Prayers and thoughts, please. #29/40 sm updates

WOW--he is so young. Did he have any symptoms or indications of heart issues or the blockages? Prayers for everyone in your family!!

His birth mom is extreamly over weight, diabeaties, and high blood pressure.

They think he had a mimi heart attack 2 weeks ago. He woke up around 2 the one more, with what he thought was a Gerd attack. Slight pain in his chest and down his left arm, but it was mainly coughing and burbing, until he threw up twice.

They have been keeping an eye on his sugar levels. He came in with a 330 level. He has been getting shots 3 times a day. They want to keep him right around 100.

The one nurse in ICU said that in the past month, they have had a 37, 35, and 32 year old heart attacks admited.

His birth mom is extreamly over weight, diabeaties, and high blood pressure.

They think he had a mimi heart attack 2 weeks ago. He woke up around 2 the one more, with what he thought was a Gerd attack. Slight pain in his chest and down his left arm, but it was mainly coughing and burbing, until he threw up twice.

They have been keeping an eye on his sugar levels. He came in with a 330 level. He has been getting shots 3 times a day. They want to keep him right around 100.

The one nurse in ICU said that in the past month, they have had a 37, 35, and 32 year old heart attacks admited.

Except for the heart attack that was me last year. I hit the trifecta, had a stroke found out I was diabetic and blocked arteries.

Right now things seem to be dire, but after the operation things will start looking up fast. In a day or two he will be up walking. Within six months you won't be able to keep up with him.

Wow, definitely will keep you in my prayers. I can relate bc my twin brother and only sib had a heart attack a few months ago, in his 40s. I was so competely shocked by this. My father also had one last year but my twin brother? I was really floored. He isn't even really overweight or anything. He is doing well now, totally completely changed his diet of eating tons of steak and bacon and eggs and cheese everyday and smoking and drinking beer. Good luck and sending positive thoughts and prayers.

Prayers and hugs to you. My DH52 also was at great risk, but he ignored his symptoms and refused to take his meds regularly.....he died of a massive heart attack on 10/10/10, leaving me and 4 kids behind. I am SO glad your husband is listening to the doctors. Preventative care and intervention can mean you can grow old together- something I will now miss the opportunity to have with MY DH.

Lots of prayers, pixie dust and crossed fingers for his QUICK recovery! Tell him to keep his chin up and hang in there, and let the doctors do the rest! HIS work will begin post-op....with the rehab and following Dr's orders.

Small update.

They ended up doing a quad bypass on Monday. The Dr said there was a lot of damage in there.

He is going home on insuline. The diabetes educator was in yesterday afternoon to talk with us some. We got his meter. Since my dad is diabetic, I called him and asked which meter he used and got DH the same one. DH didn't care what he got. I figure if we have any issues with the meter, having the same one as dad would make it easy to go to him for help.

He seems to be doing ok. Grumpy as all get out, but who wouldn't be. I keep telling myself it's not personal. I have been trying to spend as much time as I can up there. He got mad last night when I left at 9. I just had to tell him, and myself to keep from feeling guilty, that I have to go home and spend some time with the kids and get some sleep, otherwise they'll be shoving him outta the bed so I can have it when I drop from not taking care of myself.

DH's best friend is scheduling emergancy vacation. He is a police officer down in Arkansas and as soon as I called him, he wanted to know when did I need his help. If I had said DH was critical and we could lose him, he would have been on his way home when I talked to him at 4 a.m. Saturday morning. He is going to be a god send.

Your support and well wishes are greatly appreciated!!!!

:hug: Take your own advice and take care of yourself and get some rest.

Yes, do get some rest. You are right in believing that you will drop yourself if you don't and you will need your strength.

My best wishes to your DH. My father had this surgery twice and he did not do the right things but he lived for many, many years afterward.

Best wishes, thoughts and prayers for you and DH. And it sounds like he has a great support system.;)

Glad surgery went well and that he is returning home. Amazing what doctors can do. Take care of yourself. You count too. :hug:

Your husband has been through a lot. So have you. I wish him a speedy recovery. And jen, make sure you take care of yourself. :hug:

My FIL had a quintuple bypass when he was 59. One thing a co worker told me that was unexpected was that heart patients sometimes have very emotional phases. I'm not trying to worry you at all. But FIL who is very stoic, stayed with us for several weeks during his recovery. He did get a little emotional especially around our dd, who was his only grandchild back then.

So I guess I'm trying to prepare you if your dh seems a little out of character at first. FIL has since returned to his former self!!!

My Thoughts and prayers are with you and family during this time. I pray that your husband will have a speedy recovery and that this brings you all closer and makes the bonds of your marriage and family stronger. Take care:hug:

Ill keep your family in my prayers. You are doing great, getting some rest for yourself is just as important.

Again, many thanks for the thoughts of those that post, as wells as to those that just look.

Friday, the one heart Dr said that Dh would be coming home Saturday. Well, Saturday morning the Dr that did the actual surgery, came in and said that it may be Sunday or Monday. DH's legs from the calf's down are really swollen.

They gave DH a med thru his iv port to help reduce the swelling. I swear he was going to the bathroom every 30 - 45 minutes. It was a never ending round of helping him outta the bed or chair. We did take a couple of walks around the ward, as well.

I can tell DH is getting antsy to get out of there. He called me 3 times Saturday morning, the first on being at 6:19 because he was bored and wanted to know how soon I would be up there. Told him that I would be there at 9. I had to stop and get him a new pair of slippers, as one of the dogs took their seperation stress out on his slipper and made it a chew toy.

It would be nice if Dh comes home Sunday, as DS leaves Monday for church camp. It would be nice to have his help for aleast one day before he leaves. DD already knows she will be playing nurse for dad while I am at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter