Practical itinerary?

pixie_dust88

Earning My Ears
I would very much appreciate some input on a tentative itinerary I put together in anticipation of my trip, which will most likely be taking place from Nov. 30th to Dec. 5th. I have not been to WDW in 13 years, and would really value your opinions. Please tell me if you think my plans are practical, or if there's anything you'd like to suggest.

DAY 1
Breakfast: Something very hearty
AM: Flight
Lunch: Fast food
Afternoon: Magical Express to Hotel, check-in by 3pm
Activities: Un-pack, swim at the hotel, rest
Dinner: Raglan Road + pub (ADRS!)
Evening: Shopping in Downtown Disney

DAY 2
Breakfast: Bagels & coffee in room
AM: Hollywood Studios
Activities: Tower of Terror (FASTPASS!), Rockin Roller Coaster, One Man's Dream, Toy Story Mania
Lunch: Sci-Fi Diner (ADRS!)
Activities: Great Movie Ride, Lights! Stunt Show, Muppetvision 3D, Indiana Jones?
Dinner: Hotel Cafe/Pizza Delivery
Evening: Swimming & relaxing

DAY 3
Breakfast: Complimentary breakfast
AM: Magic Kingdom
Activities: Splash Mountain (FASTPASS!), Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion
Lunch: Pinocchio Village
Activities: Mickey's PhilharMagic, Space Mountain, Carousel of Progress, Monsters Laugh Floor, Space Ranger Spin
Evening: Relaxing & calling home

DAY 4
AM: Animal Kingdom
Activities: Dinosaur (FASTPASS!), Primeval Whirl, Expedition Everest, Tough to be a Bug!
Lunch: Pizzafari
Activities: Back to hotel to rest, swim & relax
Dinner: Planet Hollywood (ADRS!)

DAY 5
AM: Epcot
Activities: Test Track (FASTPASS!), Mission Space (FASTPASS!), World Showcase
Lunch: Tokyo Dining
Activities: World Showcase cont'd, Soarin' (FASTPASS!), Spaceship Earth, back to hotel
Dinner: Paradiso 37 + pub (ADRS!)
Evening: Watch fireworks, pack gear & prepare for early departure

Thank you in advance! :)

Looks good, but if you are there by rope drop, you'll be able to do alot more rides before lunch than you have listed. And at Epcot, get your fastpasses for soarin first, you can use them after the time window if needed, they are gone fast.

Looks good, but if you are there by rope drop, you'll be able to do alot more rides before lunch than you have listed. And at Epcot, get your fastpasses for soarin first, you can use them after the time window if needed, they are gone fast.

Is rope drop at 9AM? I like to sleep in sometimes, so I left my mornings relatively flexible... But there's plenty of stuff I'd like to see and do. What's listed are just the Must-Dos. :) Thanks for the tip about Soarin'! I'll make sure to add that to my notes. Good thing those rides are near each other, so I can get all my fastpasses in one fell swoop. :thumbsup2

You'll be there during the Christmas decorations. Make some time at the end of your HS day to see the Osborne Lights...they come on after dark and you don't want to miss them!

At Epcot, each country has a "holiday" story teller. They are entertaining. We recommend the one in Norway. There is also the Candlelight Processional...a Nativity story telling set to live music.

You will probably want to Fastpass Expedition Everest over Dinosaur as it is a bit more popular ride.

You need to be prepared for COLD weather. It may be too cold to swim on some, if not all days. We were there the exact same days this past year and while we did wear shorts to the park a couple days, it cooled off in the evening very fast. Then we had two days of VERY cold weather where we needed long pants and jackets.

I wish you could get fastpasses in 1 fell swoop....however, you can only get a fastpass after the time of the first fastpass has gone by or after 2 hrs (I think), whichever occurs first. So, prioritize your fast passes.....definately Soarin' first at Epcot and Toy Story Mania at DHS!

PerditaMarie is right. The Fastpasses for Toy Story Mania go very quickly. We were there three weeks ago (in a very slow time) and by 11:00 AM the TSM Fastpasses were already for 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Crazy!

I would get FP for Soarin, EE and TSM earlier in your day rather than later.

Unfortunately you can't get all your FP at once, you need to wait two hours or until the time on the FP (it will say something like "another FP will be available after X).

I wish you could get fastpasses in 1 fell swoop....however, you can only get a fastpass after the time of the first fastpass has gone by or after 2 hrs (I think), whichever occurs first. So, prioritize your fast passes.....definately Soarin' first at Epcot and Toy Story Mania at DHS!

Oh, okay. I knew there was a waiting period, but I didn't know they couldn't be purchased back-to-back. Thanks for the tip!

PerditaMarie is right. The Fastpasses for Toy Story Mania go very quickly. We were there three weeks ago (in a very slow time) and by 11:00 AM the TSM Fastpasses were already for 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Crazy!

Wow, that's insane! I had no idea TSM was so popular. Thank you.

Oh, okay. I knew there was a waiting period, but I didn't know they couldn't be purchased back-to-back. Thanks for the tip!

Purchased? May be just a slip of the keyboard, ;) but if not, here's another important tip: Fast Passes are free. :)

Ok, Here you go!
I would very much appreciate some input on a tentative itinerary I put together in anticipation of my trip, which will most likely be taking place from Nov. 30th to Dec. 5th. I have not been to WDW in 13 years, and would really value your opinions. Please tell me if you think my plans are practical, or if there's anything you'd like to suggest.

DAY 1
Breakfast: Something very hearty
AM: Flight
Lunch: Fast food
Afternoon: Magical Express to Hotel, check-in by 3pm
Activities: Un-pack, swim at the hotel, rest
Dinner: Raglan Road + pub (ADRS!)

DAY 2
AM: Hollywood Studios
Activities: Tower of Terror (FASTPASS!), Rockin Roller Coaster, One Man's Dream, Toy Story Mania(Fastpass First)
Lunch: Sci-Fi Diner (ADRS!)
Activities: Great Movie Ride, Lights! Stunt Show, Muppetvision 3D, Indiana Jones?
Evening: Swimming & relaxing

DAY 3
AM: Magic Kingdom
Activities: Splash Mountain (FASTPASS!), Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion
Lunch: Pinocchio Village
Activities: Mickey's PhilharMagic, Space Mountain(Fastpass First), Carousel of Progress, Monsters Laugh Floor, Space Ranger Spin
Evening: Relaxing & calling home

DAY 4
AM: Animal Kingdom
Activities: Dinosaur (FASTPASSNot needed!), Primeval Whirl, Expedition Everest(Fastpass), Tough to be a Bug!
Lunch: Pizzafari
Activities: Back to hotel to rest, swim & relax
Dinner: Planet Hollywood (ADRS!)

DAY 5
AM: Epcot
Activities: Test Track (FASTPASS!), Mission Space (FASTPASS not needed !), World Showcase
Lunch: Tokyo Dining
Activities: World Showcase cont'd, Soarin' (FASTPASS First in Morning!), Spaceship Earth, back to hotel
Dinner: Paradiso 37 + pub (ADRS!)
Evening: Watch fireworks, pack gear & prepare for early departure

Thank you in advance! :)

Be prepared to miss somethings and want to go back real soon!

I'm sure! lol. Thank you; I had a hunch I might've been FastPassing the wrong ones. The last time I went to WDW, I don't think FastPass was around. I'm pretty clueless. Thanks so much, though. I'll change my notes accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter