Practical souveniors

Didn't read all of the responses, but my favorite souvenir is my Snow White wallet, purchased at the World of Disney. It looks sort of comic book style, and I get so many compliments on it. I saw Mickey ones, too, last year, and I was tempted, but my SW one is in such great shape still. I see it every time I pay for something, and it makes me smile.

I love buying a pen on every trip to WDW. My current Tigger pen is the only thing that motivates me take notes during class (as a bonus, it distracts everyone else in my class!). When the ink runs out, it is time to go back to WDW!

Our DD's love those Disney washcloths that are so tiny and then are full size when wet! It is fun to find their favorite characters, so we always pick up a couple and they continue to enjoy them for years to come!!:laundy:

Christmas decorations are my favorites. We have many special ornaments on our tree. I look forward to decorating our tree because we get to relive our special vacation memories together too. It's the only kind of tree that I want, one that brings us closer together. Maggie

Great thread!

I bought a cup (not mug) for less than $5 and I use it EVERYDAY when I drink water, soda, juice, etc. It's clear and has red and green Mickey Mouse heads.

Food is another great item. We bought Mickeroni and Cheese last Sept. We just took it out of the pantry last week - memories! :)

Those hot chocolate variety packs are great as well. You can save them for special occasions. I think it would be great to have some Mickey Mouse hot chocolate right before getting on the plane for the next trip to WDW!

We've recently started buying kitchen items. We always buy Christmas ornaments and mugs, too. We have several mugs, but we're not coffee drinkers. We usually put ice cream in them. It makes us think we're eating less ice cream when in reality we're eating the same since we're cramming those things full! (Plus, some of the mugs we've bought are huge!) :rotfl:

Just have to say I love my Dis family!!! You guys rock with all your ideas!! We have a couple framed Mickey pictures from the Disney Catalog outlet. I think we will definitely have to check out the art store. And I have resisted buying the beach towels from the Disney store so far. I think that would be a great first purchase at DTD before we head to the beach.

Thanks so much for the ideas! And I would love to hear more!!

I get a WDW calendar! Even when we don't get to go to WDW to actually buy one, I call WDW and purchase one over the phone.....And we buy a few different beach towels every time we go.

I wanted our DD5 to choose something practical as well. I wanted it to be something she would use for at least a long while and would bring back good memories. You know what she chose? A nightgown and it's the greatest souvenier! She wears it all the time and we talk about how fun Disney was!

Now I think we have a new family tradition. I'm going to get all the kids (we also have 1 y/o twins who did not do Disney this last time) pj's whenever we travel. They are fun, useful and you can never have enough pj's!

Ornaments -as several people have said - make great souvenirs. We do this for all traveling, not just Disney. It is so nice decorating our tree each Christmas - as we pull each ornament out, we get to remember the good times we had on each trip - it's a wonderful family tradition!

We have a coaster & wine charm set (Mickey through the ages), Mickey wine bottle stopper/topper, and an ornament from every trip. On our first family trip in 1997 our only souvenier was a set of those blue-rimmed water glasses and a pitcher with Mickey heads etched into the glass. We use those glasses every single day :)

My older kids (14 and 12) bought watches as their main souvenier this past Easter. They've learned that practical souveniers are sometimes the best because you use and see them more often!

Have gotten alot of great ideas here!!! :love: Thanks!!! I have so many pins and landyards, statues, etc, that my DH will be happy if I just buy "practical" souveniors!:rotfl: :rotfl:
I have a Mickey toaster that someone here spoke of and I have a Mickey waffle iron, (2) Mickey tea-for-one cup and teapots,a Mickey watch that I bought on a very special trip to the World, (will be getting another in August) and I have a set of pearl earrings that I was lucky enough to get in Epcot at the Japan Pavilion.
I also have many, many tee-shirts, sweatshirts and I also have two blankets that I got in the Mexico Pavilion!
Think this "practical" stuff might be a good idea because if I continue, we are going to have to buy another house!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

We started buying magnets from the places we visit. That way we have a constant reminder everytime we go to the fridge!

I saw this last trip and thought it would be a great inexpensive gift to bring home. It is a bottle of honey in the shape of Pooh (similar to the ones at the grocery store that are in the shape of a bear). It was only $4.50. I found it in the Pooh shop outside the Winnie the Pooh ride. I also saw it in a shop at DTD, but I have no idea where.

I even tried to buy it with a snack credit, but no luck there!!

I am loving the beach towel idea. Where is the best place to buy a beach towel? Preferably outside of the parks as we are visiting the beach before the parks. DTD or a cheapie souvenir place? Would they have them at outlets yet?

On our honeymoon almost 10 years ago I bought a really cute Winnie the Pooh phone/address book among a bunch of other things. This is the only item which I use all the time! I know I got a bunch of other stuff, but who knows what they were. The address book really brings back fond memories every time I use it.

I have mickey shaped pancake forms....which you can also use when frying an egg. They are great and practical!

I also would think jewelry (love the charm idea) and watches are a good bet. I am into collecting attraction posters, so the art store is where I go.

iI know I've posted these pics a couple of times in another thread....I drink my tea every morning out of one of my Micky-head mugs! I love these because they're hand=painted and every one is different. I have four so far but will probably buy a couple more.

P1000497.jpg

I love buying a pen on every trip to WDW. My current Tigger pen is the only thing that motivates me take notes during class (as a bonus, it distracts everyone else in my class!). When the ink runs out, it is time to go back to WDW!

I also buy pens from trips. One year, I got Pooh and last year I got Stitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter