• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Powell Poll

Will Powell support Obama?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about a dang if you do, dang if you don't!!

If he endorses McCain, most democrats will scream he is going against his own race.

If he endorses Obama, most republicans will scream he is just doing it because of race.

If I was him, I'd keep my opinions to myself and not say a single word!

Oh, that was disappointing. I thought the question was going to be...If Colin Powell were running for President, would you vote for him.

;)

If he endorses McCain, most democrats will scream he is going against his own race.

If he endorses Obama, most republicans will scream he is just doing it because of race.

He's a republican, so I wouldn't scream if he supported McCain.

Oh, that was disappointing. I thought the question was going to be...If Colin Powell were running for President, would you vote for him.

;)

I'd absolutely vote for him! :thumbsup2

But from interviews I've heard, he will probably never run. I honestly wish it were between Powell and Obama instead of McCain and Obama. Whoa - wouldn't a McCain/Powell ticket have been nice?

As for supporting McCain, I would expect him to.

I respect Powell, I think he is a good man and I hope no matter what he does people respect it and move on.

;)

Oh, now that is a poll I would quickly answer a big yes to!

He's a republican, so I wouldn't scream if he supported McCain.

That is why I said "most" as many would not care, but most would.

I respect Powell, I think he is a good man and I hope no matter what he does people respect it and move on.

I completely agree with you. But to me and this is just my opinion, there has been very little in this election that has been done or handled respectfully by either party.

I was handed a sample ballot today. I looked at it and the POTUS portion and thought iny meeny miny moe was the best way to handle it.

Oh, now that is a poll I would quickly answer a big yes to!

That is why I said "most" as many would not care, but most would.

I completely agree with you. But to me and this is just my opinion, there has been very little in this election that has been done or handled respectfully by either party.

I was handed a sample ballot today. I looked at it and the POTUS portion and thought iny meeny miny moe was the best way to handle it.

:)

If he hasn't endorsed McCain yet, then that means he's going for Obama. Any day now.

ROFL! I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!!!!!

I'd absolutely vote for him! :thumbsup2

But from interviews I've heard, he will probably never run. I honestly wish it were between Powell and Obama instead of McCain and Obama. Whoa - wouldn't a McCain/Powell ticket have been nice?

As for supporting McCain, I would expect him to.

I agree with the part that a McCain/Powell ticket would have been awesome. I was one of those who was hoping that Powell would have made a run for POTUS.

However, I have to admit that I am thinking that Powell will endorse Obama. :sad2: I think too much has happend beteen Powell and the Bush administration.

If he hasn't endorsed McCain yet, then that means he's going for Obama. Any day now.

he is expected to announce something on Sunday!:)

Will Powell Endorse Obama?
Howard Fineman
Is Gen. Colin Powell getting ready to endorse Sen. Barack Obama on "Meet the Press" this Sunday? Two sources close to Powell, speaking on the condition of anonymity, predict that he will. On the record, a third, Ken Duberstein, a Washington lobbyist and former White House chief of staff, didn't flatly deny it. "You can say what you want," he told me, "but I didn't tell you that and neither did Powell."

OK, true enough.

If Powell does endorse Obama, racial pride will have something to do with it, which is understandable. Powell has been a trailblazer himself, and he admires Obama's unflappability and skill in rising so quickly through the ranks of American politics.

While Powell is personally close to McCain, and has been for many years, he seems to have taken a special interest in making himself available, behind the scenes and from time to time, to discuss foreign policy and defense issues with the novice Illinois senator. I believe Powell feels a responsibility to help Obama out, almost as if a member of the family were taking on a tough new job.

However, if Powell does endorse, it will have less to do with American sociology than world affairs. Powell simply has no use anymore--if he ever had any--for the neo-con cowboys he thinks misled the country (and him) into a mistaken and costly war in Iraq.

Powell has been careful in public not to criticize his colleagues in the Bush administration nor bluntly call the war a mistake. He came close to saying that at the Aspen Institute's Ideas Conference last summer, but remained droll and elliptical.

An endorsement of Obama would be an indirect but powerful way of expressing his resentments and regrets: refusing to support a fellow Republican who has very Bush-like ideas about how to make America more secure in a world of terror.

"It's not so much about race as it is about foreign policy," a friend of Powell's told me. "He thinks Obama has a lot to learn, but that he has the capacity."

I agree with the part that a McCain/Powell ticket would have been awesome. I was one of those who was hoping that Powell would have made a run for POTUS.

However, I have to admit that I am thinking that Powell will endorse Obama. :sad2: I think too much has happend beteen Powell and the Bush administration.

I think that what happened with Bush is a big part of his decision as well.

I don't believe Colin Powell is, or ever has been, registered with either party. I also don't think we should make any assumptions about which candidate he will support. If he does end up endorsing a candidate, it would probably be the most powerful endorsement of this campaign. If I had to guess, I would think he will probably vote for McCain, but that is his business and none of ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter