• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prayers and Pixie Dust needed.....

Ohanamom

DVC Member~BCV & Vero Beach
Hi All,

I know I have been absent from the board for some time (due to being busy with my childrens school and PTO), but I wanted to ask everyone to please send lots of prayers, pixie dust, good thoughts, etc. to our county and our state.

I live in Port Saint Lucie (St. Lucie County) and as I am sure you all know our county was the hardest hit this past weekend by Hurricane Frances. Fortunately our home and neighborhood were spared any major damage but the city of Ft. Pierce, which is not more than 10 minutes north of us, was not as lucky.

So many in our county are still without power and are having to wait in long lines for hours to get just the necessities of ice, water, MRE's, and most of all gas. The lines for gas here are unbelievable!

Several stores like Publix & Winn Dixie, along with drug stores, restaurants, and gas stations are just now starting to re-open as they too have been without power. If you could only see the long lines in all of these places you would be amazed. We have county wide curfews and the National Guard are everywhere.

Clean-up is still underway on the west coast of FL, it has only just begun here on the east coast and NOW to make things even worse, it looks like Ivan is going to impact us as well (as of this morning they say if Ivan continues on it's current path, it could make landfall around the Punta Gorda area)

So please...keep all of our state and those most recently affected by these 2 hurricanes in your thoughts and prayers. Also if you would like to consider making a donation to the Red Cross, I have provided a link to do so. The Red Cross (along with other charities like Convoy of Hope) have just been wonderful in helping to provide ice and water daily to those in need, from sunup to sundown.

Thank you everyone!

Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund

Sending you loads of pixie dust and prayers for all in Florida. I cannot imagine what it must be like to have to go thru these last 2 hurricanes and now wondering about a third.

We have not had a direct hit here in Connecticut since 1985 when we had Gloria. I was a junior in high school and the night before it was to hit was our "ring night" to get class rings. I remember going out to Burger King afterwards with my friends and they had all the windows taped up. We were lucky not to get much damage, mostly just trees down and no power for up to a week. We are due for a good one, only had a few misses that we prepared for.

Stay safe and best wishes for things getting close to normal soon.:grouphug:

I am glad you were spared the brunt of the storm and hope you fair as well with Ivan. Ivan already sounds as if he will be a really bad storm.

Our families thoughts and well wishes go out to you and yours and everyone in FL.

Mal

Laura- Thanks for posting. I've been wondering how you and the other Floridians have been doing. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

:hug:

Prayers to you and everyone in Florida, and may Ivan veer off in a different direction.

I feel for you Ohanamom, we are doing lots of clean up here in Melbourne, Fl. too. Ivan needs to go to Oz and stay away from Florida. If this keeps up we will be an island. My prayers & pixie dust go out to all that were affected by Charley & Frances. Thanks also to all the relief & help people have offered this Sunshine state. Peace Everyone! :sunny:

Much prayers and pixie dust coming your way! Stay safe!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

:grouphug:

SAending lots of PD your way................

Laura ~ I know exactly what you're going through. I live in Stuart. We've been living on canned foods because the stores haven't gotten any fresh diary, meat or produce in yet. We don't even have time to recover from Frances and we have to get ready in case Ivan comes. The kids are missing so much school too. I just got a message from Martin County School Board saying they won't even be ready for them to go back until Tuesday, but if Ivan comes this way they won't go then either.

Thank you again everyone for the prayers and pixie dust.

Sandy~
If there is anything that I can do for you in the way of helping out please let me know. Please feel free to pm me.

I know what you mean about the school situation...the other day they said St. Lucie County schools were closed indefinately because 2/3 of the schools in the county were damaged. Now they are saying they will go back to school starting this coming Thursday. Only thing is they will have to make up for all the days they were out so I am sure the kids will have to go a week or two into the summer.

Sending prayers and pixie dust your way as well!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter