Practical Vera Bradley Bag Color...

disneylovin24

~Let It Go~
I doing some debating over this so I decided to come to the Dis:goodvibes

Im looking to get a Vera Bradley mini hipster bag. My mom got me one and I love it! Problem is I am looking for a practical one, as in one I can waear with a lot of colors. My favorite patterns are all pink and I love them but I dont think they go with a lot. The one my mom got me is red and black. I think it will go with a few different things but Im not sure. What do you think? What cna a red and black bag go with and still look good?

Also, is it tacky to carry a bag that is one pattern and a wallet that is a different pattern or should I carry everything of the same pattern?

Think I need to subscribe to find out the verdict of whether I'm tacky or not.

Cannot remember the pattern name off the top of my head, but oldest DD carries an Alice in a black & white pattern that might mix more readily with everything than a lot of their patterns do.

Call me tacky, I guess. I own waaaaaaaay too many purses to have a wallet to match each and every one of them.

I think the pp might have been talking about Night and Day. I personally like Barcellona as a neutral pattern. Last Disney trip, I used a Baroque hipster and used it with whatever I wore.

Buy whatever you like....if someone is standing around at Disney thinking you're tacky because your purse and wallet don't match or your purse does not coordinate perfectly with your outfit.....it's their problem, not yours.

Probably something based in black. To be honest, though, I use my Vera bags regardless of what color I'm wearing. I have a pink one that I won at a Basket Bingo, and I use it all summer long. I also have a black floral backpack (bright floral) that I use when my pink one is too small. I don't match them to my clothing...:confused3

After purchasing 1 of the wild and crazy patterns (Vera Bradley), I went black. I have a few black pieces (diaper bag, hipster) and love them. I think I am not into those funky patterns, LOL.

A few years ago, I bought a hipster in Pinwheel Pink. Very cute but the bag was a little small for my taste.

Last fall, I got the saddle up in Java Blue. WONDERFUL fall/winter colors and I just love the bag style.

A few months ago, I got the saddle up and the sleek wallet in Hope Garden. Love, love, love them both!

Now I have my fall/winter and my spring/summer bags. I'm set (can you tell I'm not a multiple bag kind of gal? ;))

A few years ago, I bought a hipster in Pinwheel Pink. Very cute but the bag was a little small for my taste.

Last fall, I got the saddle up in Java Blue. WONDERFUL fall/winter colors and I just love the bag style.

A few months ago, I got the saddle up and the sleek wallet in Hope Garden. Love, love, love them both!

Now I have my fall/winter and my spring/summer bags. I'm set (can you tell I'm not a multiple bag kind of gal? ;))

I have the mini-hipster in Java Blue and the little card case zipper pouch thing too. I don't use it very often...it's too small for every day use. I did use it in Disney a few years ago. I'm thinking maybe I should sell it.

I use leather wallets, not VB. I don't find it "tacky" for your wallet to not match, but if I had a wallet in a color that clashed with my purse, it would probably bother me if it was really visually jarring. Honestly, I don't want my wallet to match my purse exactly because that can make it harder to find. ;)

Personally, I think the black and white bag is a really versatile choice. I sometimes feel odd when I'm wearing something that really clashes with my bag.

Night and Day is probably your best bet.
729817406.jpg

My wallet and purse don't match at all times. If that is considered tacky, then I'm tacky!:)

I use a mini hipster as an everyday purse and my wallet doesn't match.

I don't match my purse to my clothes. :)

Look at Symphony in Hue- it is a black background with a floral pattern using many colors. It should go with just about anything!
As far as the wallet matching the bag- the one drawback to that is it often blends in so well that you can't find your wallet in your bag when you are in a hurry! :)

Yes, Night & Day is the pattern DD has on her Alice.

Apparently the verdict is in, I am tacky & in good company.

I think Twirly Birds navy is fairly conservative (Vera Bradley conservative, not normal conservative.)

Well, both of this questions ended up being irrelavant for me:laughing:

My mom got me the wallet in Mocha Rouge (new favorite pattern BTW:lovestruc) and the bag in red and black was just a referrence. She is planning on returning that bag and has the bag ordered in Mocha Rouge. Mocha doesn't match everything, but I think that it will match a good percentage of things I wear! I figure it'll really match with every color I own except blue and orange, and when I wear one of those two colors I have a different bag to go with the colors.

So, now I have the wallet and bag that matches. I personally don't think it is tacky, but I couldn't do it just because I am very "exact" and couldn't handle my bags not matching:lmao:

I just got hooked on Rhapsody in Blue. It is most blues, greens, aquas against a black background. I guess it doesn't go with every color, but I think it's subtle.

I think Twirly Birds navy is fairly conservative (Vera Bradley conservative, not normal conservative.)

That is one of my favorite patterns and I think it is as neutral as you can get with a Vera.

I just got hooked on Rhapsody in Blue. It is most blues, greens, aquas against a black background. I guess it doesn't go with every color, but I think it's subtle.

THat is my absolute favorite pattern! So all my bags/accessories do match each other, because I bought everything in that color when it retired/clearanced. Also, it does go with most of my clothes because I usually am wearing some for of blue/green.

But, I say, buy what you love!

I've never bought the same Vera Bradley Color/Pattern twice:lmao:
Never bothers me to have my purse match my clothes or anything like that. But I do the love the Night and Day.:)

I have an eye glass case, wristlet and the Little Betsy bag in the Hot Dahlia pattern. I'm surprised at how much it goes with. It's my every day bag and so far I haven't clashed! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter