Potato Head Question

sharibrat

DIS Veteran
Last year I recall seeing, in several stores, the Mr Potato Head and parts.
Does anybody know the price of the box you fill? Also, can you fill the box with just parts or do you have to get the body?

Hi,

When we went this past November, I believe it was $18 for the box and you don't have to put a body in, just need to be able to close it;) I know I didn't have a body in my box this past November and we go this September, I plan on doing it again. They did look in the box to make sure "nothing" else was in it so I took it as ok.

Tracy

A lot of the CM's at the stores are REALLY good at packing those boxes for you. My sister's kids got every conceivable piece between the two of them. She had the entire inside of the body filled and every avaiable space in the box and managed to get the lid completely closed. It was amazing!

Joanne

Great toy!!! Great way of selling them. We packed 2 boxes this past July for our grandson, and managed to get home with 3, count them 1, 2, 3!!!! ears somehow! Well, next visit we'll get that last ear I guess.

Where can I purchase these Potato Head parts? I assume at DTD in the Toy Store, but is there anywhere else in case we don't make it to DTD?

We bought them at DTD but our resort also had them in the gift shop not a big selection like at DTD but they did have them at POP...

Remember, if you do buy the body, or other peices that are big enough, you can put pieces inside of other pieces (so fill up the body with smaller parts) before putting it in the box. You can fit a lot more in that way.

And yes, if you can get a CM to help you with it then they really are very helpful with this!

hth.

We get a new box of parts every year! I suggest picking out all the parts you want then go to a corner and sort pieces by size and what fits into what. The CM are always amazed at how much I stuff into the box. We have also started doing the MLP boxes.

christina

When we bought ours, we closed up the box, and I told my son, that I was SURE we could fit more in. So, we opened it up, grabbed extra hands, and more, and then, I accidently ripped the box. So, it didn't close anymore.

I told my son, we need to look for the nicest CM running a register, because I was pretty sure we wouldn't be able to fit these into a different box.

The CM was very nice though, and told us it was no problem. My son ended up with 36 pieces, including many bigger items (shoes, goofy hats, ect)

You don't have to buy the body -- any normal Potato Head body from stores at home will do fine. So fill your box with all the neat Disney stuff. 1 consideration might be if you're driving/flying & want to amuse a kid en route then you'd want the body -- but I'd bring 1 from home with me!

BUT, you DO need the Disney Potato Head arms -- Left & Right (yes, they are different) because the hands on these will hold all your special Disney Potato Head goodies. If you think (even if you don't!) that you have any space in your box slide more arms in that box -- Left & Right. When (notice I said "when", if kids are involved) those get lost the rest of your pieces aren't so much fun!

No, that's not the voice of experience! I'm just repeating 1 of the best tips I got on this Board years ago. Looking forward to picking up more pieces on the next trip. Truly my favourite souvenir & it earns its space in our home rather than just sitting on a shelf. Great play value. Have fun! :thumbsup2

I could not find left & right arms, so I just figured they were all the same...darn.

Just an FYI that they are now selling Potato Head parts at AC Moore (though not Disney parts).

I think you can also purchase the parts at MK at the big gift shop in Toontown. I will have to check that out on our next visit in less than 3 weeks! :teeth:

Joanne

You can get them at Mouse Gears in Epcot and in the gift shop near Chester and Hester's Dino-rama in the Animal Kingdom.

Be sure to get the arms that hold all the extras like the camera, buzz spinner, etc.

You can also do a My Little Pony too, but I don't think they are as cute.

I believe MouseGears in ECPOT also has the parts/body.
I do this allmost every trip...
Got over 60 parts in one time, not all small, some shoes,hats, etc. I pre-fit the smaller pieces into the hallows of the larger parts and then place the big parts together a few ways to see if there is space I can cram more stuff into/around...
I think the last box was over 5 pounds... the CM was amazed. It is a lot of fun.
Do remember that if you at a MPHP( Mr.Potatoe Head Packer...), that not ALL the others that are packing boxes want your help :thumbsup2 . Some strange folks are happy just getting a body and a few parts... One family from England was trying to get in a body, MM arms, feet and a hat. When I showed them that it would all fit into the body and they would have a ton of room for more stuff the declined to stuff the box, saying they did not want the other stuff... I was SHOCKED! ( this is said in fun, folks, ok,I was really a little shocked, but it wasn't any of my bussiness!) I did suggest that if they had younger family members back in the UK that it would make a great treat for them and to at least get a few sets of MM arms... But they declined. :confused3 Sigh, they did eye me a little strangely... so I let them do it there way, even if it did pain me to do so. :guilty:

I definitely was happily surprised that a CM repacked my box for me, added more parts for us & was then satisfied if she could merely "close" the box with the assitance of a gracious supply of scotch tape!

This is one of the souvenirs that we will definitely be getting!! I may pick up a couple extra boxes to have on hand for extra b-day and holiday gifts!

It seem to me the Box was smaller this may 06 than it was in 05, but you gotta love Mr. Potato Head parts. DD are actually getting a little old for them but I still get a box to pack.

Denise :goodvibes

momoftwodisneykids said:
I think you can also purchase the parts at MK at the big gift shop in Toontown. I will have to check that out on our next visit in less than 3 weeks! :teeth:

Joanne

Joanne - you're correct on this...we got our parts in Toontown in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter