Posting under my son's user name

burghman

Earning My Ears
I'm quite distraught! I'm a high school teacher (SamS) whose employer has decided to install additional filters on our server - will not allow access to forums, chat rooms, or discussion boards. For the most part, my visits to Disboards have been before and after school hours. I do not have a computer at home, and the local public library is probably not a realistic alternative. Should I begin searching for employment at another school (seems like a shame after 30 years, and also nearly 300 sick days that won't transfer)? Perhaps a lawsuit (mental cruelty) or grievance (change of "working" conditions)of some sort might be in order. I know, I know - get a computer at home. But what do I do in the mean time? I'm suffering withdrawal. Hmmmm - maybe I'll stay here in Pittsburgh a few extra days by using some of those accumulated sick days. Ethical dilemna!!!!

Guess my post wasn't DVC related, and fits better here. How about you guys - what do I do?

DIS withdrawal sure is a terrible affliction ;)
::yes::
I guess you'd just better get a home computer...quick!!!

I'd get a computer. I would find it difficult to be a teacher in today's Net oriented world without having one. Good luck.

What school district are you in - I hope not mine so my taxes aren't supporting do DISing.

Originally posted by Dan Murphy
I'd get a computer. I would find it difficult to be a teacher in today's Net oriented world without having one.

::yes::

I agree with Dan. My wife is a teacher and couldn't get by without a PC at home.

I know there are always some "deals" for teachers and computers- Id look and ask around and see what kindof deal you can get...

Personally I think it would be quite silly to find a new job specifically for lack of discussion boards at work....

-em

You say you're posting under your son's name. Yet you say you've been teaching for 30 years. I have to ask - how old is your son, and what difference does it make if you post under his name vs. your own? The IP is still the same if you are posting from the school. And seeing that you've been teaching for 30 years, I'd venture to say most of those have been without internet access, so what difference does it make?

I'm going to guess this post was written tongue-in-cheek, and with that in mind, I'd suggest getting a home computer.

If you are that addicted to the internet, I would suggest some sort of therapy. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter