fabricated also. But, he is the only one of the 2 that can tell it.
Why did Michael Brown, an 18-year-old kid headed to college, refuse to move from the middle of the street to the sidewalk? Why would he curse out a police officer? Why would he attack a police officer? Why would he dare a police officer to shoot him? Why would he charge a police officer holding a gun? Why would he put his hand in his waistband while charging, even though he was unarmed?

None of this fits with what we know of Michael Brown. Brown wasn't a hardened felon. And while he might have been stoned, this isn't how stoned people act. The toxicology report did not indicate he was on PCP or something that would've led to suicidal aggression.

Which doesn't mean Wilson is a liar. Unbelievable things happen every day. The fact that his story raises more questions than it answers doesn't mean it isn't true.

But the point of a trial would have been to try to answer these questions. We would have either found out if everything we thought we knew about Brown was wrong, or if Wilson's story was flawed in important ways. But now we're not going to get that chance. We're just left with Wilson's unbelievable story.

I saw that same article (which I assume you're quoting). What's missed is we are also left with numerous witnesses who back Wilson's story & forensic evidence that backs it.

And on the flip side, what is the alternative? A veteran cop with no prior reprimands chooses to gun down random kid in broad daylight? That certainly doesn't fit Wilson's history, now does if?

There is the whole forensics evidence thing.:confused3

They back up Wilson's version.

And there are witnesses who also back up Wilson's version.

Those witness that back up the story of a gentle giant cooperatively surrendering with his hands up while being shot in the back--have no evidence to back it up.

Hearing them tell their tale on a trial does no good because it would be shredded by the evidence on cross examine (or when the defense would present their case and recall these witnesses).

The grand jury heard all of this. And those who told their tale that conflicted evidence changed their story.

And those they backed up Wilson....(allegedly as I have not seen it in print, yet) were black.

So what exactly could be accomplished by going to trial?

You fail to mention the fact that Brown was just moments earlier seen on camera stealing from a store brazenly (not even trying to hide it) and pushing the owner of the store out of the way when confronted, and cockily walking out the front door. I've seen the video, and that was not a non confrontational individual. That was cocky, bullyish, confrontational behaviour . So is it really such a leap to think that moments later he was cocky, bullyish and confrontational with the cop who told him to get out of the road?

Wilson's story is actually quite believable once you watch the video of the strong arm robbery Brown committed immediately prior. It speaks volumes regarding Brown's propensity for violence, willingness to do harm to others, aggressiveness, etc. The fact that Brown was walking down the big middle of the street, basically drawing attention to himself afterward, instead of laying low, tells me he had a cocky and defiant attitude. An incredibly large, strong man who is violent and full of attitude is a recipe for bad decision making.

Eighteen year olds in general are not known for making wise decisions. (View the robbery video again for proof of that.) But to commit a robbery, walk down the middle of the street drawing attention to yourself, refuse to move to the sidewalk when a policeman tells you to do so, etc., all show INCREDIBLY bad judgment. And it just got worse from there. Brown's own bad choices caused his death. Period.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Brown had gotten the gun away from Wilson, Wilson would have been dead in short order.

Why no trial? The forensic evidence backs up Wilson's story and that of the witnesses (Yes, the Black witnesses) whose testimony corroborated Wilson's story. The forensic evidence contradicts those witnesses who told stories that made Brown out to be an innocent victim. Simply put, they were lying. To take that pile of crap to trial would be irresponsible. This would be an expensive trial....hundreds of thousands of dollars to prosecute, easily. And it would be unwinnable because of the EVIDENCE. No decent prosecutor is going to take an expensive case to trial when he cannot win due to the evidence making it clear the "victim" wasn't a victim at all.

Brown may be dead, but he was no victim.

Just leaving this here

via cnn.com, but it's a USA Today study

A USA Today study found at least 70 police departments nationwide arrested blacks at a rate 10 times higher than nonblacks. Furthermore, "only 173 of the 3,538 police departments USA Today examined arrested black people at a rate equal to or lower than other racial groups."

Just leaving this here

That statistic means nothing in isolation. Nothing.

People acted as if there was some big conspiracy that Ferguson had only a few Black police officers, and acted as if it was a Whites Only Club, when in fact, it turned out Blacks just didn't tend to apply for the jobs. Why is that? I assume at least some meet the criteria. I assume the pay is decent. Could it be the job is not one that is valued within the Black community in Ferguson? I guess you'd have to ask them. But the Q&A might shine a light on WHY there are mostly White officers there. We know they are the ones applying instead of Blacks, but WHY? If Ferguson Blacks think they cannot trust White cops, why not BECOME police officers yourselves?

Statistics are just numbers without the information behind them.

Just leaving this here

What are the crime rates by race? (Not arrests.)

And link just took to main page, so I just have your quote which, as EMom said , is an isolated stastic that has no meaning other than potentially insert racism into the conversation.

So in your opinion were all those shots fired (9 I believe) justified?

Yes. I do. I think that for two reasons. One- you keep shooting until the threat has been stopped.
Two- Think of it this way. In that moment the officer pulls his gun out of his holster. As he draws it the threat is coming closer. He starts shooting as soon as he can get his gun out. Look at the position of the first bullet wound and then look at the last. I would think it was somewhat of an arc. Picture an arm swinging down to up. Picture the target moving closer. It happens in a split second. It is a flight or fight response imo.

That statistic means nothing in isolation. Nothing.

People acted as if there was some big conspiracy that Ferguson had only a few Black police officers, and acted as if it was a Whites Only Club, when in fact, it turned out Blacks just didn't tend to apply for the jobs. Why is that? I assume at least some meet the criteria. I assume the pay is decent. Could it be the job is not one that is valued within the Black community in Ferguson? I guess you'd have to ask them. But the Q&A might shine a light on WHY there are mostly White officers there. We know they are the ones applying instead of Blacks, but WHY? If Ferguson Blacks think they cannot trust White cops, why not BECOME police officers yourselves?

Statistics are just numbers without the information behind them.
You know, this is great information. From watching last night it appeared that it is a very anti- authority area and the news even said it.

Not all Black people are criminals/thugs
Not all Cops are bad
Not all White people are racists.

This is true.

There are three sides to every story yours, theirs and the truth.

Prayers for peace and understanding!

Just leaving this here

Look at shootings in Jacksonville. The majority are done by black men, on the North or West side of the city. More black men than white women are arrested in Jacksonville for shootings...why? Because they are the ones doing the shooting.

Why are there more white police officers in Ferguson? Because they are the ones going to the police academy and applying for jobs there.

This "kid" who was the size of a football player tried to get the officer's gun while punching him in his car. This was a sad thing but the cop should be given more understanding. I think the media makes this worse and eggs on the protesters. I am more liberal than many on here but to make Brown their poster boy, a thief and thug is wrong. I think instead of looting African American men in Ferguson should be applying to the police force in their community to help with any injustices they feel are happening in their community.

So, what happened to the others who assaulted officers and injured / killed multiple people in the process. Why did they get the benefit of the doubt?

thoughts?

B3TazH_CAAApdjs.jpg:large

B3TX984CUAEJYmf.jpg:large

Dillon Taylor, Unarmed
168777_143587302369824_7685329_n%5B2%5D.jpg

"Murdered" to use your word outside a 7-11 by a "non-white" police officer. There has been no riots in Utah, no looting, no fires, only minimal news coverage, and a few vigils. Officer body cam footage of the can be seen here. http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58472404-78/taylor-cruz-hands-gill.html.csp . He doesn't get a grand jury and internal investigation cleared the officer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter