Power pass renewal ?

PMart

DIS Veteran
I have power passes that will re new in sept, can I upgrade them now to preferred passes and if so how and where do i do this

Thank PMart

I upgraded a couple of power passes to regular AP's last summer in order to go to the opening of the new HP land. Our AP's needed renewing in May, so when I called to renew them, I upgraded one pass over the phone - very easy. The second renewal was not so easy. Since I had already renewed the pass, it could only be upgraded at the parks. We visited in July of last year, and went to the guest services location at IOA. Almost 2 hours later, it was upgraded and I paid 3 times as much to upgrade the second pass as it cost to upgrade the first one.

Short answer, yes do this in the parks at guest services. Hope you get a more knowledgeable CM to help you :)

I thought you couldn't renew until 30 days before expiry. ?

Yes you cannot renew until then but you can upgrade to a different pass. You will pay the difference and same expiration as the original.

op didn't elaborate when she did the renewal but if she did her transaction last july, then june would be acceptable.

i bought the passes in aug but did not use until sept. I just would like to renew from home i get nervous thinking i have to wait until i get there lol or I can just upgrade to the pref pass i don't care lol just want to be able to go to both parks the power passes have block out dates for universal when we will be there

if you first used your power pass in september, that is the date it became active
you can renew 30 days out from that date.

you could upgrade before then from power to preferred and pay the difference between the two

call soon and ask the TM to help you to upgrade now.
but do ask prior if it would be more advantageous to do so now or in august.

I'm upgrading three power passes to preferred. They all expire in September, but we'll be there Saturday.
I thought I had to do this at the parks. Is there a way to do it now, via phone, so that I can save some time this weekend?

I'm upgrading three power passes to preferred. They all expire in September, but we'll be there Saturday.
I thought I had to do this at the parks. Is there a way to do it now, via phone, so that I can save some time this weekend?

if you send an email to guest services, they will be able to let you know the best way to upgrade the power passes before you go to the parks this weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter