Prayers and Pixie dust needed for my 4 year old **update pg 9**

Sending lots of P&PD your way!!!

I ended up going to Philly for medical reasons and they are really good!!!

CHOP is an excellent facility - I know your son will be well cared for. :grouphug: and prayers for a speedy recovery. Kids are amazing in their ability to bounce back. Keep us posted.:lovestruc

Hi, just read your post. Living in the Philly area was I so happy you are going to CHOP> My other choice would be Dupont in Delaware. If I am not mistaken, the Ronald McDonald house is right at CHOP. Not sure of the criteria for lodging but you can call them and maybe they could recommend a hotel in the area. If not, send me a personal message and I will try to see if I can be of some other kind of help. Please let us know you DS first name so I can put her on the pray list at the parish where I work. I will also call his name into the Pink Sisters. They are a cloister order of nuns in Philly that do nothing but pray for special intentions. I am sure there is sunshine at the end of this storm. Keep the faith, God bless

My sons first name is Johnathon. Thank you soo much for the kind words and support. Please add him to any and every prayer list.

Thanks again to everyone! The dis is such a great source of support. It does mean so much during crappy times, I hope that soon i can be asking wdw trip advice or helping boost the spirit of another diser who is in a tough spot.

You just take care of yourself and let the prayers and worrying to your dis friends. It will all be fine. God bless Johnathan and your family. Let me know if you need help finding a place to stay

You just take care of yourself and let the prayers and worrying to your dis friends. It will all be fine. God bless Johnathan and your family. Let me know if you need help finding a place to stay

Thanks again, I am so out of it I spelled his name wrong in my first post! It is Johnathon.

hugs, prayers and pixie dust for your whole family.:hug::pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

:)
Thanks again, I am so out of it I spelled his name wrong in my first post! It is Johnathon.

Thats okay, Just wait till you get to be 60 and call them by the wrong name! Have magical dreams and get a good night's rest! Keep us posted with the MRI.

Does anyone know of a clean, decent hotel

Not familiar with Philly, but if you belong to a church, try 'sister churches'. When DS was in hospital 90 miles away, that's what I did. Stayed with a church family nearby.

:grouphug:

Sending good wishes for your son.

Sending strength and patience for you and your family. It is difficult being the caregiver. You have to remain strong even when you are exhausted and don't know what to do next.

Prayer and remaing postive have gotten me through some very difficult times. Set a goal for something really positive to look forward to. It really helped me to think ahead to my goal as I was going through my treatments.

Please keep us posted. You have people who care.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

Thanks you everyone for the kind words and support. I am just trying to stay calm and busy today. Tomorrow is the MRI, I am more worried about telling him that he cant eat all morning then anything else. My brother is comming from Nyc to go with us so my husband can try to save up days off just in case. I will be sure to post how the mri and sedation go for us.

When my youngest was about 1yr old, we had to take her to chop for a MRI of her brain. If I remember correctly, even though she was sedated, they allowed me to be in the room with her during the MRI. I was glad that I could be in the room with her.

Good luck to your son and your family.

My 6 year old had brain surgery last year at Children's Hosptial in Denver. I assume that Children's Hospital in Philadelphia is similar to our hospital here. The entire staff at the hospital is amazing. They deal with kids all day everyday and know what they are doing. They have tons of tips and tricks to make the entire experience easier on the kids (and parents too). Take comfort that you are in good hands! I know it's scary but you would be surprised how strong and resilient kids are.

Maggie

PS - Forgot to mention, dh and I got to go into all of her mri's with her. She actually did without the sedation a couple of times. During those mri's they have a dvd player in the machine. She got to pick which dvd she wanted to watch while she was in there. She thought it was very cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter