Potluck work brunch... help!

pipermae

Mouseketeer
I have NO idea what to make or bring to a brunch... any ideas? (Preferably something not super common, i.e. muffins, coffee, etc. I've already overheard people talking about these and would like to bring something else.)

Some of the more popular items at our potlucks have been entree types of dishes - like spaghetti (in a crock pot), chicken tortilla casserole thingy in a crock pot, also cherry cobbler in a crock pot. Try to stay away from purchased items - those always go last at our potlucks... Allrecipes.com has a great collection of recipes. HTH! :)

How about shrimp and cocktail sauce. That is what I am bringing to our work pot luck this Friday. Our local supermarket is offering frozen bags of shrimp buy one get one free and the same deal on the jars of sauce. I have a platter to place it on then I will thaw the shrimp and put a bowl of sauce in the middle. Easy to do.
Other people are bringing (from the sign up list)
Kielbasa in a crockpot made with grape jelly (pretty good)
meatballs
4 dozen dunkin donuts
spanish rice
potato salad
macaroni salad
spinach and seafood quiche
cut up veggie platter with dip
various desserts cookies to pies to cakes
someone is bringing bottles of soda
someone else is providing the plates and plastic ware
cheese and crackers
baked beans
carrot salad with raisins and mini marshmallows
garlic bread
chocolates
ambrosia salad
guacamole and salsa with chips
fresh fruit (box of clementines)

Hope this helps.:)

Ham & spinach egg quiche
mini quiches
Hashbrown casserole
Cinnamon apples- crockpot?
Bread pudding
French toast casserole
Sausage balls
Strata

For a brunch I would go with a frittata or a quiche. Eggs, veggies, and cheese either baked in a pie crust or casserole dish. These are delicious hot or room temperature.

Ours was a luncheon and I brought Sausage dip and Tostitos chips. I think it was the hit of the party!! I had about 10 people asking for the recipe and I saw people in there all day snacking on it!!! It's really easy...

2 pkgs cream cheese
1 can rotel tomatoes
1- 1lb roll of sausage, browned and drained

Put all ingredients in a crock pot to melt the cheese and then to keep warm. YUM!!!!

Oh, and sausage is kind of breakfast-y:thumbsup2

This Blueberry Coffee Cake is awesome! And super easy.

Blueberry Coffee Cake
2 boxes blueberry muffin mix
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 cup water
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese- do not soften
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup margarine

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease a 13 x 9 pan
Drain and rinse blueberries from muffin mix. In medium bowl combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and margarine until crumbly. Set aside.
In large bowl, mix sour cream and eggs. Gradually stir in water. Stir in muffin mix until moistened. Spread 1/2 of batter in pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of blueberries and 1/2 of brown sugar mixture. Slice cream cheese and lay on top of streusel. Top with remaining batter, blueberries, and streusel.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until golden brown and set.

This sausage and potato casserole is my favorite brunch recipe. There are no eggs in it, so its something a little different for a potluck. Its from Bon Appetit.

* 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
* 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
* 1 1/2 cups milk (do not use low-fat or nonfat)

* 1 1-pound package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
* 4 green onions, finely chopped
* 1 1/4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish. Cook sausage in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown, breaking into small pieces with back of spoon, about 5 minutes. Mix in flour, then milk. Cook until mixture thickens and comes to boil, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.

Arrange potatoes in prepared dish. Top with 1/3 of green onions, 1 cup cheese, 1/3 of green onions, sausage mixture and remaining 1/4 cup cheese.

Bake casserole until potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining green onions and serve.

Sausage and cheese balls.

combine:
10 ounces of grated sharp cheddar cheese
1lb raw hot pork sausage (usually comes in a tube like shape)
3 cups of bisquick

chill dough
Roll into 1 inch balls
Place on cookie sheet
bake for 13 to 15 minutes in preheated 400 degree oven

Rice Krispie Treats

Dump Cakes are always great...they come out like a cobbler. My favorites are blueberry/pineapple and peach/pineapple.

Fruit Trifle

Layered Salad

Deviled Eggs

Cheese Platter

I received a marriage proposal after a work luncheon from a guy who loved this dessert. :rotfl:

Death by Chocolate Triffle.
Layered brownie, chocolate pudding, cool whip and toffee chips. It is so easy, but so very good. Can be made the night before, gets even better the next day.

Veggie or Fruit Tray is always appreciated.

Pumpernickel with Dill Dip.

I do an easy pulled pork (easiest of the two) or brisket in the crockpot if you wanted something a little more substantial. If interested, let me know and I will post it. Drop that off in the kitchen with small bakery rolls and a bottle of BBQ sauce.

Pasta Salad - nothing in it that will make people sick if it sits out all day.:thumbsup2

Google Lemon Blossoms. Recipe by Paula Deen. One of the girls here at work just brought everyone some & they are wonderful! I could eat about 3 dozen of them & everyone else here at work is raving. She brought us all 6 in a small tin. Really good & the recipe looks very simple.

Google Lemon Blossoms. Recipe by Paula Deen. One of the girls here at work just brought everyone some & they are wonderful! I could eat about 3 dozen of them & everyone else here at work is raving. She brought us all 6 in a small tin. Really good & the recipe looks very simple.

I just made these for the brunch... and I was sooo worried that it'd come out wrong and I must say... these are amazing! Thank you, everyone for your suggestions! And I must tell you all to google this recipe and try it!:banana:

Cherry Salad! It's one of my favorite holiday foods!

Combine and chill overnight:
1 med. can Crushed Pineapple, drained
1 can Cherry Pie Filling
1 cup Coconut
1 can Eagle Brand Milk
1- 9oz. Cool Whip (ok - so the Cool Whip only comes in I think 8 oz. or larger so I usually just get the larger tub and then estimate)

Mix and put in glass bowl and refrigerate overnight.

So good!! :thumbsup2

My favorite fruit dip always goes over well.
1 8oz block cream cheese
1 jar of marshmallow cream
1 tub cool whip
whip it all together and add 1 package of strawberry jello
Serve with a fruit tray!

I just made these for the brunch... and I was sooo worried that it'd come out wrong and I must say... these are amazing! Thank you, everyone for your suggestions! And I must tell you all to google this recipe and try it!:banana:

Glad you liked them! They are divine! And look simple to make. They are on my "list" now. ;)

I made fruit kabobs for a Hawaiian-themed engagement party. I skewered grapes, pineapple and strawberries on bamboo skewers. I bought the fruit at BJ's for a good price and assembly only took about 30 minutes. They looked fabulous and were a big hit. I was asked by a few people if I bought them from one of those edible design places.

We're having one of these tomorrow! Here is what I"m making:

HEAVENLY HASH

1 (15 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained thoroughly
1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained thoroughly
1 (8 oz.) carton cottage cheese
1 (3 oz.) pkg. orange Jello
1 sm. container Cool Whip

Add cottage cheese to fruit. Sprinkle orange Jello over fruit and mix thoroughly. Fold in Cool Whip and refrigerate at least 2 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter