Prayers for my mother please -Update in first post- she passed away on 8/11/10

perdidobay

<font color=green>Will work for travel ;-)<br><fon
Thank you for all the prayers. My mom passed peacefully with my Dad by her side holding her hands. Unfortunatly he was alone with her at the time and my sister and I were only 300 miles into a 1000 mile drive to their house. We arrived the next day and helped my dad through everything and did all we could to get things in order, cleaning out her things that my dad wanted donated, going with him to plan her memorial and see her body before the cremation.At the end of a long week, Dad rode back home with us and we had a memorial this past Saturday,here in the town they lived in for most of their life. He has been staying with me, and will head home on Saturday.
I am flat out tired, mentally and physically.

And again, thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.

..............................................................................................

I'd be grateful to those who pray for prayers of an easy passing for my Mother who was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with stage 4 lung cancer. She has been in bad health for years and not mobile, and suffers with daily pain. She wisely decided to forgo painful treatment that would only give her up to two more months. Hospice is helping out as well as home health services.
They live 1000 miles away from us 3 daughters- moved away when they retired.

Prayers also for my father, they have been married 62 years, since they were 17 and 18.

I will definitely keep your mother, and your entire family in my prayers. :grouphug: I am so sorry she is in so much pain.

If you need a shoulder, I am here. If you just need to vent about anything, positive or negative, this is a great place to do it.

We will support you...:hug:

So sorry to hear about your mum, this must be a sad and difficult time for your whole family.

Thinking of you all all.:grouphug:

I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. I know how hard the distance is, truly. My heart is breaking for your dad too, such a wonderfully long time to be in love with your wife.:hug:

Thank you all :hug: Her name is Mary.
The hardest part for me is taking my two daughters in a few weeks to see her one last time, possibly for my last time too. They estimate she has 2 months to live.
My girls are 34 and 26 and both are really close to her. My youngest was named for her, and my oldest holds a special place in my Mom's heart as she was born 2 weeks before my sister died at the age of 24. I think loving on my dd got my Mother through that.

Your DD's will retain beautiful memories of their Grandmother. That is a wonderful gift to have. I am 41, lost mine at 16, and have not had a SINGLE day go by since that I have not thought of her. I cherish every memory I have of her.

It is impossible now to think of anything positive, so i just continue to send prayers for strength for your whole family.. God bless :hug:

Prayers also for my father, they have been married 62 years, since they were 17 and 18.[/QUOTE]

Prayers to you and your family. May your mom be comfortable and pain free in her last days.

I understand your concern about your dad. My mom died from breast cancer four years ago at 64. Her and my dad started dating when they were 15, married when they were 18 and never knew anything else. My dad still struggles with my mom's death. She made sure he knew how to pay the bills, do the wash, make the bed, etc and he keeps a cleaner house than any woman I know, but it's the loneliness. He does okay during the day - he's a Shriner and drives for the Shriner's Burn Hospital in Galveston taking the kids/parents back and forth to the airport, but he says the nights are hard. We see him often and talk to him every day, but we can't fix the loneliness.

Hugs to all of you and keep an eye on your dad - maybe he'll move closer to his daughters.

It is never easy to lose a parent or loved one... I hope that Hospice is wonderful for them and that they give them the tools for her to pass without pain... I have to say, going through Hospice with my husband, I did not find it easy, the most difficult thing I have ever done and one that I am emotionally scarred from... what I want for her and for her family is a peaceful passing, I am praying for that for all of you... hugs.

Just back from my last visit to see my mother.
I have no words, I'm just so sad. :sad1:

:hug: So sorry.
It must be a comfort for your mum to have such a caring daughter.

Take care, thinking of you and your family
:grouphug:

Quasar

:hug: I wish there was something magical to make it go away. I will pray for strength now :littleangel:

You & your parents are in my prayers. I lost my uncle to pancreatic cancer a couple of months ago. He was diagnosed about 4 weeks before he died. I found out that he was having some pain before he went to the doctor. They did a good job of controlling his pain at the end. I lost DF in 1998, MIL in 1999, & GM in 2000. Death is never easy, but it makes it easier to realize that their pain is over. Your parents are lucky to have you as a daughter.

Thank you all for the prayers for my family. I got a call tonight from my father.
My Mom has gotten much worse in the last few days. He is hurting as he doesn't want to say goodbye yet but he doesn't want my Mom in pain. Thankfully hospice is so helpful, but they are no replacement for family. I will be heading back out to help him later this week.
Thanks again everyone. :hug:

Hugs and prayers to you and your family. Saying goodbye is a tough thing to do - hoping hospice can keep your mom comfortable during her last days. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter