• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Potential hurricaine Dean...what's the latest?

E

eeyoresmom

I live in the NE and everyone at work was talking about this today. What's the latest news?? I missed the 5-6pm news and will not be able to see the 11pm either. we're flying out on the 17th and back on the 24th. I'm not at all concerned, just curious. TIA:)

http://flhurricane.com/cyclone/stormspotlight.php?year=2007&storm=4

Too early to tell if it will hit the US, I guess.

We leave next Friday(24th), I'm not worried, but I do hope Dean's done with by then.

I also found this on accuweather:
dean_paths.jpg

But accuweather has never been very accurate for me.

I live in the NE and everyone at work was talking about this today. What's the latest news?? I missed the 5-6pm news and will not be able to see the 11pm either. we're flying out on the 17th and back on the 24th. I'm not at all concerned, just curious. TIA:)

The 5PM update from the NOAA revised Dean's track a bit to the south, but it is still too soon to predict if/when/where it will hit the U.S. The official hurricane tracking data is updated at 11AM and 5PM, so there's not likely to be any new news until the next update.

I am sitting back and relaxing. We will get down there....if we don't get back up (meaning extended vacation) no big deal.

I gotta get back to packing.

Im flying out of NY on the 22nd. :scared1: This would be my luck since we were in MGM when a tropical storm hit FL last summer.

As long as it does not hit on Monday the 20th (my wedding!). Seriously though, that is the week I have been having.

:surfweb: I'll be watching the updates and our trip closes in... our worst fear since we'll be in WDW for three nights this weekend and then onto Cancun for another three nights.. I guess I better pack the poncho's!:scared:

Well let's put it this way, I live in Orlando and this is the first I have heard about Dean:rotfl:

I am sure the local news will start going nuts with this.

I was at POFQ when Wilma hit. They closed the parks till 2pm that day. Can you imagine calling into working because of 40 mph wind and rain? I know my boss would say she knows. She spent 2 hours driving in it, and get in since you only live 2 mi from work. :rotfl: In other words, you'll be at WDW. You'll be fine.

hey cccm , i am on the south shore too, flying out sunday :) I am watching dean closely. I too would be ok with extended vaca, but really dont want to miss the p&p party on the 21st. So I have placed my prayer requests for dean to track father south or out to sea :)

Nothing will be known on this storm track until Sunday evening and into next week...it's simply too early to tell.

MA here too .. leaving the 26th .. doesn't look like it will impact FL (orlando) much ..

The past 3 trips we have gone in the hurricane season (late August, early September) I picked up Eye of the Storm software .. it's pretty cheap and neat to track these storms .. it pulls data right from NOAA so it helps keep a tab on these things.

WDW is inland enough that all you'll have to deal with is the rain and maybe some wind ..

Well let's put it this way, I live in Orlando and this is the first I have heard about Dean:rotfl:

I am sure the local news will start going nuts with this.

The Orlando stations will not give Dean a second thought until Orlando is within the 5 day track, and they know that until the 3 day track has it passing over Orlando there is no reason to get concerned. And that is assuming that Dean even makes it to hurricane status;)

I am in NE too! I am happy that there is another DIS'er here!
:-)

Have fun in WDW- we leave in three weeks!

I picked up Eye of the Storm software .. it's pretty cheap and neat to track these storms .. it pulls data right from NOAA so it helps keep a tab on these things.

What is Eye of the Storm software?

MA here too .. leaving the 26th .. doesn't look like it will impact FL (orlando) much ..

The past 3 trips we have gone in the hurricane season (late August, early September) I picked up Eye of the Storm software .. it's pretty cheap and neat to track these storms .. it pulls data right from NOAA so it helps keep a tab on these things.

WDW is inland enough that all you'll have to deal with is the rain and maybe some wind ..

Wow lots of us Mass people here! I am right near the Cape. I leave on Thursday and I am not worried about the weather at all.

We fly down to Orlando on the 25th. While I would not mind an extended vacation...I'm wishing I would have bought insurance for this trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter