POTENTIAL Disney Gift Card Deal

rab1022

Mouseketeer
I haven't had a chance to test this, but wanted to pass it along. I just got an email from Tanger outlets with a promo code for $10 off any giftcard $50 or more. My thought is to buy the Tanger giftcards and then use them at the Disney Store to purchase Disnet giftcards. If it works, it could be 20% a vacation - similar to the Target deal around Christmas.

Obviously, this only helps if you're near a Tanger outlet. You can order the giftcards on their website with promo code 2522013. There is a $1.50 service fee per card, but will be waived if you sign up for their club (one time $10 I believe).

Again, I'm not positive that you can buy Disney giftcards with Tanger giftcards, but I plan on testing in the next few days. The offer is valid till May 12th.

Good luck!

At the risk of sounding like an old-time movie - That's so crazy it just might work!!;)

The nearest Tangier outlet with a Disney store is 3.5 hours away from me in Myrtle Beach. Please let me know if this works so I can start planning a weekend at the beach!!

I haven't had a chance to test this, but wanted to pass it along. I just got an email from Tanger outlets with a promo code for $10 off any giftcard $50 or more. My thought is to buy the Tanger giftcards and then use them at the Disney Store to purchase Disnet giftcards. If it works, it could be 20% a vacation - similar to the Target deal around Christmas.

Obviously, this only helps if you're near a Tanger outlet. You can order the giftcards on their website with promo code 2522013. There is a $1.50 service fee per card, but will be waived if you sign up for their club (one time $10 I believe).

Again, I'm not positive that you can buy Disney giftcards with Tanger giftcards, but I plan on testing in the next few days. The offer is valid till May 12th.

Good luck!

At the risk of sounding like an old-time movie - That's so crazy it just might work!!;)

The nearest Tangier outlet with a Disney store is 3.5 hours away from me in Myrtle Beach. Please let me know if this works so I can start planning a weekend at the beach!!

I'm in MB, so I'll let you know what they say.

Typically places will not let you buy gift cards with gift cards.

If it's a Visa gift card, that can be done. If it's a "mall" gift card, probably not. I know for a fact you can't buy or reload a Disney gift card with a Disney gift card.

If it's a Visa gift card, that can be done. If it's a "mall" gift card, probably not. I know for a fact you can't buy or reload a Disney gift card with a Disney gift card.

This is true, and it says so right on the back of the Disney Gift card. I wanted to take several of my $50 Disney gift cards from Target and buy one gift card at the Disney Store, but it did not work. The CM tried and it rejected. Then when I got home I looked on the back of the gift card and it says you cannot use a gift card to purchase a gift card.

Ditto...that is my understanding as well. I could not even use my CVS extra bucks to purchase a Disney Gift card at CVS.

MJ

I have bought Disney gift cards with target gift cards. Maybe you cannot buy Disney gift cards with another gift card at the Disney Store?

I just this weekend used a Target gift card in the store to purchase a Disney gift card. So it may work.
It makes sense that you can't use a Disney gift card to purchase another Disney gift card. But if it's a mall gift card, I don't see any reason you shouldn't be able to use it on a Disney gift card.

I'm curious to see if it works. I'm not anywhere near a Tanger outlet mall, so it doesn't really matter to me. But I'm curious.

i hate to be a stick in the mud but how does a 10% discount translate to 20% per vacation? :confused3

THANX!

I have bought Disney gift cards with target gift cards. Maybe you cannot buy Disney gift cards with another gift card at the Disney Store?

Maybe it works for target because the disney cards aren't classified as actual gift cards, but rather an entertainment card? Kind of like the same way you aren't supposed to be able to buy gift cards with your Target red card and get the 5% discount, but you can with the Disney card because they don't count it as an actual gift card. So the same rules would apply when using a Target gift card, I would think.

Not trying to steal this thread, just wondering... what is the Target deal? Is it using the red card to get 5% off Disney Gift Cards? Do they sell Disney Gift Cards for a discount around Christmas?

Not trying to steal this thread, just wondering... what is the Target deal? Is it using the red card to get 5% off Disney Gift Cards? Do they sell Disney Gift Cards for a discount around Christmas?

If you have a Red Card, all purchases are 5% off always. Gift cards (except Target gift cards) are included. After you fill 5 prescriptions and charge to your Red Card, they give you a coupon for 5% off on any one day. You can combine the 2 and get almost 10% off your Disney gift cards. They come in $50 denominations. Only thing thats a pain is calling all those cards in to DCL or your TA.

Jodie

The deal I was referring to was a Facebook coupon that was worth a $10 Target gift card with a purchase of $50. Since Disney gift cards ring up in the Target system as "entertainment cards" instead of "gift cards", the coupon worked on them. You could purchase up to 4 $50 cards in one transaction for $200 and get back 4 $10 Target cards. So, for every 5 $50 cards you purchased, you'd get a free $50 Disney card (with the 5 $10 Target cards). I believe people were also combining this with the 5% RedCard discount and/or the 5% pharmacy coupon. I didn't catch on to the deal until the last night, but found a nice cashier at the local SuperTarget who let me ring up about 20 transactions of 4 giftcards each. She had to scour all of the check out lanes to find extra $10 cards for me.

The deal I was referring to was a Facebook coupon that was worth a $10 Target gift card with a purchase of $50. Since Disney gift cards ring up in the Target system as "entertainment cards" instead of "gift cards", the coupon worked on them. You could purchase up to 4 $50 cards in one transaction for $200 and get back 4 $10 Target cards. So, for every 5 $50 cards you purchased, you'd get a free $50 Disney card (with the 5 $10 Target cards). I believe people were also combining this with the 5% RedCard discount and/or the 5% pharmacy coupon. I didn't catch on to the deal until the last night, but found a nice cashier at the local SuperTarget who let me ring up about 20 transactions of 4 giftcards each. She had to scour all of the check out lanes to find extra $10 cards for me.

I LOVED that deal. It came just in time for me since we cruised in Jan.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter