POTC online Beta Test

you also come across as implying you are the only person to participate in previous beta testing (by the way i would never brag about testing or even playing city of villians, the game is horrible). i have tested many games including many expansions to world of warcraft. besides this is not any of those game or even the same company so it is unrelated.

First off I am sure I am not the only one here that has done beta for mmos before BUT I can imagine there are lots that haven't and don't read those agreements and understand these things. I have seen that happen before. And I don't care if you don't like COV, there are plenty of us that do. I can't stand WOW and don't see why someone would "brag" about being part of that. So whatever...we each have games we prefer so what. And yes they are not the same company as this one and either of those games are the same company for that matter. BUT agreements are the same with betas no matter which you do. Obviously if you or others (someone did though since they removed the pic they had up) don't care about the agreement "signed" with it then oh well for you. Last I will say on this so enjoy the beta while it lasts and the game when its out for everyone. *going to play COV now*

E_O_G, many of our posters do not have prior experience in closed beta testing. Quite a few participated in VMK's open beta period and might not understand, or have read the agreement on the POTC site.

Yes, it is up to you to decide what you wish to share, but I would like everyone to make an informed decision of what they choose to post.

This is part of the agreement of the POTC site:
Can I post screenshots or information about the game?

No. Publishing any information to the Internet or to any other location or any other medium will result in your expulsion from the Beta program, and may result in other corporate disciplinary action.

Interpret the above as you see fit, it's your beta account.

Please remember to be respectful of others, even when you disagree with them.

E_O_G, many of our posters do not have prior experience in closed beta testing. Quite a few participated in VMK's open beta period and might not understand, or have read the agreement on the POTC site.

Yes, it is up to you to decide what you wish to share, but I would like everyone to make an informed decision of what they choose to post.

This is part of the agreement of the POTC site:

Interpret the above as you see fit, it's your beta account.

Please remember to be respectful of others, even when you disagree with them.
the only point i was trying to make on this matter is that everyone is responsible for their own actions. whether people have previously participated in beta testing is irrelovent. if people do not read the agreement that is their choice and ignorance cannot be expressed if action is taken. this also does not constitute someone to take the responsibility up on themselves to regulate what is posted on the boards. to scold, and in a sense try to intimidate people not to post stuff is uncalled for. only the mods have a right to prevent things from being posted. and since i have yet to see any take action in the matter of the things discussed on this board, there is no issue. if those in question dislike or do not agree with what is being discussed then they do not need to participate. all opinions are welcome and in my mind valued. but thought needs to go into how ideas are presented. a simple "hey guys just be careful what you talk about" is more than enough to surfice. the way her original post was presented made it sound like a mother scolding her children. i am just suprised no one else spoke up to defend their questions and or discussions. i speak only for myself and her original post included me. that is the only reason i stepped up to speak my mind. she did not warn but not in so many words told us not to discuss these things. i never once said that posting here is not against the rules, but there has been nothing discussed here that goes beyond what is presented in the developer diaries on the main home page.

the only point i was trying to make on this matter is that everyone is responsible for their own actions. whether people have previously participated in beta testing is irrelovent. if people do not read the agreement that is their choice and ignorance cannot be expressed if action is taken. this also does not constitute someone to take the responsibility up on themselves to regulate what is posted on the boards. to scold, and in a sense try to intimidate people not to post stuff is uncalled for. only the mods have a right to prevent things from being posted. and since i have yet to see any take action in the matter of the things discussed on this board, there is no issue. if those in question dislike or do not agree with what is being discussed then they do not need to participate. all opinions are welcome and in my mind valued. but thought needs to go into how ideas are presented. a simple "hey guys just be careful what you talk about" is more than enough to surfice. the way her original post was presented made it sound like a mother scolding her children. i am just suprised no one else spoke up to defend their questions and or discussions. i speak only for myself and her original post included me. that is the only reason i stepped up to speak my mind. she did not warn but not in so many words told us not to discuss these things. i never once said that posting here is not against the rules, but there has been nothing discussed here that goes beyond what is presented in the developer diaries on the main home page.

Be that as it may....Lori being the Co-Moderator here asked that posters be civil to one another when posting here, to that there should be no arguments.

Ok that was just plain nasty talk - could someone shut him off please - sorry I am not like this usually but this attack on the mods just set me off!

OK so lets get back on topic :confused3 did you all have a good stress test day?

So yeah can anyone help me with my question?
if it is grappling ammo for the ships you already have it. when you are on a cannon right click the mouse and highlight it. it will load. this function also works whie sailing only it gives you a broadside attack.

if it is grappling ammo for the ships you already have it. when you are on a cannon right click the mouse and highlight it. it will load. this function also works whie sailing only it gives you a broadside attack.

Wait. If you hit a navy does what happen?

On tortuga, how do you get the sharp crab claw

First you must kill a crab. Instead of trying to kill the crab at tortuga. go back to Port Royal and kill the crab down the beach from the dock where you can board your ship. This crab is much easier to kill. good luck

Wait. If you hit a navy does what happen?
the grappling only works when you shoot a ship to the point it should sink but doesn't. little green circles will appear instead. at that point shoot the grappling hook and you will be able to board and fight to take over the ship

First you must kill a crab. Instead of trying to kill the crab at tortuga. go back to Port Royal and kill the crab down the beach from the dock where you can board your ship. This crab is much easier to kill. good luck
if you kill the crab near the prison in tortuga it usually is a level 1 thru 4, should be easy to kill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter