POTS Syndrome

Discussion in 'Coping and Compassion' started by KS Dis Mom, Aug 30, 2012.

1. KS Dis Mom

KS Dis Mom Earning My Ears

After many years of saying to different Drs that I know their is something wrong with me.....I was finally diagnosed with POTS Syndrome.

Long story short, I had a allergic reaction to Benedryl and ended up in the ER. I ended up staying 2 days in the hospital because my HR was so high. After many tests and DRs visits POTS was brought up. I looked it up online and just kept crossing up symptons and causes while I read.

Anyone else out there with POTS that can help me to understand it better. I am currently on a BetaBlocker, Effoxor and lots of vitamins (BComplex/multi/Vitamin C/Pottasium). Anything that my Dr is missing (tests/drugs/advice)? Just any information that can help me out.

Thanks!:)

2. Disney_Fanatic25

Disney_Fanatic25 Mouseketeer

Hi I'm glad they finally found out what was going on. I have POTS. I'm on a betablocker and a Med to up my blood pressure. Have they done a tilt table test? That is how they found out I needed the BP meds. I just know I need to get up slowly and not miss a dose. I also can't stand in one place too long. I'm always fidgety in lines LOL hope that helps