• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Postpone after you re-book onboard

disney_imagineer

Mouseketeer
Due to the 10% discount and $200 onboard credit, I know that rebooking onboard is a popular (and long-line-waiting) activity. :bounce: So I toss out this question to anyone who has done this.

If you do onboard rebooking and decide to postpone the trip out for a year, what happens to the rate? I'm sure the rates will go up every year. Will the difference also receive a 10% discount?

I know you can cancel to get your deposit back. But I haven't been able to read any info about postponing to a later date.

Asking only because onboard rebooking means you know that you'll be cruising for that particular cruise in the future. But a lot can happen during that time....such as lack of $$$$$$$ :sad2:

Thanks!

When you transfer your reservation to another date (i.e. postpone) you keep your 10% discount and stateroom credit (or whatever the current onboard offer is). You do not keep your rate. So, the 10% would apply to whatever the current rate is for your new cruise date (excluding tax and port fee's, etc.).

We rebooked on board 6/05 wanting to go in 5/07 which wasn't available at the time, so she put us down for 12/06 and when the dates opened for 2007, May wasn't available so I picked 4/07. Well then they open 5/05/07 and I switched it again. My 10% discount and $200 room credit followed all thru my changes. I even called a week after I did all that and changed my room # again! No problem.

disney_imagineer said:
is there a limit as to how many times you can postpone and push your cruise out? 3 times? 5 times? unlimited????
So far, no limits. But that's always subject to DCL changing their policies. :rolleyes:

And typically discounts and stateroom credits will carry over to a new cruise, but not always. If you transfer to a "specialty cruise" (i.e. the Med cruises) DCL may not offer the discounts and stateroom credits on those cruises, and if they aren't offered then you can't transfer yours from another cruise to the specialty cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter