Practical little tips on POR Royal Rooms

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Prose, Nov 4, 2012.

1. kileybeth

kileybeth DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for reporting in with all the handy tips and advice as to what you found!

We are so looking forward to the royal room but a bit wary of leaving our beloved PORFQ Riverside is just not normally our cup of tea even when in Bldg 14 (hehe) and have only spent a couple nights previously in a mansion room with a king bed (no kiddos that time).

No special request on our reservation so who knows where we end up right?

Keep those reports coming in, only 31 days left before we go!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. wynntx

wynntx Earning My Ears

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

4. Collette

Collette Mouseketeer

We were in POR Royal rooms in October. Loved the rooms!!

At first I was worried that the beds were too hard, but they actually turned out to be quite comfortable. No morning backaches and we slept well. I do agree that a little softer pillows would have been nice.

Very cute, nice rooms - and I fell in love with POR!! Not sure why I never wanted to stay there before, but I will definitely be going back.

5. lillykat

lillykat DIS Veteran

Does anyone know know if all the supplies are orange scented? DD is allergic to oranges and she enjoys the little bottles. Are the bars orange scented as well? Do they offer an alternative?

6. Scott MC

Scott MC DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for your review! We're (likely) staying in one of these rooms in April

I think you could note this on your original reservation and mention it again on check-in. I know there are several scents floating around various resorts, so I can't see why they couldn't get another type of toiletry for you considering your DD's allergy.

7. carly chloe

carly chloe DIS Veteran

did they let you move or how did that work? We stayed at POP for 6 nights and all of us had backaches in the morning. We didn't say anything because I didn't know you could complain about it. I will never stay at POP again.

8. theresamom

theresamom Earning My Ears

Since you've just returned, I have a couple of questions regarding the Royal Guest Rooms at POR.

*** Where did you catch the bus for the parks (for the most part?). Did you encounter any bus crowding or bus timing issues?

*** What kind of coffee maker did they have in the room? I was going to use the coffee maker to heat water to make hot tea, but if it's a "pod" type system, I will buy pods in advance so that I can make hot tea each morning.

Thanks in advance!

9. Prose

Prose DIS Veteran

Generally we'd catch the bus in the mornings at the South Dept right after breakfast - we are rope drop people, so we'd aim for one of the earliest buses. We'd catch the bus in the evenings at the East Depot. We never had a problem with crowded buses, except at park close back to the resort.

The coffee pots are the Cuisinart brand, with the flat, round pods. They supply pods, cups, and little pre-packaged sets of stirrers/powder creamer/sweetener.